• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Man I have so much mixed feelings about this. I want the focus to be on Galar not the other regions, but if they have Ash reunite with Greninja, Larvitar, Pidgeot, and the rest that might make this world tour premise worth it.

Those clever bastards they're playing the nostalgia bait card and its working...

I definitely thought the new girl was a boy at first glance. However, looks like a cool character!

I wonder who the third companion will be.

Maybe there isn't one? Maybe the third companion will be an old companion when he backtracks through a previous region.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Man I have so much mixed feelings about this. I want the focus to be on Galar not the other regions, but if they have Ash reunite with Greninja, Larvitar, Pidgeot, and the rest that might make this world tour premise worth it.

Those clever bastards they're playing the nostalgia bait card and its working...

Maybe there isn't one? Maybe the third companion will be an old companion when he backtracks through a previous region.

True, solid idea but I still don't think it'll be old companions.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Speaking of Galar, I really do hope this being an ensemble region series doesn’t shortchange Galar itself from getting proper focus. Please no constant KAAAAAAANNNTOOOO circlejerk either. It’s only fair, as for Satoshi’s captures I wonder if this opens the door for captures from all regions. We’re long past the days of getting a 100+ new ‘mon and shows in the anime. Take away special transformations, legendaries, and regional variants and there’s not a lot to go around.

Anime hasn’t aired and the girl is already causing controversy. Serena and Iris took some time before theirs happened. That’s impressive.
The worst I’ve seen is her being called “ugly.”

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Speaking of Galar, I really do hope this being an ensemble region series doesn’t shortchange Galar itself from getting proper focus. Please no constant KAAAAAAANNNTOOOO circlejerk either. It’s only fair, as for Satoshi’s captures I wonder if this opens the door for captures from all regions. We’re long past the days of getting a 100+ new ‘mon and shows in the anime. Take away special transformations, legendaries, and regional variants and there’s not a lot to go around.

The worst I’ve seen is her being called “ugly.”
There’s been a lot said about her but the worst I’ve seeen is that she’s meant to pander towards trans and black people and that Pokèmon is “too political” nowadays.

I wish I was joking.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I imagine Misty and Brock will return at least, like they did in Sun and Moon.

Possibly, the recent trainer spotlights they got which heavily hinted we'd see them again could explain it but they could have just been talking about seeing them again in another game.

I love Misty and Brock and I'm fine with seeing them in Kanto again but when Ash and co go to Johto, I would really rather see a Johto character travel with him like Kris. Johto's my favorite region and I hated the way the anime handled it.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
There’s been a lot said about her but the worst I’ve seeen is that she’s meant to pander towards trans and black people and that Pokèmon is “too political” nowadays.

I wish I was joking.
Oh yeah, this is too be expected since she’s not your run-of-the-mill cute waifu Pokegirl for shippers and fanboy/fangirl(s) to project onto. Plus I know some aren’t fond of Galar having so many dark-skinned characters. Her not being as “fanservice-y” with a potential roughneck, competitive personality will surely earn her some disdain. I can just imagine if she defeats or poses a threat to Satoshi. But after having three more femmy girls with feminine main Pokemon I don’t see the issue with having a more hard-masculine one.

Speaking of companions, I wonder if it’s possible she’s just a rival and not Satoshi’s companion?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Maybe there just isn't a third wheel? I mean we have 5 companions/classmates in SM them going down to 1 might just be to contrast it with the previous saga.
And we probably see old companions in all regions anyway and they're likely joining Satoshi for only episode

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
The more I think about it the more she reminds me of Bea on top of that she has Hibunny which resembles Bea’s “bow” and is rumored to evolve into a humanoid fighter-style rabbit Pokemon. Maybe she’s a game character who is related to Bea and traveling with Satoshi? Bea is also “tomboyish.”

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Oh yeah, this is too be expected since she’s not your run-of-the-mill cute waifu Pokegirl for shippers and fanboy/fangirl(s) to project onto. Plus I know some aren’t fond of Galar having so many dark-skinned characters. Her not being as “fanservice-y” with a potential roughneck, competitive personality will surely earn her some disdain. I can just imagine if she defeats or poses a threat to Satoshi. But after having three more femmy girls with feminine main Pokemon I don’t see the issue with having a more hard-masculine one.

Speaking of companions, I wonder if it’s possible she’s just a rival and not Satoshi’s companion?
Agreed. I think it’s stupid people are against her for not following stereotypes but complain that the anime’s stale :/

As for her being a rival, I’m hoping that’s the case. If she and Ash went on two different adventures but occasionally met up and had equal focus, I think it’d be a fresh experience

Moonlight Starlight

Possibly, the recent trainer spotlights they got which heavily hinted we'd see them again could explain it but they could have just been talking about seeing them again in another game.

I love Misty and Brock and I'm fine with seeing them in Kanto again but when Ash and co go to Johto, I would really rather see a Johto character travel with him like Kris. Johto's my favorite region and I hated the way the anime handled it.
I can see Marina/Kris being as a big sister to Ash and being a little sister or great friend to Brock these two act similar in the opposite when it comes to girls for Brock and Marina falling for handsome cute boys like her crush on Lance or Eugene on Pokemon Chronicles. I can see Marina bring a great fresh dynamic taste being with Ash and Brock.
Agreed. I think it’s stupid people are against her for not following stereotypes but complain that the anime’s stale :/

As for her being a rival, I’m hoping that’s the case. If she and Ash went on two different adventures but occasionally met up and had equal focus, I think it’d be a fresh experience
This character being tomboy I have nothing against reminds me a vibe of Angie on DP. Angie dresses more casual of a tomboy and has great dynamic chemistry with Ash . Something I like to see with this new character with Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.