1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

However, except that the TF arc was after the league was over, rather than during it.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  2. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Around this point in 2016, we had reached the Team Flare arc and the league was done.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Under the EPIC Alolan Sunset

Here we goo
    Let's see what the next three years have for us!

4. RileyXY1

However, you're going to have to wait a few more weeks because the league isn't over yet.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  5. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

You know Best Wishes was announced during the Sinnoh League right?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  6. RileyXY1

That was almost a decade ago, and things are different now. Announcing the new saga during the league will take the hype away from the league. This is why XY and SM weren't announced until after the previous saga's league was over.

7. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

It really wouldn’t. It’s not like this League is well-liked or hyped up enough that the SwSh announcement would steal focus from it; if anything it’d make people more interested to see how SM ends.

Spider-Phoenix, Shadao, Sham and 2 others like this.
  8. RileyXY1

I think that we'll just get a preview of what's left of SM, with the Galar anime being announced after SM138 or SM139.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  9. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

No I think it was because the Unova League ended 5 months before XY was announced. Maybe that was the case for the Kalos League but I doubt it. To each their own though.

If the announcement was going to be what’s left of SM, I don’t know why they wouldn’t just drop an upcoming episodes preview like usual.

mysticalglacia and KenzeyEevee like this.
  10. If Ash would retire, what I doubt, I wonder how they would handle it

11. RileyXY1

They would just introduce a new protagonist, and I think that they will do this is Ash ever won the league.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  12. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

So on September 1st we'll get the first trailer/teaser for SWSH anime!? HYPE!

I thought we were going to wait a bit more, as far as I recall Sun&Moon anime was announced in mid September 2016.

I'm nervous as well because of that one tweet from an anime producer I think? He said we have to get used to new changes or something like that.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  13. RileyXY1

However, I don't think that they are, because that would mean that the league will end in SM137, which I don't think that they would do unless Guzma beats both Ash and Gladion in that episode, winning the whole thing in the process.

14. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

I think we'll get an announcement about the next series and maybe a poster.
    What if the next series has an art style similar to Crayon Shin-chan? xD
    Ash would wake up from his never-ending dream with the anime ending as he starts his real journey while walking off into the sunset

15. I don't hope he will still be a protagonist after 40 years lol

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  16. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

Anime summaries and previews are almost always over-exaggerated to hype things up, so this “major world exclusive announcement” will most likely just be a first look at the SwSh poster and maybe a little teaser trailer (I think the first genuine trailer will be on or after the 9/15 episode, as that’ll probably be the League finale & the SM trailer aired that day as well in 2016). Gloria & Allister ftw

That was a mistranslation. He was comforting an SM fan sad about the show ending, and told them to look forward to SwSh even if it took time to adjust to it.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  17. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

As if they would waste an announcement for that shabby amount of SM episodes left.

It's Swosh-y time incoming.

Emelie likes this.
  18. RileyXY1

Mostly because the league isn't over yet, and I don't think that they would have Guzma beat both Ash and Gladion in SM137, which is the only scenario that I can see the league ending in that episode.

19. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

But the fact that it's happened before means that it can happen again.

20. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Under the EPIC Alolan Sunset

Well if it's going to take some time to adjust to it it still means there are going to be some interesting changes, maybe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.