1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by playerking, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

September 29th Japan time after the episode airs.

janejane6178 likes this.
  2. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I wonder if Oha Suta will spoil this as well.

Hey, one can hope although considering all effort made to not give more info, maybe it won't be the case.

3. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Wing ZERO

I hope not, I don't want to be disappointed by getting some kind of disappointing news earlier than expected lol

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  4. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

The only people I want to see Ash mentoring is his Pokemon.

Redstar45 likes this.
  5. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I find the idea of Ash becoming a mentor highly ridiculous and implausible.

Moonlight Starlight likes this.
  6. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

It's not that out of the question. What's implausible is him being a mentor type figure and not doing gyms.

I could see him offering guidance to a rival. Say a rookie trainer he meets at the start of his galar journey who ash offers advice to throughout the series.

7. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

I really like this idea. Maybe the concept of having multiple regions means we will see his Alola companions traveling around the world, maybe we get segments per episode. 10 minutes with Ash's adventure in Galar, and two shorter segments covering what his former companions are doing. They'd interact with other old characters in other regions, allowing us time to catch up on old characters and see what everyone is up to. All of this could intersect and end in a climactic arc near the end of everything.

Not that I expect this. This is just the route I'd like to see this take.

Also, with three of Ash's Pokemon having Thunderbolt in SM, I'd like to see another Electric-type on his team officially in Galar... I am definitely #TeamYamper for Ash, especially if it gains a secondary typing (and has a diverse movepool) upon evolution, to help differentiate it battle-wise from Pikachu.

8. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

I am seriously fearing that we may get Misty and Brock for Ash's companion for the next series. Don't ask me why.

9. NesRemix

NesRemix Well-Known Member

If they do an "all regions" thing, we'll probably be seeing every old character.

10. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

Misty hell noo.
    Better bring Dawn back.

11. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

That's for sure, but my main fear is that they'll be the main companion staying for the whole series instead getting cameos.

12. NesRemix

I don't see that ever happening. In the end of the SM cameo, Misty said she wants to make Cerulean Gym the strongest Gym in Kanto. She can't do that if she starts traveling again.

13. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Under the EPIC Alolan Sunset

Just show the Kanto character challenging her and that's it

14. NesRemix

I don't think Misty or even Brock will ever be part of the show for an entire saga again. The anime has too much success with new female companions as seen with May/Dawn/Serena or the SM girls to go back to an old one. Plus marketing wise they always like to market the hell out of whoever the current female lead is.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  15. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Wing ZERO

We should get Delia Ketchum and Professor Oak as the next companions

16. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Under the EPIC Alolan Sunset

I meant just as a regular gym leader, not a companion

17. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

Not if it's a reboot.

18. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Actually if Galar is Ash's final region Misty and Brock would be quite appropriate. It started with them and it would end with them

anjunajake likes this.
  19. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I can't see Ash being a mentor figure unless he is aged up.

20. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Well yu dont need to be official mentor, he could be mentor figure like he was in hoenn to may without doing much in person.

Trey pokes and Bortgreen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.