• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It's Japan, of coarse the girlish looking character could/would be Male.

So yeah, I obviously don't know to trust the "source" or not, but I already stated earlier why it's far from out of the realm. For some unknown reason, Japan loves Trap Characters...

Master Pikachu 11

Hmmm.... well if we go by 'patterns'. The recent one starting in XY with the Water Starter, Fire Bird, and no Grass Type, followed in SM by the Fire Stater, Grass Bird (also Starter), and Water Type.

This suggests Ash won't be getting a Fire type at all this time, but he will be getting at least the Grass Starter (Grookey), the Water Bird (Cramorant or something else*), maybe the Water Starter (Sobble, he's done 2 water types on the team before), and the pseudo legendary. Counting Larvitar's honorary status he's done one every even number generation. So I'll bet good odds on him getting one in the eighth.

*Galar Fearow (Water/Flying)

So at the very least he'll get 4 Galar Pokemon, I'm sure he'll get a fifth one, but it'll be the wild card so no clue what'll be.

As he goes through the other regions I'd love to see him pick up or at least meet his old pokemon: Goodra, Greninja, Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras, Larvitar, etc.

As for catching new pokemon?

Dear Writers,
Please just give Ash a Lucario already when he's in Sinnoh would you?
Thanks,
The Fanbase.
(You know people are going to bring this up eventually)

Ash's team should be no bigger then 12 imo Pikachu + 11 others. That's two teams: a main one and a reserve one.

I just remembered: Larvitar appeared in a flashback during the Kanto Two Partner! I don't know if that means anything, but at the very least it means the anime staff hasn't forgotten him! Maybe we will see him again when Ash travels to Johto?
He should at the very least get Sobble, his water starters besides Greninja don’t have enough love in the evolution department while his grass and fire starters get more love in the evolution department and are not the typical usually the gag mon like Totodile and Oshowat. So I hope he gets both Grookey and Sobble and they pull a Infernape and Torrtera and evolve all the way. Since he didn’t get the regional bird, I hope he gets Corviknight just because it’s an awesome looking Pokémon and it would give him his second steel type and allow him to use another Pokémon to Gigantamax.

World Turtle

Oh this is Generation 8 I get it now: The Scorbunny Trainer must have made a bet with someone that he could travel Around The World In Eighty Days.

If no one gets the joke its a reference to a novel and why we might be getting in a world tour plot. Though I'd prefer this being a variation where they go back and forth from Galar to the other regions with it being more of a scavenger hunt that needs to be complete under a set time and Ash has agreed to help his new friend win this challenge. Maybe he needs to catch the other regions' versions of Pokemon with Galar Forms?

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
It's Japan, of coarse the girlish looking character could/would be Male.

So yeah, I obviously don't know to trust the "source" or not, but I already stated earlier why it's far from out of the realm. For some unknown reason, Japan loves Trap Characters...
”Trap” is transphobic.

This is just a fantasy, but I would like Ash to meet the protagonists of the games at some point.
That would be interesting! I wonder if, should Ash meet them, whether Victor and Gloria would be friends already? Maybe in the anime timeline they both grew up as Hop’s neighbors and are childhood friends.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm sorry but that does not look like a girl to me lol. Also there's no reason that another female trainer can't get revealed on a later date.

Red and Blue

People on Bulbapedia are freaking out over Ash having potential romance with the new guy, lol.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Red and Blue

What? If it didn't happen with Serena what makes them think it'll happen here?
Dunno. One of the posters said that because it could be just the two of them without a Pokegirl the writers would go for romance between them. And that scares them for some reason

Redstar45

greninjamaster

Dunno. One of the posters said that because it could be just the two of them without a Pokegirl the writers would go for romance between them. And that scares them for some reason

Oh yeah because Japan of all countries would do a same sex relationship on Pokemon of all shows. When they struggle to even do it in their actual adult aimed anime series.

Redstar45

Oh yeah because Japan of all countries would do a same sex relationship on Pokemon of all shows. When they struggle to even do it in their actual adult aimed anime series.
@greninjamaster It is not that impossible to do it as there is lot girl loves and a boy loves anime show and manga (i am girl love fan there and support for classic lgbtq community as bi-sexually male and i hope that i didn't hurt anyone feel by what i said )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.