• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno1995

Tbh I know it's not likely due to its typing, but I really want Ash with a hyperactive Yamper. That thing is so cute and it deserves to have a spotlight, and should follow in Lycanroc's footsteps as a pupper for Ash. If it gets a cool secondary typing upon evolution, I could see it as more likely. They've been breaking a lot of "rules" lately for Ash's team, so who's to say he can't get another Electric-type?

I'm excited to see some news on the anime and who joins Ash on his journey.

DatsRight

Concerning ages, a lot of characters are aged up or down in the anime to fit their role. Serena looked like a teenager in the games though in the anime was aged down to ten or so like every other protagonist. May is also the most 'developed' 10 year old I've ever seen. :p

So if the rumor about Meowth's branched evolution turns out to be true looks like TR's Meowth will have another rival

Can they just use Meowth's proto-Gen 2 pre-evolution already? I know it wouldn't make much sense with 'baby Meowth' in his backstory but I want the line to get a consistent boost up.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So... anyone for Ash getting the rumored SirFetch? Gen 1 pandering is all the rage, but at least it's a Galar evolution if true
I'm always happy for more cross-gen evolutions. Jynx should've gotten one in Gen IV, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. Maybe Dragon-type Eevee to complete the Special theme and be counterpart to Sylveon?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Man, too bad Yamper's an Electric type.... but since DP, at least one companion's had an Electric type so hopefully one of the companions or even James gets this cute pupper.

Impidimp is TOTALLY the villain team Pokemon though, just look at it. No way is somebody catching that thing, it's going to be the Purrlion/Salandit of this generation

So... anyone for Ash getting the rumored SirFetch? Gen 1 pandering is all the rage, but at least it's a Galar evolution if true

I'd really love to see Ash capture an old Pokemon and permanently keep it, no releases or trade offs.... it's his forever. To show off a new form/evolution.
One of the reasons why I'm pissed they didn't give him Sandslash, always wanted to see a Sandslash on his team.... they could have even written it off easily by having Oak ask to research it if they wanted to remove it for awhile.

I'd love to see Farfetch'd or an Eevee -> Knighteon/Drakeon on Ash's team

Leonhart

Imagineer
Joltik-Kid said:
So no Mega Pokemon or Z-Moves... Don't mind the Mega lost honestly, but no Z-moves literally makes Ash's entire Alolan adventure absolutely pointless

It's not as if Satoshi usually uses all the skills that he acquires in his travels in every new region that he visits, anyway. He constantly drops his previously learned skills since he almost always starts over fresh when he heads to a new adventure, so him losing his Z-Move usage wouldn't surprise me.

nuzamaki90

As soon as I saw Impidimp I thought of Aipom and immediately said to myself that this could be a TR Pokémon or just a recurring Pokémon that starts trouble for s****s and giggles

Make it happen!

Kintaro

Banned
I could see Nessa being a main character. We have Lana so we've already had a second water type trainer on the cast, why not a third? Misty hasn't been around for almost 20 years as a main character, I think kids can see another female who likes water pokemon.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
As soon as I saw Impidimp I thought of Aipom and immediately said to myself that this could be a TR Pokémon or just a recurring Pokémon that starts trouble for s****s and giggles

Make it happen!
S*** and giggles? It is not new to pokemon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I could see Nessa being a main character. We have Lana so we've already had a second water type trainer on the cast, why not a third? Misty hasn't been around for almost 20 years as a main character, I think kids can see another female who likes water pokemon.
Sure, why not

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The fate of Ash's Z-ring is the only thing I'm curious about in the current anime. Not the league. Not Mohn. Not the post-league episodes. But the fate of his Z-Power Ring.
Rotom is most probably ditching the dex to be a phone so, or the z-power ring will be upgraded into whatever is the new trinket, or Ash will let it at Pallet/with Oak. Since the z-crystals are this saga's "badges" (and Ash curiously have 8 now, if you're counting Solgaleo's), it's another set of 8 to keep along with his previous badges...wherever he puts them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Forget Ash's, I'm more curious of the TRio's.

I hope they get to keep it cause they barely got to even use it, and they need some counter to Dynamax.... which Ash and friends will unfairly use against them much like z-moves

dman_dustin

Looking at Nessa for a little bit while thinking. I think they could easily pass her off as the same age as you'd expect Kiawe and Brock, my only issue is whether they would add a more elderly girl to Ash's team if they were to even attempt to do it.

Then again I want to see more non gym leader characters, because I'm not entirely sure how I feel about a gym leader being on Ash's team.

Clemont had a reason, Iris was nothing, Cilan had a reason as well.

I cannot imagine what Nessa's reason would be that would allow her to join.

So I guess my point is, age-wise I could see how she could be part of Ash's team but otherwise I'm not sure I see it. I want to see more characters, maybe they make more sense.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm not one to shy away from making a response to my fellow users...
Depends on how it looks. If they give it two sticks to fight with I'd be on board with him owning it
I have a feeling that if it exists, that it might just have a cool enough design to work... of course it would mean Ash would have to likely miss out on the regional bird for the 2nd straight region in a row, but well, we have no clue if it's Corviknight or something else entirely XD
I'm always happy for more cross-gen evolutions. Jynx should've gotten one in Gen IV, but I don't think it's ever going to happen. Maybe Dragon-type Eevee to complete the Special theme and be counterpart to Sylveon?
Ash has missed out on owning an Eevee soo many times, I have absolutely no reason to think he'll ever get one for promotional purposes. Aipom (poor thing) and Gligar were such nice add on's when it seemed Ash was strictly gonna market the new gen Pokemon, albeit they did eventually evolve into those regional variants. Although Aipom evolved under Dawn's care... and yes, I know how you feel about DP in general ^^'
I'd really love to see Ash capture an old Pokemon and permanently keep it, no releases or trade offs.... it's his forever. To show off a new form/evolution.
One of the reasons why I'm pissed they didn't give him Sandslash, always wanted to see a Sandslash on his team.... they could have even written it off easily by having Oak ask to research it if they wanted to remove it for awhile.
The real problem with Alolan forms is, while aesthetically different, they were by all intensive purposes still Kanto Pokemon. So much so, that GameFreak pretty much treated them as Kanto Pokemon. And because Ash is only allowed to promote the current Gen Pokemon, I gave up on him ever owning an Alolan form Pokemon. That being said, Sandslash would have been a welcomed addition not just from the Steel typing, but because Ash's only Ice type currently owned is Glalie.
It's not as if Satoshi usually uses all the skills that he acquires in his travels in every new region that he visits, anyway. He constantly drops his previously learned skills since he almost always starts over fresh when he heads to a new adventure, so him losing his Z-Move usage wouldn't surprise me.
The emphasis on Z-moves and the bounds with Pokemon, alongside the idea of owning a special Bracelet (Why GF calls it a Ring, I have no clue) to use them, kinda makes it hard to believe that he'll just give'em up to never use again on his journey. We know for gaming purposes he has to, but from an anime standpoint, it feels awfully forced no matter the route they take to make him give up what was essentially his badges for the region.

Leonhart

Imagineer
nuzamaki90 said:

Make it happen!

It certainly looks mischievous, but I'd rather see the Rocket-dan get it than see it become the new Eipam. Something about its color scheme reminds me of poison or venom, which I often associate with the Rocket-dan trio for some reason.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I checked when the SM anime got its first sneak peek, and it was apparently September 12th, 2016 (CoroCoro leak). So, we've got 3 months of wild speculations left for this thread. After which point the theorizing will only become slightly less crazy.

Kintaro

Banned
Nessa's design might be "too adult" for the anime, they did censor Olivia's clothes a bit. All Nessa is wearing is a small tight half shirt and very short shorts. It's actually ridiculous how fanservice the female character designs have gotten from GameFreak themselves. Like sure this is clothes you see some girls wearing in real life, but this is still a kids game.

Status
Not open for further replies.