1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Not if Satoshi did kanto first and get retry into Sekiei League once again and beat it this around but first he needed get the Rocket Gangs disband by beat Sakaki then three years later.... helping the Jouto Hero beat the neo-Rocket Gangs and battle against that said hero and later show up helped young Isshu hero beat the neo-plasma gangs and is battle him/her at the Pokemon world tournament and last in his late teens-earlier 20 created battle tree with Shigeru in the Aloha region before show up helping Galar beat a baddies ?

2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

It's possible that Ash doesn't even go to the old regions.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

Perhaps it's not Ash in the old regions. Perhaps it's his past companions, and they gather for the Galar League at the end.

4. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

But the problem is, some of them aren't battlers and then there's those like May and Dawn who do battle but only in contests. I can't picture all of Ash's previous companions attempting to enter the Galar league.

RileyXY1, Leonhart and Sham like this.
  5. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

It is a reboot than as you said that most Satoshi's Travelling Friends isn't much a battlers as Satoshi is

6. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I do prefer the idea of the Galar saga simply skipping to other regions and showing the progress of Satoshi's old traveling companions instead of having Satoshi himself go back to the other regions that he's already visited before.

7. Yeah. But who knows his travel companions will appear at all.

Redstar45 likes this.
  8. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Agreed. Maybe a visit to another region for an episode or 2 like they did with kanto in alola. But the focus of ash's journey should be galar

9. Eternalfalcon

Eternalfalcon MasterTrainer

I must admit the idea of a protagonist that isn’t ash is actually quite appealing to me, don’t get me wrong I love ash however in my opinion they’ve just overused him i mean this will be his I think 23 season, and even though I don’t think they will replace him let’s say for a minute he were to not be in the gen 8 anime what protagonist would you guys wanna see I personally would like to see a completely different character we haven’t been introduced to yet, however I would love to see someone we already know like say may as well.

10. RileyXY1

I highly doubt that all of Ash's past travel companions would be competing in the Galar League.

11. Revolver Furious Dragon

But in some pre or post league tournament maybe? What if in the new games theres a new version of the Pokémon world tournament where you can battle all past gym leaders and all former player characters. They might make that into a big tournament and bring back as many old companions as possible

Redstar45 likes this.
  12. RileyXY1

It still wouldn't make sense because very few are actually interested in battles.

13. Revolver Furious Dragon

Erm pretty much all of them enjoy a good tournament.
    It depends on what the prize would be.

Or it could be post league as a way to cheer ash up if he fails. His current companion's get in touch with his old friends and invite them to the tournament

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  14. The reboot or not reboot discussion is too complicated, because we don't know if it is a reboot or what it would include. We only knows 8 regions and pokemon from 8 different regions are in it. Nothing about old companions, or new ones.

15. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Redstar45 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

I'm gonna have to see an actual preview to know how this thing will even work and come close to being good. Doing 8 regions at the same time sounds like a real cluster**** of priorities and you just know a specific region is gonna get neglected at any given time.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 4:53 PM
  17. How do you think this anime will work?

18. Revolver Furious Dragon

It will work just like any other series with Gyms. Ash will travel galar building his team and defeating gyms so he can enter the galar league.

It's to early to have any kind of idea how anything else will be incorporated

19. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

The only way I see Ash himself visit other regions is if Galar is stationary once more. Which I suppose could actually happen

20. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I like the theory that Ash's friends are getting their arcs wrapped up. If by some crazy chance this is Ash's last region then we should just look back. It'd be weird if Ash suddenly wasn't around anymore or at least not as much but maybe a reboot would do us some good. It's probably not going to be like Yugioh where Ash just drops off the face of the Earth but rather we hear about his achievements every once in a while, the new protagonist possibly making it their goal in life to defeat him and thus become the greatest trainer in the world.

Only one way to really know though, they'll have to identify Ash's dad and redeem TR.

Trey pokes and KenzeyEevee like this.