• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I wondered how thry team up and how good gou is in battle?

Ultra Beast Lover

If it's not good I'll have to admit that the SuMo anime had merit, if it is...I'll still admit that it had merit but it'll be less annoyed.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Well, I guess we’re never getting a tomboy for a main character ever again.

Gou seems like an interesting guy, at least. We’ve never had a character whose goal is to “catch ‘em all” before, and it seems as though he and Ash will have a relationship similar to Gon and Killua (if they’re traveling together). Personally, I’m pretty excited to see where they take him...even though my dreams for a tomboy with a Scorbunny have now been crushed into the dirt...

Remix2

They got the same guy who did the music for my hero academia, well that mean the ost will be really good if it on par with that show.

That said not a big fan of the current director of sun and moon get ting executive director instead of Yajima.

SpiritSkye

#ShieldGang
The music that played in the background gave me heavy MHA vibes. Anyone else feel the same way?
That was immediately where my mind went when the trailer started!

According to IMDb, Maki Kodaira has been credited as a director for 17 Pokemon episodes and 2 episodes for Koi to Uso.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9492054/

They seem to be very new, so hard to say what their work is like.

Kunihiko Yuyama and Shouji Yonemura have been working on the show for ages.

Assuming I have the right guy, Yuuki Hayashi has composed for My Hero Academia.
Ahhh, that would explain it.

VoltTacklingPika

The most notable thing about the episodes Kodaira has worked on is how character focused they are. In particular, there's an emphasis on relationships and how that ties into character growth. So perhaps this new season will have a sharper focus on the relationships in the cast and between their Pokemon. I think it'd be refreshing for Ash to have a close male friend who isn't a rival, as opposed to yet another PokeGirl.

Gou's goal will be tricky because there's a risk of prioritising quantity over quality. Catching more Pokemon tends to lead to less individual focus on each one, so some of them can come off as expendable. This could be why the show has been reluctant till now to have a character whose goal is to catch them all, despite how fundamental it is to the Pokemon experience. It usually wants to have each Pokemon to have its own character and be on screen a lot, but they wouldn't be able to do that if they're in a PC somewhere.

Besides that, it's the perfect goal to have in a show spanning all regions. Gou will have a built-in reason for wanting to travel to different places.

We'll have to see what Ash will be doing. Conveniently, there are eight regions, so they could easily come up with eight trinkets for him to collect to qualify for something.

Xuxuba

Not sure what to think about Gou's goal with the anime lore making many of the deity-like Legendaries uncatchable, at least without causing mass chaos. And there is the potential thorny issue of tossing the Porygon line (never had an anime appearance since that infamous episode) into the mix.
The fact they specified he wanted to catch Mew makes me believe that he might not go after every Legendary and mythical pokémon, aside from Mew.

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe we'll see our old friends. If we never see the old companions or hear of them at least once, not including Brock and Misty, then this is a waste of time. None of this has helped to calm fans down, if anything it's igniting their fears. Next week needs to pull something big to calm people down or else I fear the anime might just die, or at least come close to death.

axelme

sorry but im basically done with the anime at this point. sun and moon was pretty crappy. i had hope that the next one would get it back on track but just no. Go looks like some kind if ash clone . i cant stand ash so i really do not have interest in watching 2 of them run around. there appears to be no female lead which sucks.

the lure of seeing old characters just isnt enough. and if ash is travelling the world it doesn't seem like galar will get the focus it deserves. unless..

is it possible that since he won a league ash's goal will shift?. is it possible that instead of watching ash battle gyms and get badges that this new character will be the one people watch go through galar getting badges. as a champion ash goes on some kind of global tour while this new character fills the role ash normally did

there is a small part of me that wonders that, since this new character looks so much like ash is there a plan to get rid of ash and replace him with go

J. D. Guy

I think it'd be refreshing for Ash to have a close male friend who isn't a rival, as opposed to yet another PokeGirl.

I agree that it will be fun and refreshing to have Ash develop a close relationship with a male companion that takes the center or primary stage. He's had plenty of those relationships with the female companions, and has become close with any of the main guys of each region, but never has he really had the type of closeness dynamic he has had with the girls with the guys. Thus far, it appears it'll be a two-man show (though rotating guest stars are something I sincerely believe will happen in each region). This will mean the same type of connection Ash will form will Go will be akin to the ones he has formed with Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, and Serena (and everyone in Alola, in their own way; though Alola was kinda different).

I really look forward to them cultivating their bond together and experiencing how they do so.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Yeah if ash isnt going to be doing the galar gyms, at least not anytime soon, I'm done as well

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I was hoping we would get 1-2 minute trailer involving episodes instead I got same thing that's been leaked 2 days ago just with more detail on what's happening. I will wait for actually trailer of new anime.

Rune Knight

I was hoping we would get 1-2 minute trailer involving episodes instead I got same thing that's been leaked 2 days ago just with more detail on what's happening. I will wait for actually trailer of new anime.

I think it's because they're trying to avoid giving too much away.

Status
Not open for further replies.