• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
In my honest opinion, if Ash goes to Galar, he should travel by himself. He wouldn’t get sidetracked as often if he traveled alone. I think having companions hinders him at times from training so by traveling alone, he would focus more on his training and not get involved with things he has no interest in like contests or showcases. Also if he gets hungry, he can stop by a local pub to eat.
That's never going to happen. If he travels alone there will be way more cotd/Team Rocket fillers than ever before. And tbh Ash holds the companions back since he's always getting the focus and battles instead of the companions when they're the ones that need it more especially since we all know that Ash is never going to win a league and be written off, so all of the focus on him feels completely pointless to me.

SatoSereFan224888

That's never going to happen. If he travels alone there will be way more cotd/Team Rocket fillers than ever before. And tbh Ash holds the companions back since he's always getting the focus and battles instead of the companions when they're the ones that need it more especially since we all know that Ash is never going to win a league and be written off, so all of the focus on him feels completely pointless to me.
I feel his companions hold him back more than he holds them back. How about this idea instead? He’s now like 18-20 years old and tutors young trainers just starting on their journeys. He becomes the mentor for the female trainer of the games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
I feel his companions hold him back more than he holds them back. How about this idea instead? He’s now like 18-20 years old and tutors young trainers just starting on their journeys. He becomes the mentor for the female trainer of the games.

I don't see how he holds back his companions. He's the one who gets the majority of the development in every saga, so it's not like he's been overshadowed by any of his friends, especially not in SM where he's done most of the heavily lifting in each mini-arc. I don't expect him to age much less become a mentor in the next saga, but I wouldn't mind if he's somewhat more mature in Gen VIII's saga like he was in Shinou. That'd be a nice compromise.

Decidueye23

Ash aging is not going to happen. Ash represents the new protagonist of each game, heck he even gets the same clothes. What i would like to see is a kalos x alola ash. Mature but having some character. For once i d like to see a character arc for ash, it seems like its been ages since he's had an arc over which he changes.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash aging is not going to happen. Ash represents the new protagonist of each game, heck he even gets the same clothes. What i would like to see is a kalos x alola ash. Mature but having some character. For once i d like to see a character arc for ash, it seems like its been ages since he's had an arc over which he changes.
Don't forget to throw in Kanto Ash for the snark gold. Although, we could get that just by letting 4kids handle the show again.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I hope that Sword & Shield cuts down on the Legendary and Mythical appearances. Sun & Moon has so many of them that they hardly feel special anymore.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I also miss the days when legendaries and mythicals were actually special and didn't just show up whenever. I hope that the new box cover legendaries from Generation 8 will be given more of a role in the plot as well, not just a mini-arc like Nebby got.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Right now, yes. He basically stole Calem and Sun's clothing
Everything else was original, and I really hope SM goes that way again. Not just cause the male default outfit is ugly as sin, but because it makes Ash feel more unique. Like the M21 outfit, I despise the movie but that outfit was pretty awesome!
And for the love of Arceus, can Ash not have a red cap this saga?! It felt like he just saved the hat from his Kalos adventure

I hope that Sword & Shield cuts down on the Legendary and Mythical appearances. Sun & Moon has so many of them that they hardly feel special anymore.

Yes please
Unless Galar does another Kalos, where basically only three new legendaries are brought in, I don't want any legendary Pokemon that don't belong to that region to appear at all.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Right now, yes. He basically stole Calem and Sun's clothing
Everything else was original, and I really hope SM goes that way again. Not just cause the male default outfit is ugly as sin, but because it makes Ash feel more unique. Like the M21 outfit, I despise the movie but that outfit was pretty awesome!
And for the love of Arceus, can Ash not have a red cap this saga?! It felt like he just saved the hat from his Kalos adventure

Yes please
Unless Galar does another Kalos, where basically only three new legendaries are brought in, I don't want any legendary Pokemon that don't belong to that region to appear at all.
to be fair to his XY outfit, it was a much leaner version than Calem's, it was pretty much FrLg Red's outfit with Calem's colors

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
to be fair to his XY outfit, it was a much leaner version than Calem's, it was pretty much FrLg Red's outfit with Calem's colors
He look like he is red from Pokemon Gameverses.

Redstar45

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I actually find this inclusion of Legendaries/Mythicals to be quite fun (and a little bit hilarious), but I hope the next generation cuts down on them a little.
I don't. Don't care if it's big or small number of legendaries, all counts down to the execution.

Redstar45

Status
Not open for further replies.