• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
That grookey looks like the fusion of chespin and chimchar if you carefully watch the color and design.

Given that gyms are back I’m expecting them to go back to the traveling formula form the previous series.

Also since this is based on the England, well it have any connections to kalo which is based on France?

Could be france and england are just cross channel neighours. I wonder we would be seeing mock up of buckinggham palace and big ben since these are england's two iconic buildings, also will this region have a royal family since england have there own royal family.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Have the female game protagonist with a unique personality. Make her a battler too like in the games. Were so tired of female game protagonists doing contests and cute performances. May, Dawn and Serena had the same goal TBH.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Have the female game protagonist with a unique personality. Make her a battler too like in the games. Were so tired of female game protagonists doing contests and cute performances. May, Dawn and Serena had the same goal TBH.
Agreed. I highly doubt itll happen though sadly. :(

JD

Scorbunny will probably be comic relief. I think Ash could end up getting Sobble and Scorbunny though. Grookey will probably end up going to the female MC.

dman_dustin

The starters are great, but they are such a weird equal taste to me, that:

1. I can't tell which one would qualify as the "Female Pokemon" for a girl companion (but I'll get to that in the moment).
2. None of them strike me as super marketable, let's just at least leave one Pokemon unevolved, it kind of looks like they have a reason to potentially fully evolve these starters (though I agree it will depend entirely on the evolutions).

Now as for Ash we have multiple possibilities:

1. He gets all three. I'm really hoping that there is some kind of super adorable secondary like Pokemon that can act as a starter for any companion Ash has, one of the grass/fire/water Pokemon possibly or maybe something else.

2. He only get one. I feel like Ash only getting one, would be an absolute waste, because how do you choose just "one" to go to Ash. They all have their appeal, and I don't trust Game Freak (since 6th generation) to burst with lots of options here for Ash to use, probably why Ash got Two in Sun and Moon, to make up for not having a grass type at all, and Talonflame for a fire type (though that was definitely convenient for them, since Fennekin went to Serena)

3. He gets two. This I feel is the most likely, but I can't help but think it'll be a repeat. And that's because of the three I think Sobble is the least likely to go to Ash, as I said they are all neutral when it comes to appearances but Sobble seems like it would fit really well with a hypothetical female companion. Only because it has that extra added "shy cuteness" factor to it. So a repeat of 4th and 7th generation?

Because Scorbunny I feel fits Ash perfectly, it likes to run and is full of energy, I cannot imagine them completely ignoring the characteristics of Scorbunny when deciding which to give to Ash or not.

Grookey, is similar to Chimchar so I feel like it makes sense to give it to him. Plus its characteristic of boundless curiosity.

Again I'm sure most of this depends entirely on the evolutions, but I don't know, if they just stick him with one, it probably would have to be Scorbunny (because 3rd gen had Treecko and 6th gen had Froakie), but two, I expect Scorbunny and Grookey.

I can only imagine Ash with Sobble if he gets all three starters.

World Turtle

I guess we'll see if this pattern holds.

AG: 1 Starters
DP: 2 Starters
BW: 3 Starters
XY: 1 Starters
SM: 2 Starters
SS: 3 Starters?

Another thing to note is that like Unova which is based on New York the Galar region is based on England. Both are considered 'western counterparts' to Tokyo (East vs. West). So they might pull another OS 2.0 on us, but if they do that I'd prefer the rest of the team to be different types.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Scorbunny is 100% going to be the non-evolving merch mon. Its design reminds me a bit of Chespin, and come on, it's a cute fiery rabbit, there's no way a cute fiery rabbit wasn't going to be a merch mon.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
So gyms are returning, i guess probably trials test in SM was not as succesfull, still was interesting at first. And please pokegirl have an active goal like may, dawn and serena or she will be in background.
Trials fit better in Alola which is more ritual themed, unlike the Gen 8 region which looks like it's based of the UK and had more urban lifestyle in which gyms would fit better on it. Either way, I want the girl to be more active in her own battles/activities and less about her relationship with Ash.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The setting makes me wonder if we are going to get serious Ash again
Idk I feel SM-like Ash doesn't fit with that region

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I'd rather have AG or OS Ash again instead of the constant flipping around of serious Ash-comedic Ash that's been around since DP
Even before DP, Johto Ash was somewhat more serious than Kanto Ash
The only exception is AG not being (that) comedic

nickdt

The starters are great, but they are such a weird equal taste to me, that:

1. I can't tell which one would qualify as the "Female Pokemon" for a girl companion (but I'll get to that in the moment).
2. None of them strike me as super marketable, let's just at least leave one Pokemon unevolved, it kind of looks like they have a reason to potentially fully evolve these starters (though I agree it will depend entirely on the evolutions).

Now as for Ash we have multiple possibilities:

1. He gets all three. I'm really hoping that there is some kind of super adorable secondary like Pokemon that can act as a starter for any companion Ash has, one of the grass/fire/water Pokemon possibly or maybe something else.

2. He only get one. I feel like Ash only getting one, would be an absolute waste, because how do you choose just "one" to go to Ash. They all have their appeal, and I don't trust Game Freak (since 6th generation) to burst with lots of options here for Ash to use, probably why Ash got Two in Sun and Moon, to make up for not having a grass type at all, and Talonflame for a fire type (though that was definitely convenient for them, since Fennekin went to Serena)

3. He gets two. This I feel is the most likely, but I can't help but think it'll be a repeat. And that's because of the three I think Sobble is the least likely to go to Ash, as I said they are all neutral when it comes to appearances but Sobble seems like it would fit really well with a hypothetical female companion. Only because it has that extra added "shy cuteness" factor to it. So a repeat of 4th and 7th generation?

Because Scorbunny I feel fits Ash perfectly, it likes to run and is full of energy, I cannot imagine them completely ignoring the characteristics of Scorbunny when deciding which to give to Ash or not.

Grookey, is similar to Chimchar so I feel like it makes sense to give it to him. Plus its characteristic of boundless curiosity.

Again I'm sure most of this depends entirely on the evolutions, but I don't know, if they just stick him with one, it probably would have to be Scorbunny (because 3rd gen had Treecko and 6th gen had Froakie), but two, I expect Scorbunny and Grookey.

I can only imagine Ash with Sobble if he gets all three starters.

If your argument is that SUMO made up for Kalos not having a Grass type, then Ash is deffo gonna have Sobble to make up for him not having a Water type in Alola. This argument works both ways :).

Also: Ash ususally doesn't get the cutest starter if he doesn't get all three (Torchic went to May, Piplup went to Dawn, Chespin to Clemont and Popplio to Lana), so that potentially rules out Scorbunny for him, since that one looks the cutest.

If he gets all three, i can see Scorbunny being the one that stays unevolved.

johno1995

The setting makes me wonder if we are going to get serious Ash again
Idk I feel SM-like Ash doesn't fit with that region

I hope not. Ash works better as a goofball. He's more entertaining, and I think the SM formula works. Goofy doesn't mean incompetent, as SM Ash has proven.

Red and Blue

Scorbunny is 100% going to be the non-evolving merch mon. Its design reminds me a bit of Chespin, and come on, it's a cute fiery rabbit, there's no way a cute fiery rabbit wasn't going to be a merch mon.
Not unless they give Scorsbunny a cool, marketable evolution. Which I have a feeling will be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.