• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really hope whatever the gen 8 gimmick is they either give it only to Ash
Or everyone gets it within the first two years, and not the third/fourth year. Give them time to actually use the freaking thing

DatsRight

I really hope whatever the gen 8 gimmick is they either give it only to Ash
Or everyone gets it within the first two years, and not the third/fourth year. Give them time to actually use the freaking thing

I wouldn't mind if Team Rocket got it again, but they actually let them use it effectively. The poor Z-Ring use is annoying but so is TR not even trying to level grind and just doing the same thing the whole series until the twerps are blatantly OP against them like XY lampshaded.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Getting closer now, but still a ways off.

Red and Blue

Think they finished animating the remaining twenty or so episodes of SM and have started on SS? Or is it still a bit early?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Think they finished animating the remaining twenty or so episodes of SM and have started on SS? Or is it still a bit early?
Probably They are just finished producing final ep of s&m series by now and they are probably already finishing make the episode five of gen 8 now .

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I know Western animation takes around nine months to complete, but they also have a higher budget/less-demanding schedule than most anime. Although, it's pretty much guaranteed that episodes 1 & 2 are done by this point, since they usually also send them over to be dubbed in English far ahead of when the rest of the series will premiere.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
hmm, IIRC the last episode of XYZ finished production in mid-august (it was announced in a tweet where they were celebrating that, though it was recieved kinda poorly because it was announced around the time XYZ38 aired, so for some it felt like a slap in the face, that's the only reason why I remember that), but that also meant VA-ing and editing (and other behind the scenes stuff I don't know about), so it's possible, but I think june/july would be a bit more likely

Zoruagible

I'm honestly quite looking forward to gyms, really hoping we don't see one Pokemon doing all the gyms by themselves like we got with the last two Grand Trials.
Mostly I just want all of Ash's original team to get in important battles, and not get ignored like poor Torracat. Whose only important battle was the Grass Trial.... which he shared.

I know Western animation takes around nine months to complete, but they also have a higher budget/less-demanding schedule than most anime. Although, it's pretty much guaranteed that episodes 1 & 2 are done by this point, since they usually also send them over to be dubbed in English far ahead of when the rest of the series will premiere.

Yeah it's probably ready for sure, we get the dub about when the games are coming out. I think XY was even within the same week

Edit: Yeah, I was right. October 19, two days after Japan. While we got SM a few weeks after Japan and the games, though that could be because of Thanksgiving weekend

Last edited:

Kintaro

Banned
I'm not looking forward to Ash capturing the generic early bird pokemon of the region for the millionth time, after Pidgeotto/Noctowl/Swellow/Staraptor/Uzefant/Talonflame, etc.

All of Ash's bird pokemon have virtually no personality, and with the exception of Noctowl's psychic attacks, basically all function the same way every series. At least Rowlett prevented the generic bird capture this arc.

Zoruagible

I'm not looking forward to Ash capturing the generic early bird pokemon of the region for the millionth time, after Pidgeotto/Noctowl/Swellow/Staraptor/Uzefant/Talonflame, etc.

All of Ash's bird pokemon have virtually no personality, and with the exception of Noctowl's psychic attacks, basically all function the same way every series. At least Rowlett prevented the generic bird capture this arc.

I'm not looking forward to it either, hopefully they can pawn it off to another character and let Ash go Flying type free for a generation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I want to believe that whichever Starter(s) Satoshi attains in Gen VIII will have a good chance of evolving, yet after seeing how Mokuroh was handled for almost three years, I'm a bit pessimistic about his replacement(s).

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I don’t really get the whole claim that Fennekin was obviously feminine. It’s evolutions might be, but its base form isn’t overwhelmingly so. Same with Popplio. To me, it’s the token cute starter, like Piplup, Torchic, Oshawott/Tepig, Chikorita, etc. before it.

I’d love if the female protag got Grookey, but the whole energetic shtick Scorbunny has is the formula they’ve always stuck to for the girls. It’s a hyper-marketable bunny rabbit...they will not pass up on that.

Zoruagible

I hope that Ash's starter or starters this gen are handled better than Torracat.

Here's hoping he gets Sobble then.
Cause that's the best shot at getting an evolved starter with good treatment.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Here's hoping he gets Sobble then.
Cause that's the best shot at getting an evolved starter with good treatment.
If he catches Sobble, I want Ash to catch another starter because I don't want Sobble to just be Greninja 2.0.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Just let him have that water and fire starters like he did have a both fire and grass type starters in the Pokemon dp era .

Status
Not open for further replies.