• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Hard to discern any particular art style from that, but I like the way they’re posed. Sobble smiling is blessed.

At least with this, Galar will still most likely be the very primary focus of the show. I hope the companion, whoever they are, gets Grookey. Scorbunny and Sobble seem like very ‘Ash’ Pokemon, so he’s probably getting them.
Well, this confirms the obvious: no CGI anime
No massive art style changes either

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Maybe Galar will be Ash's last series as a main character
Yes! And when he's gone, we could sing "Nah, nah, hey, hey, goodbye!".

But seriously though, I don't mind Ash staying in the show, as long that his companions got good amount of developments throughout their series, in which it doesn't give me these impressions in XY & SM unfortunately.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Maybe Galar will be Ash's last series as a main character
You know honestly I’d be completely fine with this. The sense of scale that Galar League takes in the Galar region is the biggest we’ve ever seen. Ash is now Champion so he could possibly get sponsored by dozens of companies, traveling in a region where his battles are broadcasted all over, hell he’ll probably even have his own fan club. All the while he’s up against 3 rivals that each have clear and defined motives for why they are chasing after the League title as well. And then if he wins, he’s up against the greatest opponent he’s ever had, a League Champion who’s never been defeated.

That seems like an ideal place to end Ash’s story, or even just replace him with someone else afterwards and have him make small cameos if the anime continues going forward. Ash has won his first Pokémon League and now Galar is his final lap, sign me up.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
You know honestly I’d be completely fine with this. The sense of scale that Galar League takes in the Galar region is the biggest we’ve ever seen. Ash is now Champion so he could possibly get sponsored by dozens of companies, traveling in a region where his battles are broadcasted all over, hell he’ll probably even have his own fan club. All the while he’s up against 3 rivals that each have clear and defined motives for why they are chasing after the League title as well. And then if he wins, he’s up against the greatest opponent he’s ever had, a League Champion who’s never been defeated.

That seems like an ideal place to end Ash’s story, or even just replace him with someone else afterwards and have him make small cameos if the anime continues going forward. Ash has won his first Pokémon League and now Galar is his final lap, sign me up.
There's also the all regions thing which could be used to wrap up the past companions as well, hopefully replacing filler episodes.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

But what do the previous regions have to do with it? Alola doesnt even have gyms o.o

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But which one make the most sense?
There's all of these suggestions:
1. Ash travels in Galar, but instead of filler episodes, there will be episodes focused on characters in other regions.
2. Ash goes to school again, except this time field trips to other regions are more frequent.
3. The story actively follows eight different protagonists, one in each region.
4. The story is completely rebooted, with Ash going through the regions sequentially, starting in Kanto and ending in Galar.

nuzamaki90

But what do the previous regions have to do with it? Alola doesnt even have gyms o.o
Like Pokegirl Fan- said, it could just be episodes dedicated to past companions or even new characters to give them more focus. In all honesty I don’t think those episodes will be often, but there’ll be enough where the focus isn’t completely on Ash all the time. I’m not into the new anime being based on all regions because it takes focus from Galar but if they are handling it like we’ve described then I’ll be okay with it.

janejane6178

Like Pokegirl Fan- said, it could just be episodes dedicated to past companions or even new characters to give them more focus. In all honesty I don’t think those episodes will be often, but there’ll be enough where the focus isn’t completely on Ash all the time. I’m not into the new anime being based on all regions because it takes focus from Galar but if they are handling it like we’ve described then I’ll be okay with it.
I just have this feeling that the writers don't care about past companions and they just want the viewers to know all the gym leaders etc from all the regions for Pokemon Master. I mean, the anime is meant to promote the games.. and Swsh isn't related to previous regions, but Pokemon Master is. So maybe they want to promote Pokemon masters in this series?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I really just hope that they only make one episode per month dedicated to an older region and making this generation four years long (which I theorize will be the case) so we can still have 140 episodes of Galar + 49 for older regions.

I am only accepting something like that. An even amount for all regions would be unfair towards Galar and would cause just a whole mess.

Last edited:

janejane6178

I really just hope that they only make one episode per month dedicated to an older region and making this generation four years long (which I theorize will be the case) so we can still have 140 episodes of Galar + 49 for older regions.

I am only accepting something like that. An even amount for all regions would be unfair towards Galar and would cause jsut a whole mess.
I fully agree.. I want a series that is focused on Galar, like previous regions ( besides Alola.....)
But if they intend to do an episode once a month for each region, why wouldn't they just make a side series or special episodes? Its so weird and unclear:/
I dont trust the writers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.