• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Starlight

I don't think that the female companion is getting Scorbunny unless it's Bea.
I did one time brought a picture on here how Scorbunny being a great starter Pokemon with Bea.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hmm, you know, if the all regions thing means they're gonna focus on groups of Ash's old companions, then Lillie, Mallow, and Serena as implied by the calendar's grouping already make a normal trio of battler, non-battler, and third wheel. Of course, this theory takes a random calendar at face value, so, take it with a bag of salt.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Confirmed

The focus on all regions refer to ash's friend's visiting galar

Ash represents kanto. Travels to galar with dawn and the two meet cilan there.

Alain and Harrison have travelled there to challenge Leon.

Max & kiawe travel to galar to compete in the league and are rivals to ash
Can't wait to see random dream crusher from Johto vs the canon undefeated champion of Galar
Also original nickname you got there

Ultra Beast Lover

Confirmed

The focus on all regions refer to ash's friend's visiting galar

Ash represents kanto. Travels to galar with dawn and the two meet cilan there.

Alain and Harrison have travelled there to challenge Leon.

Max & kiawe travel to galar to compete in the league and are rivals to ash
Where's the confirmation?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Nah he's actually the pizza delivery boy for the anime studio
Hard to take the poster seriously with a nickname like that. And I'm patient for any "official" news. And the rate of his postings, I can figure out his/her intentions.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Grookey and/or Sobble for Ash. I can't see it otherwise. Sobble actually has a ton of potential for arcs about his shyness and it maybe even fearing battles, which changes over the span of the series. Pretty much perfect stuff to be Ash's Pokemon. And Grookey in generell fits Ash the most imo.

Scorbunny is definitely the Pokemon for the female lead (probably Gloria). Definitely more likely than Grookey (I still can't see the supposedly existing feminine aspect of it) and Sobble.

Red and Blue

If Scrorbunny is a speedster I'd say it's a perfect fit for Ash. Especially if it's passionate for battles.

At least if the female lead gets Grookey it would be the first time they got the grass starter

Revolver Furious Dragon

Anything can go to ash at this point. I remember when people were calling chespin oshawott 2.0 and were certain it was going to ash

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Grookey just gives me the feel of a Pokémon that’d get utterly ignored on Ash’s team. Real big Turtwig/Snivy vibes; coincidentally both of those are grass types. The only grass starter Ash has caught that hasn’t been made a joke or been underused has been Sceptile, for obvious reasons. If Grookey evolves into a big gorilla like the credible leak says, then any chance of it being active upon a potential evolution dies with it, like 90% of his tanks.

The Trix rabbit is speedy and energetic, a perfect match for Ash. Sobble will have the sob story and self-esteem arc spanning across the series until it becomes his regional ace. I can’t come up with anything for Grookey.

Ultra Beast Lover

All three starters kinda fit with Ash. Scorbunny has the passion for battle and is full of energy, Grookey is fun loving, Sobble is emotional.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So Ash is most likely getting Corviknight since it’s been revealed that it’s the regional bird which makes me happy
Oh no. Rowlet broke the pattern. Rowlet broke the pattern! The regional bird will go to someone else because it's too cool.

Red and Blue

The reason Ash didn't get Pipipek was likely due to Rowlet being avian and part flying already. Since that isn't the case with the Galar starters Ash might have a chance at Corviknight once again

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I would love it if Pikachu has a character arc. Maybe an arc. of frustration with himself and Satoshi after losing a string of battles. This is true chance to write Galar as an Olympic-style event where some of the most powerful trainers show up to participate due to being sponsored. Satoshi has the victory of the Alola League under his belt but at the same time that doesn’t mean he can’t advance further with the blueprints Sun&Moon laid out for him. For once the writers seem like they may be down for taking the character somewhere. Don’t squander that change in formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.