1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

1. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

I REALLY hope you are right=]
    But who said the writers want Ash to visit the regions AGAIN? Maybe they want him his AU to visit it for the first time?
    (Again I hope you are right cuz I dont want AU Ash)

2. Bortgreen

Bortgreen SM is adorable... Until November

Well, we already saw he first visiting every region. But he only returned to Kanto so far

Kazuniya and KenzeyEevee like this.
  3. Let's assume there are 4 years for this anime. 4x12=48:8 regions=6 months per region. Would that give enough screentime?

4. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

That’d be about 24 episodes per region; even if we’re getting a substantial amount of episodes dedicated to past regions, I still don’t think they’d give Galar so little focus. People hoping for anything other than maybe little mini-arcs are setting themselves up for disappointment imo, the anime’s foremost priority is promoting SwSh. The extra regions are more than likely just a bonus.

5. If course, I was just suggesting something. But how can they give each region (except Galar) equal screentime?

mysticalglacia likes this.
  6. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

I just want this all regions thing to replace fillers and focus on past characters and not Ash. Kind of like Chronicles except they're not special episodes.

7. God that is confusing xD

Kawaii Emolga and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  8. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

The other regions being only a bonus is what they just what they should be at the first place. Stealing more episodes from Galar despite them having already at least two or more years of episodes would be awful and unfair to those people who **** about old and done regions appearing again.

mysticalglacia and RileyXY1 like this.
  9. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

I don't know why people are fearing if this is AU Ash. They could've easily put some AU elements in main timeline anyway. In ICY it is shown that past companions exist, which means his old Pokemon exist( everything he caught when he was traveling in mains series). In PoU IIRC, it wasn't shown that Ash is travelling around the region but arriving in a city and probably most of plot is happening in that city. So, this could all be tied in regular anime with some changes:
    1.Misty and Brock didn't travel with Ash in Kanto as shown in PCY but there were acknowledged in credits. Logically; they'd be travelling with him in Johto then( Brock continued until Unova), where Sorrel and Verity traveled with Ash in Kanto for some time.
    2.PoU cast didn't travel with Ash( because it was happening in one city) but Ash could acknowledge them when he was visiting that town per say between SInnoh and Unova.
    3.Despite SM cast didn't appear in ICY credits, they still appeared in anime and some of "their Pokemon" did in calendar( A-Vulpix for example, but that doesn't mean it's theirs).

Basically, even if this is AU Ash,I am pretty sure 90% did happen in main anime and only 10% of that changed( which is just Ash's travels in Kanto what would be different) which I don't mind( I don't mind Ash seeing Verity and Sorrel too for example).So, point is even if this is AU continuation, I am pretty sure 90% of what happened in main anime will continue here as continuation of 1997 anime just it'd be like altered or something.

10. volcanionmaster123

volcanionmaster123 Well-Known Member

If this is a 3 year anime, then it's almost impossible to give the older regions equal screentime to each other. Just not enough time. It would be at most little mini-arcs for the old regions. However, if it ends up being a 4-5 year anime, Galar will obviously still take center stage but it would definitely be possible for all the old regions to get more fleshed-out plots.

I don't think they'd do that many episodes per old region unless:

1. It's longer than the typical 3 year anime
    2. The old regions would showcase new characters.

Because tbh, some of Ash's old companions are not interesting enough to warrant THAT many episodes to. And on top of that, not all of them are battlers.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:36 PM
  11. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

If those regions failed to deliver in their respective series going on for 2-4 years, then a handful of episodes won't help either and some fanservice or gen pandering episode wouldn't make these better, but would make their reputation even worse for daring to steal Galar it's time to shine, mine at least.

12. volcanionmaster123

I do find it odd that they chose now out of all times to take some of a new region's spotlight (Galar in this case) and include other regions... unless there's something in the SwSh games' endgame that we don't know about yet... kinda like B2W2's PWT but more fleshed out. However, we obviously don't know the plot reasoning for this. If they can have the older regions tie into Galar's story well, then I won't personally mind if Galar's spotlight isn't as bright as what a new region would've been.

I recognize that this kind of idea is boom or bust tho, it could either go really well or REALLY bad (looking at you Arc-V), but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  13. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

Hey now, Arc-V was pretty strong for the first 3/4, so that means we'd have st least 1.5 years of good episodes. Then we'd get DA all over again.

14. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Assuming they still keep Ash now would be a good time for a timeskip. If the anime is going through a big change why not age up Ash by a few years?

15. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Not to mention there are those of us that do love Ash, but can't stand his AU counterpart. That ain't Ash.
    And Team Rocket are utterly pointless in that universe.

PorcelainVulpix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I think it's safer to assume that the saga will last three years given how long recent sagas have lasted, but even so I expect that Satoshi would only spend a few episodes in each region that's featured, so much less time than six months per region is my bet.

17. volcanionmaster123

What I meant was that execution matters. Of course Arc-V was great for the first 2-ish season’s , but that was under the assumption/promise of everything coming together well at the end. It didn’t. The potential was clearly there. Just clearly rushed due to 3 years clearly not being enough for them whether due to poor planning or tight schedule or whatever. I’m just saying that this new Pokémon anime sounds quite like Arc-V and if the writing staff doesn’t do this right... then oh boy

18. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I just hope we can see the past travel companions even if for just one episode, even Iris, Cilan, and Tracey.

19. I wonder: what can Ash do in all those regions? He did everything

janejane6178 likes this.
  20. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

That's why I dont think Ash will be in these regions. Atleast not the original Ash (unfortunately)