1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

I always assumed you had to be ten to take the gym challenge. But you could use Pokémon and take part in other tournaments younger then that

2. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

She didn't receive any cameo in DP and BW just mention doesn't mean she appeared in flesh, besides the only reason she appeared in SM was 20th anniversary and LGPE remakes, there is no reason for her to return its the samw with brock, i say may deserve more love not only was better girl but also was last seen 11 years ago.
    Dawn has most realistic chance of coming if DP remakes are the thing.

3. Sham

Sham You can still do the right thing

I said she was mentioned only in DP. And regardless flashback or not she appeared in BW.
    Na, the anime specifically states Max and Bonnie are not old enough to train Pokémon hence why he couldn’t have Ralts and why Clemont had to catch Bonnie’s Pokémon.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. ash&charizardfan

But was the flashback about her or brock, pretty sure the flashback was about charizard and both of them just happened to be around. S duo has no reason to come back in galar unless they are planning to make another gen 1 remakes.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

I agree that young children in the cast don't really contribute enough to justify their position in the cast, so I wouldn't want another Masato or Eureka in Galar taking up screen-time that should go to the main female traveling companion or the main male traveling companion, instead.

6. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Swishy swoosh announcement incoming lads

7. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

However, I don't think we are getting that unless the league ends in SM137, which I highly doubt.

8. ash&charizardfan

Well SM was announced when TF arc in XY was still going on (that was the main finale there) so i dont think announcement in between the league will have that effect.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  9. RileyXY1

However, except that the TF arc was after the league was over, rather than during it.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Around this point in 2016, we had reached the Team Flare arc and the league was done.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  11. Bortgreen

Bortgreen SM is adorable... Until November

Here we goo
    Let's see what the next three years have for us!

12. RileyXY1

However, you're going to have to wait a few more weeks because the league isn't over yet.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  13. nuzamaki90

You know Best Wishes was announced during the Sinnoh League right?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  14. RileyXY1

That was almost a decade ago, and things are different now. Announcing the new saga during the league will take the hype away from the league. This is why XY and SM weren't announced until after the previous saga's league was over.

15. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

It really wouldn’t. It’s not like this League is well-liked or hyped up enough that the SwSh announcement would steal focus from it; if anything it’d make people more interested to see how SM ends.

Spider-Phoenix, Shadao, Sham and 2 others like this.
  16. RileyXY1

I think that we'll just get a preview of what's left of SM, with the Galar anime being announced after SM138 or SM139.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  17. nuzamaki90

No I think it was because the Unova League ended 5 months before XY was announced. Maybe that was the case for the Kalos League but I doubt it. To each their own though.

If the announcement was going to be what’s left of SM, I don’t know why they wouldn’t just drop an upcoming episodes preview like usual.

mysticalglacia and KenzeyEevee like this.
  18. If Ash would retire, what I doubt, I wonder how they would handle it

19. RileyXY1

They would just introduce a new protagonist, and I think that they will do this is Ash ever won the league.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  20. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

So on September 1st we'll get the first trailer/teaser for SWSH anime!? HYPE!

I thought we were going to wait a bit more, as far as I recall Sun&Moon anime was announced in mid September 2016.

I'm nervous as well because of that one tweet from an anime producer I think? He said we have to get used to new changes or something like that.

KenzeyEevee likes this.