• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
We're getting another news drop this Wednesday at 10 PM Japan time (or 9 AM Eastern time/6 AM Pacific time).
Source? Also, anime or games?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's for the games, and we know this because of a tweet released by the official Pokemon Twitter account.
Oh, serebii hadn't reported that yet so I wasn't sure, thanks

Leonhart

Imagineer
RileyXY1 said:
It's for the games, and we know this because of a tweet released by the official Pokemon Twitter account.

If it's just video game news, then I'm not really too eager for that since I'm only really looking forward to the first Galar saga anime trailer that we'll probably get at the end of the month. At most we might get a few new Pokemon debuts from the upcoming game news reveal, but that's still a bleak prospect to me.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Has CoroCoro released this month yet? We got news about the SM anime on September 15th, 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If we're getting all regions, eventually we'll be back to Alola.
So, maybe we are going to see how Kukui is going to evolve the league? Maybe adding gyms, trial captains, elite 4, etc
Probably just gonna add the Island Challenge as a requirement rather than building any Gyms.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I swear I am the only one who liked Max. For me he is so much better than anyone in SM minus Gladion.

So are we all like convinced this is not an AU? Since if so it is possible they people being talked about don't exist or at the very least are not the same as in the current verse. Like May could be a snob or Gary may never have become a professor

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I swear I am the only one who liked Max. For me he is so much better than anyone in SM minus Gladion.

So are we all like convinced this is not an AU? Since if so it is possible they people being talked about don't exist or at the very least are not the same as in the current verse. Like May could be a snob or Gary may never have become a professor
There is the comments from Ash's VA that suggest that this will be a continuation of SM.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yeah, it did, but it only repeated the reminder to watch SM on the 29th for more info on the next series.
I feel Coro Coro having info is dead or at least compared to the days of pre gen 6. Pokémon seems to care about using social media more which I get plus I think the world release date has changed things. I’m curious if due to this Disney plus thing if Pokémon wants to do a broadcast dub thing since Disney has the anime rights for the dub

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
So, maybe we are going to see how Kukui is going to evolve the league? Maybe adding gyms, trial captains, elite 4, etc

I do hope that if Satoshi visits Alola again during the Galar saga, that the region will finally have its own Four Heavenly Kings system set up. I doubt that Satoshi would challenge them, but I still want to see some progress on that front and see Acerola and Lychee get promoted.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Hopefully it's the longest to come back, been so long since we've had something set in Johto or Sinnoh. I'm very looking forward to seeing those regions again

And honestly, it's hard to give a damn about the potential E4. Unless they make Kiawe or Guzma the fourth in place of Molayne/Kahili, it'd be so awkward seeing three fleshed out characters(Hala/Acerola/Olivia).... and a character who only appeared twice with barely any development or focus at all. Very depressing in Molayne's case as he is Soph's freaking cousin! You'd have expected to see him more than we did...

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Max was convincing as a child character. He suffers from asynchrony - more mature in some areas than others. He's intelligent, but hasn't learned that not be arrogant about it. He can't control his emotions well. He was aggressive toward and bullied May from time to time. These are things adults generally don't do.

Now, Max showed that child characters are bad in the Pokemon anime. But to me, he was better in that role than Bonnie was, and Bonnie was good specifically because she was a bad child character.
I really liked Masato personally, from what I can tell “child” characters are always polarizing in anime for being well...children. I see similar criticisms aimed at characters like Chibiusa from Sailor Moon or Takeru from Digimon Adventures. Masato did offer good interactions and I thought it was swell to see Satoshi with a lil’ brother figure. He also gave Takeshi someone to be brainy with and bounce off of before his character went completely stall in DP. The episode with Ralts was great and it was cool to see him do kid stuff like act bratty over his dad losing and not understanding the job of a gym leader or getting pissed at Haruka for wanting Satoshi to succeed in the battle.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
And honestly, it's hard to give a damn about the potential E4. Unless they make Kiawe or Guzma the fourth in place of Molayne/Kahili, it'd be so awkward seeing three fleshed out characters(Hala/Acerola/Olivia).... and a character who only appeared twice with barely any development or focus at all. Very depressing in Molayne's case as he is Soph's freaking cousin! You'd have expected to see him more than we did...

Molayne and Kahili got done so damn dirty. The latter is whatever; I like her but she wasn’t a big part of the games anyway. But Molayne has done basically nothing aside from the MR stuff, and it’s weird they didn’t introduce him earlier. He deserved at least a slightly bigger focus

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I really liked Masato personally, from what I can tell “child” characters are always polarizing in anime for being well...children. I see similar criticisms aimed at characters like Chibiusa from Sailor Moon or Takeru from Digimon Adventures. Masato did offer good interactions and I thought it was swell to see Satoshi with a lil’ brother figure. He also gave Takeshi someone to be brainy with and bounce off of before his character went completely stall in DP. The episode with Ralts was great and it was cool to see him do kid stuff like act bratty over his dad losing and not understanding the job of a gym leader or getting pissed at Haruka for wanting Satoshi to succeed in the battle.
It is made sense to me as kid at time ? We are like that time to time and i still like Eureka as she supposed to be different from Masato as she is supposed to be a goody-goody kid and just would be worried about her big bro

Last edited:

DatsRight

The kid companion concept isn't a bad idea, it's just they don't really give them enough to do. Even Bonnie despite loopholing around the 'too young to catch Pokemon' problem still sometimes had large lulls she didn't do much besides comic relief or be a nuisance, only occasionally showing interest in being a trainer and doing much with her two Pokemon besides singing to them.

Someone like young Kukui could make an awesome companion for example, with that cute chemistry with Ash and their extreme eagerness to become a good battler. The whole 'Ash getting a little sibling' premise is a cute recurring idea but it keeps getting shoved into the background.

Molayne and Kahili got done so damn dirty. The latter is whatever; I like her but she wasn’t a big part of the games anyway. But Molayne has done basically nothing aside from the MR stuff, and it’s weird they didn’t introduce him earlier. He deserved at least a slightly bigger focus

It's weird they didn't do much with Molayne really, especially since Sophocles did actually end up getting good limelight. I was kind of hoping they'd adapt their makeshift trial, especially since it utilised Sophocles' anime team.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I certainly wouldn't want another Masato or Eureka kind of character in the Galar cast. It didn't appeal to me in AG or XY, and I have serious doubts that the writers could pull it off well the third time around. I think that a simple three person cast could suffice in the upcoming saga without someone's younger sibling tagging along, but that's just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.