• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I would prefer unique companions to companions who are like previous ones. This is why I want Allister to be a companion.
In the games yes. But it wouldn't be the first time they vastly changed a character to make them part of the Main cast.

Just look at the sun & moon cast. Changed from trial captains to school students. Or iris changed from gym leader to regular trainer
They can't do that to Hop without completely destroying his character. His whole character is focused on beating the Gyms and winning the Champion's Cup in order to escape his brother's shadow.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
He has that friendly helper look and feel to him. If the series returns to going on an adventure, I can see Milo being the brock for the group
I hope he doesnt join the cast. He looks creepy

DSDark

Breeder
I would prefer unique companions to companions who are like previous ones. This is why I want Allister to be a companion.

They can't do that to Hop without completely destroying his character. His whole character is focused on beating the Gyms and winning the Champion's Cup in order to escape his brother's shadow.

from allister game description there's zero chance of him being a companion

Revolver Furious Dragon

Which they could easily change to becoming good at something all his own instead of trying to become champion like his brother. Fundamentally it's the same, he's trying to prove he's more then just leons younger brother.

nuzamaki90

I don’t. In fact I don’t think we are getting a Gym Leader as a companion at all this time. It doesn’t make sense in Galar’s context. The Gym Leaders are figures in their respective cities, who are sponsored by these big companies from all over the region, and battle on live tv for people of the region to watch. It’s not like previous gyms before.

I’m still hoping for this being the season where Ash travels by himself, but if anything Gloria or Marnie are looking to be the ones who travel with Ash. Sonia could too since she’s going to be traveling the region doing Dynamax research anyway. In terms of a male companion, I just don’t see who it could be honestly.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I don’t. In fact I don’t think we are getting a Gym Leader as a companion at all this time. It doesn’t make sense in Galar’s context. The Gym Leaders are figures in their respective cities, who are sponsored by these big companies from all over the region, and battle on live tv for people of the region to watch. It’s not like previous gyms before.

I’m still hoping for this being the season where Ash travels by himself, but if anything Gloria or Marnie are looking to be the ones who travel with Ash. Sonia could too since she’s going to be traveling the region doing Dynamax research anyway. In terms of a male companion, I just don’t see who it could be honestly.

That makes a ton of sense. Gym Leaders in Galar can’t just screw around and do whatever; they’re actually important public figures that have their role to perform. The only male Gym Leader I see in contention because of that is Allister, who being a version exclusive Leader doesn’t have to be the GL Ash fights. Since he looks...younger?? I guess compared to Bea, I could see them writing him as a former GL who stepped down and left the Gym to Bea, or maybe even have a mentor-student relationship between the two.

Revolver Furious Dragon

A gym leader companion could still work. They could spin it as there akingta break to travel and hone his/her skills, leaving someone else in charge. It would make sense in the context of galar as they could hype up there eventual return as a big event to draw In the crowds.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Allister and Bea should be sister and brother, both the childs of the previous gym leader and karate master. Then they could write a plot about Allister not wanting to become a fighting type master his dad wishes for both of his childs and instead runs into a Duskull (picking that Pokemon because of it's mask), befriends with it and instead wanting to become a Ghost type expert. There's a lot you can do with that kind of setup for his character development.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DSDark said:
from allister game description there's zero chance of him being a companion

I don't know much about his in-game persona since I haven't kept up with the game info recently, but just his design makes him seem unfitting to be a traveling companion. Maybe if this saga was inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas his design could work, but I'm not feeling it right now.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A gym leader companion could still work. They could spin it as there akingta break to travel and hone his/her skills, leaving someone else in charge. It would make sense in the context of galar as they could hype up there eventual return as a big event to draw In the crowds.
It's been shown multiple times throughout the series that Gym Leaders can leave their gyms to someone else, so we could still see a Gym Leader companion.

nuzamaki90

That makes a ton of sense. Gym Leaders in Galar can’t just screw around and do whatever; they’re actually important public figures that have their role to perform. The only male Gym Leader I see in contention because of that is Allister, who being a version exclusive Leader doesn’t have to be the GL Ash fights. Since he looks...younger?? I guess compared to Bea, I could see them writing him as a former GL who stepped down and left the Gym to Bea, or maybe even have a mentor-student relationship between the two.
Right, Allister could be the male companion but the only problem I would have is him not being another Clemont. A Gym Leader who gave up their position because they lacked the confidence and wanted to do something else. Allister’s profile just screams social issues.

I want them to shake the table and make Victor the male companion.
But then who would Ash steal an outfit from?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash can get an original outfit just like he got on AG.

It'd be interesting if the anime could run a campaign where players of SwSh could get Ash's outfit as downloadable content.

It's possible considering Amazon has a special back-up for players who pre-order the games with them.

I want them to shake the table and make Victor the male companion.

And you aren't alone there

johno1995

Ash, Victor and Bea would be my ideal traveling team.

I think it’d be neat to have Ash gain a sponsor for the Galar League, and somehow be paired against his will with Victor—perhaps he’s a new kid who has connections, isn’t a great trainer and needs some guidance. Ash could act as a mentor to Victor, who decides early on to abandon the Galar League challenge, and instead take on PokeJobs. Victor would totally rock a hyperactive Yamper.

Bea would be their personal trainer/motivator. She would be stoic at first but has a nasty temper and that can get her into a lot of trouble. She could design training regimens for the boys and their Pokémon before they take on gyms. She could be a disgraced League competitor, or maybe she lost her Gym Leader position to Allister, which could bring about a rivalry and have some conflict with the League and connect her to characters like Bede and Rose. She would feature a PokeSports side goal, acting like SM’s sports fillers but with more focused goal and rivals for her. I could see her with Scorbunny and Hitmontop.

As long as each companion has a focused goal and a storyline, that’d be great. Having three trainers with three goals would eliminate the need for a lot of “filler”, having each characters goals progress throughout the season. Making the female companion a more experienced trainer would be a nice change of pace too, as we normally see the female as the rookie.

Then again, after SM throwing the “status quo” out the window, I really am not sure what to expect for the new series.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Victor is a customizable character so maybe the writers can just do with what they did with Serena and change his main outfit.
I was gonna say Ash isn't allowed to change clothes but he has multiple outfits in SM for when he's not in school.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Heard about the supposedly major announcement next week for the SM anime. So, what Gen 8 Pokemon is it going to be lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.