• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Let's assume there are 4 years for this anime. 4x12=48:8 regions=6 months per region. Would that give enough screentime?

I think it's safer to assume that the saga will last three years given how long recent sagas have lasted, but even so I expect that Satoshi would only spend a few episodes in each region that's featured, so much less time than six months per region is my bet.

volcanionmaster123

Hey now, Arc-V was pretty strong for the first 3/4, so that means we'd have st least 1.5 years of good episodes. Then we'd get DA all over again.

What I meant was that execution matters. Of course Arc-V was great for the first 2-ish season’s , but that was under the assumption/promise of everything coming together well at the end. It didn’t. The potential was clearly there. Just clearly rushed due to 3 years clearly not being enough for them whether due to poor planning or tight schedule or whatever. I’m just saying that this new Pokémon anime sounds quite like Arc-V and if the writing staff doesn’t do this right... then oh boy

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I wonder: what can Ash do in all those regions? He did everything
Not if Satoshi did kanto first and get retry into Sekiei League once again and beat it this around but first he needed get the Rocket Gangs disband by beat Sakaki then three years later.... helping the Jouto Hero beat the neo-Rocket Gangs and battle against that said hero and later show up helped young Isshu hero beat the neo-plasma gangs and is battle him/her at the Pokemon world tournament and last in his late teens-earlier 20 created battle tree with Shigeru in the Aloha region before show up helping Galar beat a baddies ?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I wonder: what can Ash do in all those regions? He did everything
Perhaps it's not Ash in the old regions. Perhaps it's his past companions, and they gather for the Galar League at the end.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
But the problem is, some of them aren't battlers and then there's those like May and Dawn who do battle but only in contests. I can't picture all of Ash's previous companions attempting to enter the Galar league.
It is a reboot than as you said that most Satoshi's Travelling Friends isn't much a battlers as Satoshi is

Leonhart

Imagineer
TheWanderingMist said:
Perhaps it's not Ash in the old regions. Perhaps it's his past companions, and they gather for the Galar League at the end.

I do prefer the idea of the Galar saga simply skipping to other regions and showing the progress of Satoshi's old traveling companions instead of having Satoshi himself go back to the other regions that he's already visited before.

D

Deleted member 384931

I do prefer the idea of the Galar saga simply skipping to other regions and showing the progress of Satoshi's old traveling companions instead of having Satoshi himself go back to the other regions that he's already visited before.
Yeah. But who knows his travel companions will appear at all.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Agreed. Maybe a visit to another region for an episode or 2 like they did with kanto in alola. But the focus of ash's journey should be galar

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
I must admit the idea of a protagonist that isn’t ash is actually quite appealing to me, don’t get me wrong I love ash however in my opinion they’ve just overused him i mean this will be his I think 23 season, and even though I don’t think they will replace him let’s say for a minute he were to not be in the gen 8 anime what protagonist would you guys wanna see I personally would like to see a completely different character we haven’t been introduced to yet, however I would love to see someone we already know like say may as well.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I highly doubt that all of Ash's past travel companions would be competing in the Galar League.

But in some pre or post league tournament maybe? What if in the new games theres a new version of the Pokémon world tournament where you can battle all past gym leaders and all former player characters. They might make that into a big tournament and bring back as many old companions as possible

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But in some pre or post league tournament maybe? What if in the new games theres a new version of the Pokémon world tournament where you can battle all past gym leaders and all former player characters. They might make that into a big tournament and bring back as many old companions as possible
It still wouldn't make sense because very few are actually interested in battles.

Revolver Furious Dragon

It still wouldn't make sense because very few are actually interested in battles.

Erm pretty much all of them enjoy a good tournament.
It depends on what the prize would be.

Or it could be post league as a way to cheer ash up if he fails. His current companion's get in touch with his old friends and invite them to the tournament

D

Deleted member 384931

The reboot or not reboot discussion is too complicated, because we don't know if it is a reboot or what it would include. We only knows 8 regions and pokemon from 8 different regions are in it. Nothing about old companions, or new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.