• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Starlight

Will Marina/Kris was in the anime only on Pokemon Chronicles . Which also don't forget about Jimmy/Gold (also another Ethan) was in Pokemon Chronicles too. Which I would like to see male player characters being brought in the anime series Brendan, Lucas,Hilbert and Calem .

D

Deleted member 384931

Three weeks to go! Did you thoughts changed since the announcement?

To actually answer the question of the thread, I would say big time. Pokémon needs something fresh, something to hype it up again.

XYZ and DP worked both very good.
The chemistry in DP was one of its highlights.
Both are very good in story-telling.
The battles focus on a specific Pokémon.

But I also think people or fans have to forget bad decisions made in the past to have a clear and fresh view on the new series. No more Ash lost because of some crappy decisions. No more BW was made because.... Just forget all of it.

Featuring pokemon from different regions is cool, if it's done good. Same with characters.

A balance between normal humor and action is required. I think they can do it.
On the other hand, humor is subjective, so not everyone will like the jokes.

Ash stopping with traveling is an odd concept. If they decide to do it now, they can't stop it and will it impact the Gen 9 animation series.

Maybe we need to find the child in us and stop being an adult when we watch pokemon, I think we take it too seriously sometimes.

Let "POCKET MONSTERS" be an anime without blaming writers, shipping wars, the humor (ignore it if you don't like it). If you are going to judge it, do it when it ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Three weeks to go! Did you thoughts changed since the announcement?
They got more confused if that counts. If the 29th is just like SM is ending but a new pokemon series will take place. Join us October 10th for the world reveal. I will punch my lapto.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If Satoshi stays as the main character in Galar, I fully expect him to challenge the Gyms there. I just can't see him turning a blind eye to such a challenge, and I fully expect Rose to be the one who will sponsor him when he gets to Galar.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If Satoshi stays as the main character in Galar, I fully expect him to challenge the Gyms there. I just can't see him turning a blind eye to such a challenge, and I fully expect Rose to be the one who will sponsor him when he gets to Galar.
However, the only problem is that Rose endorses a major rival (Bede). I think that Ash will instead be sponsored by Leon because he sponsors the player in the games.

Revolver Furious Dragon

However, the only problem is that Rose endorses a major rival (Bede). I think that Ash will instead be sponsored by Leon because he sponsors the player in the games.
maybe leon is watching the alola League.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I just want there to be something prompting/setting up Ash to do Gyms in Galar. A cameo of Leon (who as a Champion himself, would be interested in watching the birth of the first Alola Champion) or Rose (someone who’d look for new potential talent in a brand new League) watching- either in-person or on TV- would be effective enough.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but have we have had a lost Pokémon plot? I’d love for a character to find a lost Pokémon that belongs to a trainer. Maybe an arc where they attempt to return it back to the original trainer? Or grow close with the Pokémon and struggle with the feeling of having to return it? I know the first plot was done briefly with Dawn and Ash but I want a more in depth version.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Considering were using the AU movie logos weird to think Alola will even matter. Chances are it will follow a new canon separate from the one up till now which does give me an idea of it follow Ash around Galar but instead of fillers we get episodes focusing on others in other regions in between Ash doing Galar stuff only for it all to overlap and they all have one big league together. The only time the league was really plot focused was in DP and seeing a bunch of people we follow and not just Ash (or Paul in DP's case) would be nice

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Considering were using the AU movie logos weird to think Alola will even matter. Chances are it will follow a new canon separate from the one up till now which does give me an idea of it follow Ash around Galar but instead of fillers we get episodes focusing on others in other regions in between Ash doing Galar stuff only for it all to overlap and they all have one big league together. The only time the league was really plot focused was in DP and seeing a bunch of people we follow and not just Ash (or Paul in DP's case) would be nice
I wouldn't mind something like this. Too bad we have to wait 3 weeks to find out what's going on lol

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just want there to be something prompting/setting up Ash to do Gyms in Galar. A cameo of Leon (who as a Champion himself, would be interested in watching the birth of the first Alola Champion) or Rose (someone who’d look for new potential talent in a brand new League) watching- either in-person or on TV- would be effective enough.

I would like some setup as well.
Though I'll honestly take whatever we can get, so long as it's not saved for SWSH 1 like how Ash arrived in Unova and Alola.
Maybe even something like a throwback to the first episode, Ash is in bed watching a Pokemon League battle between Leon and some random other Champion like Lance or Cynthia, or even a Galar E4 member, he sees Charizard go Gigantimax(Cause Leon stupidly doesn't have a GALAR Pokemon as his ace -_-) and gets inspired to go to Galar, shouting excitedly alongside Pikachu before Delia and Mr. Mime angrily open the door and tell him to sleep

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
What if they bring in characters from previous generations, who are sponsored from different people to make some profit for them. They could bring Cheren or introduce Hilda or Rose from gen 5, lucas or barry from gen 4, wally or brendan from gen 3, Leaf from gen 1, etc etc.

That would make sense of that multiple gen pokes mentioned before. I don‘t understand why they don’t use more characters from the gams more prominently. Hoping for more cameos along the way

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Well, going just by the "translate" button, it says that all regions will appear and many Pokemon will show up.
This is correct. Nothing we haven't already been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.