• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
So that’s what you’re going with? Insults? Isn’t that kind of ironic considering it’s always the XY stans who get accused of being derogatory toward people who don’t consider XY to be the best series? I would chill with the personal attacks maybe.

This is a forum meant for debate. I saw a statement that I considered to be invalid and backed up my argument with context from the show. You on the other hand decided to attack me instead of addressing what I actually had issue with in your post.

I did not ‘attack’ you. I did point out what I take issue with: you consistently arguing against people’s criticisms of XY in a condescending, arrogant manner. Whenever someone dislikes or points a personal flaw they see in the saga’s writing, you always respond to argue back- which would be fine if it was polite, this is a forum for discussion- in an accusatory fashion: case in point, “you’re being objectively false even ignoring the seeds of the arc before Wulfric.” If I didn’t think the seeds of the arc were written well, that’s a me problem, is it not? No need to waste time on calling my entire opinion false, which is quite a rude thing to do, especially from someone who doesn’t like being insulted.

I’m not escalating this argument, so I won’t be responding further. I hope I didn’t offend you, but this is a forum for discussion, where I can voice my opinion just as freely as you can.

I did not ‘attack’ you. I did point out what I take issue with: you consistently arguing against people’s criticisms of XY in a condescending, arrogant manner. Whenever someone dislikes or points a personal flaw they see in the saga’s writing, you always respond to argue back- which would be fine if it was polite, this is a forum for discussion- in an accusatory fashion: case in point, “you’re being objectively false even ignoring the seeds of the arc before Wulfric.” If I didn’t think the seeds of the arc were written well, that’s a me problem, is it not? No need to waste time on calling my entire opinion false, which is quite a rude thing to do, especially from someone who doesn’t like being insulted.

I’m not escalating this argument, so I won’t be responding further. I hope I didn’t offend you, but this is a forum for discussion, where I can voice my opinion just as freely as you can.

No, you said I had a superiority complex and I was white-knighting. This is different from calling my arguments into question or saying for example my argument is incorrect/wrong/incoherent, basically whatever adjective you see fit in describing my argument. In this instance, you’re pretty much directly insulting me. There’s a clear distinction here. I personally advocate for a forum free of personal attacks or direct insults which is what I try to do.

What you consider to be condescending and arrogant, I consider to be blunt and matter of fact. Tone doesn’t = to me directly insulting you. Do you think I insulted you in the manner that you did to me?

This is what you said, “ it came and went in a span of 24 minutes, “ which is objectively false when the set up(solely using the Wulfric arc and ignoring everything before that) was one episode, the climax was another, and the pay off was the third. If you disagree with me saying that your statement was objectively false, we can have a discussion where you give your arguments as to why you believe the way you do and the conversation does from there.

I agree that this is a forum for discussion and you can voice your opinion as freely as you want, but the post in which you replied to me isn’t an example of discussion, it’s an example of use of personal insults

Do what you want, I’m just letting what I think in this post, I would hope you would reply in a PM maybe, but it seems like you don’t want to continue

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that Morpeko will outright not be in the main cast because it's Marnie's ace and I find her unlikely to be a companion.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I dislike the idea of Ash winning his first league with the Alola league but otherwise that could mean that Ash could qualify himself for the champions league in Galar and Gloria or whoever will be the companion in Galar could instead do the gyms if there's no other active goal possible.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So this means this is not a "reboot", since they confirmed that it's continuation of Gen 1-Gen 7 travels?

That's not a confirmation. The seventh work only means it's the seventh series of the Pokemon franchise. We don't know if it's connected with the six previous ones or if it's playing independendly in it's own universe.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I dislike the idea of Ash winning his first league with the Alola league but otherwise that could mean that Ash could qualify himself for the champions league in Galar and Gloria or whoever will be the companion in Galar could instead do the gyms if there's no other active goal possible.
The Champions League is actually the Elite 4 and Champion battle. Ash will actually need to compete in the gyms and win the League Conference in Galar in order to compete in the Champions League there.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The Champions League is actually the Elite 4 and Champion battle. Ash will actually need to compete in the gyms and win the League Conference in Galar in order to compete in the Champions League there.
To be fair we have no idea how Galar will do things since I swear I heard the game has something besides the gyms and E4. Not sure if they touched it yet or if it was an error on the website but I remember reading something about a masters league or something so that might come into play or it might not. It could just be how the anime has a league before the E4 and the game i s just doing that for once

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
To be fair we have no idea how Galar will do things since I swear I heard the game has something besides the gyms and E4. Not sure if they touched it yet or if it was an error on the website but I remember reading something about a masters league or something so that might come into play or it might not. It could just be how the anime has a league before the E4 and the game i s just doing that for once
But, that will still most likely require that Ash does the gyms.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
https://twitter.com/ashandserena/status/1171266284262002688?s=21

The Pokémon Calendar doesn’t specifically seem tailored to any generation. There’s Piplup, so that must obviously mean Dawn is coming back /s. I wouldn’t use it as solid proof for anything, seeing as it’s mostly just marketable Pokemon slapped onto calendar pages.
I agree, and I don't necessarily think that the calendar is proof of any old companions returning. I think that all these Pokemon are thrown on there because they're marketable.

Sham

The Guardian of War
If there is something to do post game, then great at least they have something to fall back on to prevent filler overloads like DP and BW to delay games.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If there is something to do post game, then great at least they have something to fall back on to prevent filler overloads like DP and BW to delay games.
BW's problem was that they rushed through all the game content.

Sham

The Guardian of War
BW's problem was that they rushed through all the game content.
The same could be said about Hoenn and Sinnoh. Why do you think Hoenn included the BF arc and Sinnoh contained so much filler. They were attempting to delay for the new games. Clearly the writers do have THAT much knowledge on the games release.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The same could be said about Hoenn and Sinnoh. Why do you think Hoenn included the BF arc and Sinnoh contained so much filler. They were attempting to delay for the new games. Clearly the writers do have THAT much knowledge on the games release.
In the case of Hoenn, DP actually did get a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.