• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Like previous threads. How do you think the first two Generation 8 games will impact the anime?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash will go to the new region, meet the new girl and the other main character (s), challenge gyms, get stalked by Team Rocket, and eventually lose the league again.

johno1995

I hope the anime keeps the character focused and light heartened tone that SM had. It is easily the most enjoyable season in a while for me. I do wish that they add more battles and whittle down the cast numbers. Go to a group of 2 or 3 main characters again, keep the focus on humor, add more battles and it'll be golden.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well there's not much to say right now....
But Ash will embark on a journey again
Gyms will return
Ash will get Sobble; From what was said I think it'd work great with him...
Scorbunny will be the Piplup/Chespin/Rowlet of the region

togenaught18

Well we know ash loves fast pokemon, so lets hype about another op fire starter lol... Ok no xD. Lets wait until then....

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Ash goes to Galar region. Meets the girl. ( Brock returns or gym leader joins him), I think Ash should get grass and water starter. Fire starter can go to girl. TRio will follow him.Hopefully Ash's 2 starters evolve fully... that's it for now.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Ash will go to the new region, meet the new girl and the other main character (s), challenge gyms, get stalked by Team Rocket, and eventually lose the league again.

Welp i hope they try something new like sun & moon but but yeah that what likely happen, Idk what so exciting about something predictable and repetitive
And i can say the female protagonist will be sidelines since there no contest like goal and anime can't handle the right goal for poke girl right after May, dawn and Iris

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I certainly think Ash will get the grass starter, and the fire starter will go to the girl. If they go down the 1 starter for Ash route, then maybe the water starter will go to the rival or something. Nevertheless with gyms returning, I can see this series be more battle orientated, but I'd like to see some character driven stuff as well, and if TR follow Ash here as well, I hope the writers do something creative with them or them help take down the organisation in the region.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Gyms returning? Check.
Ash probably traveling around Galar? Check
That cutie of a female protagonist traveling together with him? Hopefully

God that's all I wanted. Super hyped for it.

Also Ash is soooooo getting Grookey as his starter. Reminds me heavily of Chimchar. And the girl probably gets Scorbunny. And Sooble probably the second guy ala Brock, Cilan or Clemont OR maybe Ash too.

johno1995

I think all 3 starters fit Ash... could we see another OS/BW situation where he gets all three of them? I don't like that for the sake of variety, but I also think it's always for the best of the starters so one of them doesn't get shafted in marketing. Still bitter about poor Chespin.

I also really dig the male protag's outfit, especially that beanie. Ash would rock it, I think!

If I had to pick two for Ash, I'd say Sobble and Scorbunny. The girl has never gotten the grass starter, so I think it's time for that to happen!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think all 3 starters fit Ash... could we see another OS/BW situation where he gets all three of them? I don't like that for the sake of variety, but I also think it's always for the best of the starters so one of them doesn't get shafted in marketing. Still bitter about poor Chespin.

If I had to pick two for Ash, I'd say Sobble and Scorbunny. The girl has never gotten the grass starter, so I think it's time for that to happen!
Yeah. I think that Ash will get Sobble and Scorbunny while the girl gets Grooky, marking the first time that a Grass starter goes to a female companion.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So gyms are returning, i guess probably trials test in SM was not as succesfull, still was interesting at first. And please pokegirl have an active goal like may, dawn and serena or she will be in background.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
So gyms are returning, i guess probably trials test in SM was not as succesfull, still was interesting at first. And please pokegirl have an active goal like may, dawn and serena or she will be in background.
No they were successful silly! Reception was good!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Crookey and Scorbunny scream Ash Pokémon. Sobble will probably be the companion Pokémon, or a rival's.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
TBH, I am glad girl has brown eyes I am tired of blue green eyes. Sure Iris had brown eyes but, this girl probably won't be rude to Ash like Iris was.I also think we will get the girl and not female gym leader because in SM MC's are trial captains and Lillie and not female player.

Status
Not open for further replies.