• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well they did say that their Pokemon weren't HQ compatible in episode 122

Since Galar could have Ash traveling again how would they keep the Bewear gag?
I don't think Mimikyu is compatible anywhere else besides with TRio. And with Mareanie being confirmed for Galar, there's no reason to leave her behind either.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Being in the Galar Dex does not mean that Mareanie and Mimikyu are coming back. I don't think that either of them are coming back unless both of them get new crossgen evolutions in Sword & Shield.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Man now that Mareanie's confirmed to be in the dex it's seriously spiked my hope that Mareanie and Mimikyu get to stay. It'd be stupid to make them leave when they're putting such an emphasis on their bond and the fact they don't want to be separated.

That and it'd be nice for James to have more than one Pokemon again for the first time in over 10 years! -.-

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It was different back then. Aside from Meowth, Pikachu, and Wobbuffet, they hardly do region carryovers now.
“It was different back then” is a flimsy excuse. That’s essentially throwing out the possibility of Mareanie and Mimikyu returning. There’s an equal chance of them staying/returning whether you like it or not lol.

As for where Bewear would stay, why not the Wild Area? Surely they can find some place that’s decent enough for a base there. =p

catzeye

Writer's Block
I've been wondering what type tone the SwSh anime will take. With Alola's laid back feel, the slice of life tone the anime took worked well in many aspects. I'm wondering since Galar is so competitive it might take on a sports anime feel? That'd be cool in my opinion since sports anime is what really got me into anime/manga as a whole.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
I've been wondering what type tone the SwSh anime will take. With Alola's laid back feel, the slice of life tone the anime took worked well in many aspects. I'm wondering since Galar is so competitive it might take on a sports anime feel? That'd be cool in my opinion since sports anime is what really got me into anime/manga as a whole.

Lol. Now I'm already imagining Ash & Pikachu having a falling out for a while. A pokemon being injured & not being able to use it for the rest of the season. Ash suffering a crushing defeat againts somebody he will beat in the end of the saga. And a jerk rival who turns nice at the end.

& all the other sports anime cliches

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
“It was different back then” is a flimsy excuse. That’s essentially throwing out the possibility of Mareanie and Mimikyu returning. There’s an equal chance of them staying/returning whether you like it or not lol.

As for where Bewear would stay, why not the Wild Area? Surely they can find some place that’s decent enough for a base there. =p
They're now more into promoting the new games, so we get less content from the older series because they don't promote anything new (with Pikachu, Meowth, and Wobbuffet staying around because they're iconic). I highly doubt that Mareanie and Mimikyu are coming back unless they get new evolutions in Sword & Shield.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive

Not sure if you ever watched it, but I've wanted Galar to take on more of a Beyblade feel to it due to the competitive sports feel it's giving off (I'm talking about Beyblade G-Revolution. That one is the best Beyblade series hands down. Not the new stuff).

Ultra Beast Lover

Not sure if you ever watched it, but I've wanted Galar to take on more of a Beyblade feel to it due to the competitive sports feel it's giving off (I'm talking about Beyblade G-Revolution. That one is the best Beyblade series hands down. Not the new stuff).
Was that the one with the main character who had the pegasus beyblade? That's the only one I knew, after that ended CN switched to beywheels which I kinda dropped once the characters went to the desert.

DatsRight

I wouldn't mind if TR's Pokemon carried over again. It feels kinda dumb giving them only one capture each per region. I mean they're usually outclassed anyway, but at least when they have a Pokemon per twerp it doesn't feel like suicide before it's even started like it did whenever more than two protagonists battled them in XY and SM.

Plus I'd love if they did something like DP where both Mareanie AND James' Galar mon do the glomping running gag at once.

Mimikyu and Bewear are kind of arc centric though, I'm not sure if they'd carry over. I suppose Mimikyu might work if they still want something to distract Pikachu so the other twerps can have a role.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Was that the one with the main character who had the pegasus beyblade? That's the only one I knew, after that ended CN switched to beywheels which I kinda dropped once the characters went to the desert.
No, it's the one before the Pegasus guy

Master Pikachu 11

To be quite honest, I pretty much tired of the Bewear gag, so unless TR catches them, then they should stay in Alola since that is where there home is unless TR catches them

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive

No. Pretty much G-Revolution was the last story for Tyson and the original cast. Pretty much the first half of the series covers a large world-wide tournament arc where Tyson has to defend his champion title for the 2nd straight time while now having to compete against his former teammates alongside his new partner who he buts heads with at times. Though the second half of the show focuses on a new organization (really an old one from the first series) takes over the organization that runs professional blading and brings in drastic changes and tries to commercialize it. It then ends with a 5v5 tournament that the main characters take part in to save their organization.

Yeah, not perfect, but it was Beyblade at its best considering it was just a show meant to sell spinning plastic tops. And based on how Galar gyms could be handled, they could easily implement mini-tournament like events for Ash to have to win to gain access to challenge a Gym Leader since it seems like a lot of people in the games take on the Gyms.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Only reason I’m against bringing over their current party is because, aside from Wobbufett, Mime Jr. & Seviper (who eventually got bound to TR’s base), all of their crossovers have been released in some fashion

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
I sure hope it goes away.
Jessie and James never looked right outside of disguises, Ash and Brock flat out didn't at all(Still stupid how they gave him extra pockets.... in flashbacks too! -.-)! Misty was the only old character that looked decent
I'd like a new style that makes it look like Ash and the TRio belong with the new characters, similar to how the M21 art style was handled. Ash and the TRio didn't stand out compared to everyone else

I think there's a challenge adapting the Gen I artwork in a way that still looks good. Ash and Jessie in particular have design quirks designed to stand out in a 1990s landscape, and those unique characteristics (such as the thunderbolt-shaped dimples and hair) don't translate well across styles when other nuances are lost.

I'd argue Jessie started looking bad in late Best Wishes and it's just gotten worse from there.

yjDvuon.jpg

She went from lass to land shark.

I personally think Brock was just a few design tweaks from looking as good as Misty. In particular, his face was too long and horse-like. If they tightened the jaw and flattened him out I think he'd look more normal.

1WFIULR.jpg

But Ash and Jessie's struggles across design changes suggest a tweak here and there wouldn't be enough. I think the Sun/Moon artstyle is a huge step up from XY but those two need makeovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.