• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
to be fair to his XY outfit, it was a much leaner version than Calem's, it was pretty much FrLg Red's outfit with Calem's colors

Yes. And even Yajima ended up confirming this.

But to be fair, this combination end up being quite beneficial as it's one of his best, sharpest designs.

I don't can picture Ash with SwSh player's clothes.

Yeah, same here. I'd love if they pull an AG and let Ash have an original outfit again.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I feel his companions hold him back more than he holds them back. How about this idea instead? He’s now like 18-20 years old and tutors young trainers just starting on their journeys. He becomes the mentor for the female trainer of the games.

I doubt the guy that gets most of the screen time and is the center of advertising, the same guy who has been the star of every movie no matter how much it doesn't make sense, looking at you Temple of the Sea, is being held back by his companions. If anything, he needs them since it is shown Ash's culinary skills are bad enough to kill death itself.

Even if we accept that Ash isn't going to die of food poisoning, the CotD/PotD fillers will go up exponentially since we know Ash is bound to bump into a Pokemon or person in need and do something about the problem since he's too nice for his own good.

Yeah, same here. I'd love if they pull an AG and let Ash have an original outfit again.

The problem with the Galar PC is just that he looks so plain, especially compared to the other PC. I'm sure an actual child can cosplay as the Male PC by rummaging through his own closet without much effort. I'd certainly like an original design again.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If anything, he needs them since it is shown Ash's culinary skills are bad enough to kill death itself.

Did you watch that SM episode where he screwed up on simple house shores like cleaning clothes?

Makes me wonder that maybe Delia never let him do any sort of thing to help with the house. Impressive Ash end up being such a nice kid despite his mom pampering him lol

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yes. And even Yajima ended up confirming this.

But to be fair, this combination end up being quite beneficial as it's one of his best, sharpest designs.

I think AG ash's outfit is kinda based on gold/ethan's GSC outfit, but blue instead of black/yellow, though that may be a stretch

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I think AG ash's outfit is kinda based on gold/ethan's GSC outfit, but blue instead of black/yellow, though that may be a stretch
Maybe......grey pant and gen 3 red like blue shoes and red's black short sleeve is kind ruined it bit

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't really have any complaints regarding the design of the Gen VIII male player character, so I don't really care if Satoshi ends up dressing like him in the Shield and Sword saga. I really like the design of the female playable character however, so I hope that she ends up becoming Satoshi's female tag along partner in Galar.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I really like the design of the female playable character however, so I hope that she ends up becoming Satoshi's female tag along partner in Galar.

I'm hoping she's a fiery spirit not unlike Elsie Lovelock's memetic portrayal of her.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
One that traded league victories for the fountain of eternal youth.
Or something darker than that......may held such responsible for eternal youth.......Dr.Okido is one who tell such fiction story.

ShadowForce720

In regards to whether or not the female player character from Sword and Shield will show up and be one of Ash's traveling companions in the Sword and Shield anime where just going to have to wait and see. Now in regards to the whole argument that she is to similar to the SM female lead look, it's probably likely that argument is going to be used on almost every female player character we get now where because some people think they see similarities that it means with another female character that it means they won't show up, look regardless of what they look like were going to have another female lead that is based on the female player character eventually as long as the anime keeps going even if they don't use the female player character for Sword & Shield.

However all that being said I really don't see the problem with the female player character from Sword & Shield being a traveling companion of Ash, especially when you consider the SM/USUM female player character never made into the main anime so there is nothing that would cause confusion and really looking at the they don't look as much alike some people may try to make it sound.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd like it if they just brought in the female player character as a rival, not a main character. Not the rival, but one of them. I want the main rival to be a rude dick again, no more Ash being friends with his rival within their introduction episode, it's fine for rivals like Hau and Barry who don't have an antagonistic bone in their bodies

I doubt the female protagonist of Gen 8 will appear in the anime. She doesn't look that much different than the SM female lead.

....what?

I see no similarities, the only possible thing they could have in common is not appearing. But that has nothing to do with stopping her from appearing, Moon never appeared and she's not going to.

Red and Blue

Can't wait to see the Regional bird next week. Maybe Ash will catch it once more since none of the starters are part flying.

Also we should know how much time before SM ends as well

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I saw add on my cellphone about the coming game for SW&SH is coming in June like next month.
I can pretty much guarantee there is a 0% chance that SWSH are dropping next month. Next to zero news about them except the starters and region map, not even a hint toward the villain team, etc. Also, confirmed to be coming late 2019, which June is definitely not.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
btw, does anyone think we could get anime news in the press conference, which will most likely be more about pokemon in general than just the swsh games? It'd be a tad too early, but still would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.