• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
There have been plenty of “leaks”, just not very credible ones. It’s up to you to decide if they’re real or not, but there have been.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Has anyone heard of any recent news since the big reveal? Seems odd that we haven't had any leaks or news since then
E3 is less than a month away. News will come soon. Probably the cover Legendaries or something like that. Maybe a bit of gameplay footage.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Can we just get a series where the fire starter fully evolves?
You mean water? We have had the fire starter fully evolve three times yet not once has the water starver went all the way. Actually I don't think his water types ever evolve in general minus Krabby which was out of nowhere

E3 is less than a month away. News will come soon. Probably the cover Legendaries or something like that. Maybe a bit of gameplay footage.
I'm hoping the news will be done differently this time. Like maybe news at E3 and a Direct in September with the games dropping October or December. I really want them to let you as the player discover stuff so the less news is better to me and I hope others. SM felt like a hurricane of news non stop.

Jeal

Fire type: 3 fully evolved, 3 middle-stage, 1 base-stage.
Water type: 2 fully evolved, 1 middle-stage, 4 base-stage
Grass type: 2 fully evolved, 1 middle-stage, 4 base-stage

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
???

Greninja, and now Primarina.
Ok guess I forgot Greninja and Primarina was so forced and felt like a OS era storyline. But I do think it literally took a long time still for a water starter to evolve. Which makes me feel anything COULD happen in the anime even things like Ash winning or a league and even a new protagonist it could just take time. We might all be dead by the time Ash is replaced but I'd return from the dead to praise the show writers.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ok guess I forgot Greninja and Primarina was so forced and felt like a OS era storyline. But I do think it literally took a long time still for a water starter to evolve. Which makes me feel anything COULD happen in the anime even things like Ash winning or a league and even a new protagonist it could just take time. We might all be dead by the time Ash is replaced but I'd return from the dead to praise the show writers.
I thank show writers would be really retired or dead

Redstar45

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what I think the anime crew should definitely do? Instead of trying to copy and paste Sinnoh and XYZ over and over again, producing bad copies, I think they should go to the BW/SM route... as in they should continue experimenting and perfecting their craft with different materials. Pokemon Adventures didn't reach to heights of story greatness by repeatedly showing off the same story-line did it? Nope. It experimented and perfected it's craft with different materials instead of making a slightly less good copy. If they just made another Diamond & Pearl, people will say "This is not as good as Diamond & Pearl!" lol but you don't often hear the "this isn't as good as this" with Pokemon Adventures now do you guys? Come to think of it, I think even I rarely compare and contrast different story arcs, kind of like the video games actually. That's the kind of story-telling greatness you want the anime to reach.

Redstar45

You know what I think the anime crew should definitely do? Instead of trying to copy and paste Sinnoh and XYZ over and over again, producing bad copies, I think they should go to the BW/SM route... as in they should continue experimenting and perfecting their craft with different materials. Pokemon Adventures didn't reach to heights of story greatness by repeatedly showing off the same story-line did it? Nope. It experimented and perfected it's craft with different materials instead of making a slightly less good copy. If they just made another Diamond & Pearl, people will say "This is not as good as Diamond & Pearl!" lol but you don't often hear the "this isn't as good as this" with Pokemon Adventures now do you guys? Come to think of it, I think even I rarely compare and contrast different story arcs, kind of like the video games actually. That's the kind of story-telling greatness you want the anime to reach.
Actually many time that fans have a issues with pokemon special manga....just because you didn't see or read fan whine about it in there or somewhere else.....it's don't be mean they didn't really exist you know .

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I thank show writers would be really retired or dead
I mean I am pretty sure they will just hire new people. I actually am curious who from Day 1 is even working on Pokemon now.

DatsRight

I'm tempted to think SS will be a more conventional series this time, the pattern is generally a series of experimenting and reinnovating, and then the one after revised on that to find a good balance. AG-DP, BW-XY, and I suppose Kanto-Johto.

Also from what can be seen so far, Galar looks like a more linear region that follows the old conventions a bit more, while Alola was a more unique region with four small segmented islands that were easy to trek around, allowing for more unique travelling and world building.

I suspect Galar will likely have SOME subtle unique ideas and likely try to capitalise on what worked in Sun and Moon to some degree (I really don't want a full and total revival of the old formula, XY shown it had run its course), but pattern suggests it will likely be a more consistent refinement saga.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I am slightly surprised that there's been a lack of Gen VIII news recently. I don't know when we can expect the first news about the new saga, but I was expecting some more new Pokemon information by now since it's almost June. The Galar Starters are great and all, but at this point I'm not that interested in speculating on which Gen VIII Starter Satoshi will get.

Redstar45

I am slightly surprised that there's been a lack of Gen VIII news recently. I don't know when we can expect the first news about the new saga, but I was expecting some more new Pokemon information by now since it's almost June. The Galar Starters are great and all, but at this point I'm not that interested in speculating on which Gen VIII Starter Satoshi will get.
Think both pikachu movie and m22 had something to do with a lack of news of gen viii ?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Yeah, I really hope they reveal something soon...
Hopefully more than just Pokemon. Whose the Professor, what's the villain team like, first look at a gym master.... stuff that will truly kick off the hype. My hype's slowly been dying as I grow more worried by the day we're getting even less Pokemon than before, two months without news ain't a good sign

Think both pikachu movie and m22 had something to do with a lack of news of gen viii ?

Never stopped it before.
Besides nobody's going to not go see Detective Pikachu because of gen 8 news. That's just silly

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I really hope they go back to a group of 3. Not trying to complain about larger groups, but we haven’t had a group of 3 since BW and honestly I just feel like that’s the perfect number. As much as I like the SM cast, I sometimes feel like it’s too large.
I like a 4 member group, despite XY did this before despite the cast being unbalanced imo. As a Left 4 Dead, RWBY, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan, I really like the potential of a 4 member group could bring. But 3 people would be fine too if they can bring depth for each of their characters.

Kintaro

Banned
A 4 person group works in theory. In XY they just had to make Serena more active at the start and it would have been fine. Back in AG, the writers ran out of things to do with Max after the first year, besides the Ralts ep, and just left him as a background character occasionally making a snarky comment toward Ash or May. And Brock was Brock, the writers just didn't care about doing anything with him in AG.

The writers could get away with ignoring Brock because he was an old character that was just there, but Clemont needed to have focus, same with any new male companion.

Status
Not open for further replies.