1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sham

Sham Strongest monarch

We need to discuss more important things for the Pokegirl: No. Anime. Exclusive. Goal and allow them to actually battle and actually work for their strength instead of getting last minute power ups.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  2. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

Another thing I’m curious about is if Rose ends up sponsoring Ash and really is corrupt and manipulative (as the popular opinion seems to be), how long are they going to keep him in the dark about it? I could see them going two ways: the Alain/Lysandre long haul where Ash doesn’t know until a big climatic plot at the League, or more of a Lusamine arc where during the Challenge he breaks off from Rose and Oleana for whatever reason and finds more about them later. I really would prefer the former, as it allows more time to set things up and build upon a bigger, dramatic plot.

I have hope that the games could be adapted well into an anime structure. It seems to be more of a bigger, action-oriented story which the anime is known to adapt decently; compared to the (superior) more personal, emotionally-driven narratives of BW & SM- which got pretty butchered in the anime.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  3. Is never going to happen. They are too scared after what happend with Iris and only want to do girly things.

4. Sham

Sham Strongest monarch

Unpopular opinion but form what I heard Iris was only heavily disliked in the west and that has no correlation in Japan. I’m not arguing she was popular there but a popular theory that was going around that she was denied a cameo because of being unpopular... years later Serena is MIA. I doubt anything she did had any rippling effects on the next Pokegirls.

But anyway I’m hoping Leon is corrupt (first time a champion is evil) and we see how Hop has to deal with this.

5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Chairman Rose or Oleana being evil would just be plain straight boring; How many villains have been members of an corporation again? Giovanni, Cyrus, Lysandre, Faba/'Lusamine'...

Least Leon being bad is something entirely new. And interesting

6. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix justice for johto

To add to @Sham’s post, I honestly don’t believe popularity has anything to do with cameos or merchandise or really anything for that matter.

Just recently Brock and Misty both got trainer spotlights on the official website, and at the end of their articles, it said something about them being so popular we should expect to see them again in the future and being the delusional fan that I am, I’d love for that to be true..but it’s not. We went how long without seeing Misty in the show? Popularity doesn’t matter for the characters, the writers don’t care. It’s all about the advertising.

7. And to mention some people from the younger audience don't even know who Brock and Misty are. And children is their main audience, but let's be honest: most of people in their 20ies or 30ies watch pokemon

8. Sham

Sham Strongest monarch

I hope Misty keeps returning, the best second girl deserves it. She honestly deserves the favoritism.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  9. You would post this better in the unpopular opinion thread

10. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

I doubt we'll see Misty for a while. I think she only came back for the 20th anniversary stuff tbh

11. Sham

Sham Strongest monarch

I think until then she’ll still linger in the show. She’s either getting cameos AG,BW and SM or mentions DP and BW.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  12. PorcelainVulpix

1000% agree. I’m always here for any Dawn, Misty or Brock pandering.

Sham likes this.
  13. And that is the problem. Don't get me wrong everyone has a favorite character. But if you keeping these characters above everyone new, you stay in the past and you don't give the new characters a chance

14. PorcelainVulpix

I’m confused, do you mean me specifically or the writers? Personally, I always try giving the new characters a chance and it’s no secret I enjoy a lot of the SM cast - particularly Kiawe and Lana.

As for the writers, like I said before, I really think it’s all about the advertising for them. In Misty and Brock’s defense, they have had a lot going on recently to justify their cameos - 20th anniversary, Let’s Go games and now Masters (which I don’t think they’ll receive a cameo for.)

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  15. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

If Ash wins Alola league, I bet there will be people online who'd say: "Ash won the league, replace him".
    While fact is Ash will forever be here until anime stops out of financial reasons, which will never happen because Pokemon is the best selling franchise ever.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  16. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

I kinda hope that even if SwSh has an artstyle similar to SM, it goes back to XY's color pallete, SM's feels a bit washed out from time to time, compared to XY's VERY vibrant colors

17. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

The reactions will be funny if he wins the league, stays as the main character for the next series and then loses the Galar League (which will most likely happen since I can't see Ash winning 2 leagues in a row)

Blaze Master X, Sham, CMButch and 2 others like this.
  18. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

I will definitely happen.
    Ash won Orange league in 1999.
    Ash won BF in 2006
    Ash will likely win this league in 2019( I have a feeling he will win).
    Ash will win something again in like 2033 xD.

But Ash is still good; he won around 20 or something tournaments( like racing, Pokeathlon, Ringer etc) including some movie tournaments.

19. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

But what about... Team Battles? Kind of like a sports anime where the main cast form a group to take on various challenges? The raids in the games do revolve about a group of people taking on giant pokémon. Ash can be the leader.

20. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Thing is, I want him to leave as well and be replaced by someone new, but if he's going to leave, or take up a mentor role akin to brock if they really don't want him to leave, it needs to be on a higher note than what Alola has done.

Personally I hope that the higher ups in Galar don't consider the Alola league credible, therefore Ash can't use it as a "mantle" to stand on when he goes there.

This is assuming he wins of course.

I'll say one thing, there's the saying "you don't miss something until it's gone." Sun and Moon made me feel that way about the anime's format, boring as it may be to many, i'd take that over Sun and Moon's format any day.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.