• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So is his goal to catch all pokemon or mew specifically?

Mr-Nightmare_420

Just a dude who enjoys pokemon
I highly doubt Go will capture any of the legendaries or most of the mythicals. Befriend them? Yeah, I can see that. But he will most likely learn that capturing a powerful creature like that will mess with the world, as seen many times in the movies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Aside from people overreacting, I wonder how much Go will catch.

I hope he doesn't catch very many. I'm very opposed to any trainer catching certain deity-like Pokemon such as Ho-Oh, Necrozma and Arceus. That would denigrate the folklore quality of the anime that's persisted since the OS, when Junichi Masuda ruined it in the games with RSE.

I know there's a subculture of people who want legends to be treated like ordinary Pokemon, but even in the real world we treat livestock and exotics differently (unless you're China). The moniker of legend and/or mythical was spammed too much, extending to Pokemon like Shaymin or Heatran which don't really deserve it. Or Pokemon that are literally legendary, like Ash-Greninja, not getting identified as such.

Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic. If Go starts catching box legends I'll be the first to say Pokemon is ruined. Otherwise, I'm open-minded.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
At least we finally have a mc where his goal like the Pokemon motto " gonna catch them all "

Now i wonder what interaction like go and ash have
Will be like Clemont ash or kiawe ash

Revolver Furious Dragon

My problem with them travelling together is what's ash going to do? If it something like train up his old pokemon in preparation for something, an invite to a tournament based on masters or something, that would be ok because he can focus on a team of stuff like totodile, gible and scraggy.

But if he just randomly decides to tag along with Gou then he's just going to be stale and boring like dp Brock.

maybe he wants to challenge all the gyms again which would at least be something

Which is why I think it's best if they have seperate adventures.

Maybe gou can arrive in pallet town and that's how ash learns of galar

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
The impossible has happened: the JP version has done something brilliant that gained it a lot of watchability.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Shame Go is not a girl, but I can live with him being a boy. Seems like an interesting character.

I'll definitely give this new anime a shot.

(wish we got some footage though)

Konja7

Regarding a female lead, I really doubt we will have one for this season.

Even if Satoshi and Go have separate adventures (which I really doubt), I don't think this season will have a female lead. At most, I think it could be companions (including females) during arcs, but I don't think a permanent character.

I mean the posters could be misleading, but they usually show important new characters, especially female leads.

Mr-Nightmare_420

I need to listen to the full ost of whatever is in that teaser (opening perhaps?). Sounds like it's gonna be the truth

Xuxuba

I really don't like the idea of them bringing Pokémon Go into this, but i will wait a bit more to see how much of it will actually be in the series.

Anyone else think gous goal is stupid?

Either he catches everything but most of them are never seen again

Or he only catches a few and his goal remains unfulfilled
I definetly see where you coming from. To be fair tho, at least it's better than blowing bubbles, not really having one or having one that barely involves Pokémon.

All maki episode, almost all of them character heavy, hope the direction going to be good
Gotta say, i usually don't take the previous episodes they worked on into consideration, because i've seen even the best members of the staff create some terrible episodes, but this list has my favorite Showcase and my favorite filler.
These are also some of the few SM episodes i enjoyed (except maybe the Morelull one, but it wasn't that bad). So this does make me a little bit more hopeful.

Mr-Nightmare_420

Wait, if Ash isn't traveling through Galar (witch I hope he is), he will not use Dinamax/Gigantamax?!
From what we've seen so far, those modes only work in the Galar region. So he won't be using it while traveling in the previous regions. But he'll definitely be using it whenever he gets to Galar, it looks to play a major role in gym battles.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Not sure what to think about Gou's goal with the anime lore making many of the deity-like Legendaries uncatchable, at least without causing mass chaos. And there is the potential thorny issue of tossing the Porygon line (never had an anime appearance since that infamous episode) into the mix.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Or Satoshi and gou is stuck together until death of Pokemon game ?

J. D. Guy

Still happy about Ash's new look. Love the open vest and the shorts, and love his shoes, too. I've never really grew up wearing low-cut shoes, but Ash makes it work.

So, Go's a boy after all? I knew it best to wait and see, since I had a feeling his gender could have gone either way. No new Zoey, design-wise, but he still has some slight facial-features, which does contrast with Ash nicely. They look good together, especially with their blue versus red and white versus black and gray c0lor contrasts.

Another thing about Go's design that I'm only now realizing with the reveal of his goal is that his outfit is reminiscent of the default styles of the Pokemon Go characters, namely the player characters. That's actually a really nice touch. Anyone else see it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.