• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I once saw a guy so salty that he said he wanted Pikachu to use E.Ball in SwSh to prove that SM isn't canon

Weird, I thought Electro Snooze was universally despised by fans of Pikachu

Electro Ball added nothing to Pikachu that wasn’t already there with Thunderbolt; it was a stupid decision when Volt Tackle was a great signature move. At least Electroweb has more strategic purpose than yellow Aura Sphere.

Agreed, it was really dumb. Volt Tackle is literally my favorite move of all time in the series, it was so amazingly designed compared to other attacks and was much better than the standard "Quick Attack!" or "Thunder!" we usually get.

It makes me wonder - who in the hell out of all the writers thought it was a good idea to replace Volt tackle, which had already been around for 2 gens, for electro ball, which I grew to like a little bit - with the excuse being...Pikachu wasn't fast enough somehow to hit some ducklett? What? What? I bet they'll replace Electroweb in Gen 9, the way things are going.

I think the answer to that is quite obvious. Look at Volt Tackle, then look at Electro Snooze. Notice the difference in quality?
I'm honestly glad it's finally gone, I've been praying for it to leave ever since XY started!

Electroweb's okay but it doesn't really suit Pikachu, I hope whatever replaces it feels right for him.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
Yeah. Looking at what he could possibly learn, I think he'll never learn Wild Charge, because it's way too similar to Volt Tackle, Nuzzle would be interesting, Surf out of the question, along with all the weird ones like Fling and Flash, I doubt Wish, and Shock Wave just doesn't feel right either.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I liked Elctro Ball because I found how they displayed the move to be cool and Pikachu’s movements when he did it. Also the “Pika Pika Chu Pi” was great.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
So, when do y'all think we'll finally get our first teaser and/or trailer or whatever for this anime?

My guess is October, though I obviously hope it's sooner.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Someone curiously pointed out to me that Pikachu might not actually be able to Dynamax since it hates going into it's Pokeball. While I'm sure the anime could ultimately resolve this in some fashion, it was definitely something that caught my attention.

Zoruagible

If they can make an exception for Pikachu, they best do the same for Meowth. It'd be nice to see him use a regional gimmick

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
If Pikachu ever uses Electroweb, SM won't be 100% ignored, so...
Don’t forget Rotom coming too but in the phone!

Which I’m actually hoping that’s the case! It would be stupid just to have an entirely different Rotom being used rather than the one they already have established as a character.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Don’t forget Rotom coming too but in the phone!

Which I’m actually hoping that’s the case! It would be stupid just to have an entirely different Rotom being used rather than the one they already have established as a character.
Hello this writers doesn't really care about theses idea if rotom is different from the sm ones then yes

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Rotom isn’t leaving. The Galar Dex isn’t even called a Pokédex anymore, it’s just the Rotom Phone. After establishing that Rotom was staying with Ash in SM098, and even more confirming that with the phone, I think it’s pretty clear the writers aren’t going to forget SM anytime soon.

Y’all hate to see it.

Redstar45

Rotom isn’t leaving. The Galar Dex isn’t even called a Pokédex anymore, it’s just the Rotom Phone. After establishing that Rotom was staying with Ash in SM098, and even more confirming that with the phone, I think it’s pretty clear the writers aren’t going to forget SM anytime soon.

Y’all hate to see it.
Well just because it is now smartphones doesn't really mean that rotom is going to be same one from the sm arc

ShadowForce720

Well just because it is now smartphones doesn't really mean that rotom is going to be same one from the sm arc

Except there isn't really any reason at this point to have a different Rotom, because there isn't really any advantage that a new Rotom could bring that the current Rotom couldn't already do. Plus if anything the Sun and Moon episode that had Rotom being offered to become a part of the Detective Laki show but in the end decided that the best way to accomplish it's goal of being the best Pokedex ever was to stay with Ash, was pretty much the writers way of telling you the current Rotom isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I mean honestly at this point it feel's like your kind of reaching here.

Redstar45

Except there isn't really any reason at this point to have a different Rotom, because there isn't really any advantage that a new Rotom could bring that the current Rotom couldn't already do. Plus if anything the Sun and Moon episode that had Rotom being offered to become a part of the Detective Laki show but in the end decided that the best way to accomplish it's goal of being the best Pokedex ever was to stay with Ash, was pretty much the writers way of telling you the current Rotom isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I mean honestly at this point it feel's like your kind of reaching here.
Well you have a Point there but when last writers do really care about theses idea before ? Ag or dpt sure

ShadowForce720

Well you have a Point there but when last writers do really care about theses idea before ? Ag or dpt sure

That's not really much of an argument, saying that oh well because they stop doing it after D&P that somehow prevent Rotom from going to the next region with Ash doesn't really work. The fact of the matter is not only isn't confirmed that there is the Rotom Phone in Sword and Shield which is inhabited by a Rotom and does have a dex feature in it, but we literally got a episode that was basically Rotom deciding that the best way to accomplish it's goal is to stay with Ash, which is basically the writers way of telling you that Rotom isn't going anywhere.

So given all that it's safe to say that the writers do care and do likely intend to have Rotom go with Ash to the next region. Look I can understand not like the Rotom Dex and it's personality that is perfectly fine, but that does not mean you then go around insisting a different Rotom joining Ash when they can just use the same Rotom from the current series.

When you really look at there is no reason to think it's a different Rotom, and saying that oh but when do the writers care about such things , or that you don't like the Rotom Dex isn't really a solid reason that would suggest that we would actually get a different Rotom especially when there is no actual advantage to getting a different Rotom when the current Rotom could do everything the new Rotom could do.

Redstar45

That's not really much of an argument, saying that oh well because they stop doing it after D&P that somehow prevent Rotom from going to the next region with Ash doesn't really work. The fact of the matter is not only isn't confirmed that there is the Rotom Phone in Sword and Shield which is inhabited by a Rotom and does have a dex feature in it, but we literally got a episode that was basically Rotom deciding that the best way to accomplish it's goal is to stay with Ash, which is basically the writers way of telling you that Rotom isn't going anywhere.

So given all that it's safe to say that the writers do care and do likely intend to have Rotom go with Ash to the next region. Look I can understand not like the Rotom Dex and it's personality that is perfectly fine, but that does not mean you then go around insisting a different Rotom joining Ash when they can just use the same Rotom from the current series.

When you really look at there is no reason to think it's a different Rotom, and saying that oh but when do the writers care about such things , or that you don't like the Rotom Dex isn't really a solid reason that would suggest that we would actually get a different Rotom especially when there is no actual advantage to getting a different Rotom when the current Rotom could do everything the new Rotom could do.
Me dislike rotom dex or not actually had nothing to do with it ....i just don't really trust writers all that much nowaday.

ShadowForce720

Me dislike rotom dex or not actually had nothing to do with it ....i just don't really trust writers all that much nowaday.

Except at this point it's not a matter of trusting the writers, it's a matter of that there is nothing that indicates that the Rotom that will be in the Sword and Shield anime would be a different Rotom from the current one. This isn't oh but there is nothing that suggest that the current Rotom would travel with Ash to Galar, if anything it's the opposite, in that it's pretty likely the current Rotom will travel with Ash to Galar, as there is no advantage at all to having it replaced by a different Rotom.

I mean no offence but look at your reasoning here, you haven't really actually been able to give a good solid reason or anything that would suggest that the Rotom that will be with Ash in Galar will be a different Rotom, other then that you don't trust the writers or "when have the writers really cared about such ideas?" which aren't solid arguments.

Zoruagible

Is there really a point towards having a third Rotom? Just feels pointless introducing another when Ash is already good friends with a Rotom right now, Rotom even gave up his dream to be with Ash! Rotom doesn't really have any connection with any other SM characters like he does with Ash, leaving him behind would just be bizarre

Besides, I doubt his role will be much different than it is now. Just a talking Pokedex that scans stuff so Ash doesn't need to scan a Magikarp for the umpteenth time. I can see how Rotom can be annoying, but I'd say he and Bewear were necessary changes that helped make old characters fresh, I hope both get to go to Galar. Bewear's den gets blown up and she tries finding a new den... only to discover her kids have run off, leaving her to chase them to Kanto and eventually Galar, where she finds a new den in the Wild. If you thought current Bewear was broken, just wait for Gigantimax Bewear!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Replacing Rotom Dex with a different Rotom would be a supremely pointless endeavor that would raise a bunch of entirely unnecessary questions or require the show to bend over backwards to explain why they wouldn't just keep the old one. This isn't even a question of "trusting the writers to do what makes the most sense", it's literally assuming they would deliberately go out of their way to avoid what makes the most sense.
So yeah. The current Rotom should stay. Anything else would just be utterly baffling on every level.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I dislike the current Rotom Zukan, but I don't think replacing Rotom with a different Rotom will happen. I'd be on board with the idea if Rotom's replacement has a less irritating personality, but that still seems like too much work for the writers, so they probably won't do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.