• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

Thing is, I want him to leave as well and be replaced by someone new, but if he's going to leave, or take up a mentor role akin to brock if they really don't want him to leave, it needs to be on a higher note than what Alola has done.

Personally I hope that the higher ups in Galar don't consider the Alola league credible, therefore Ash can't use it as a "mantle" to stand on when he goes there.

This is assuming he wins of course.

I'll say one thing, there's the saying "you don't miss something until it's gone." Sun and Moon made me feel that way about the anime's format, boring as it may be to many, i'd take that over Sun and Moon's format any day.
I learned that change can be good if it is excuted good. Not that SM was/is bad, but there are some things you can't replace like travelling or keep Ash at one place.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I learned that change can be good if it is excuted good. Not that SM was/is bad, but there are some things you can't replace like travelling or keep Ash at one place.

there's also the fact that they had too many human characters which in somewhat of a reverse of unova (Where Ash had too many new pokemon and couldn't rotate them properly as a result) by having too many human characters, captures were more spread out and Ash didn't get a full team. I get that people want Ash's traveling companions to be interesting and that's fine, but they really should stick to no more than 2-3 because it hurts Ash in the long haul.

As much as I don't like the guy, he is the main character, and he should be treated as such.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Ash wins Alola league, I bet there will be people online who'd say: "Ash won the league, replace him".
While fact is Ash will forever be here until anime stops out of financial reasons, which will never happen because Pokemon is the best selling franchise ever.

And those people will just be looking mighty stupid. Until the day comes where Ash beats a Champion, he's going to be around. There's literally nothing more you could do with him after that that hasn't been done.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I really don’t want another group of 4 in Galar. I hope we have another trio again, two traveling companions are more than enough.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really don’t want another group of 4 in Galar. I hope we have another trio again, two traveling companions are more than enough.

Never again please, I can't stand the kid companions. You can't really do anything with them...

A companion can have siblings, yes. But ones like Cilan/Misty/Lillie/Kiawe's work best

Sham

The Guardian of War
The anime is inconstant with children battling. We’ve seen children not being able to battle due to their age yet Iris had an Excadrill at what we can only assume at 6/7 years old winning tournaments.

Lightning Bolt

The anime is inconstant with children battling. We’ve seen children not being able to battle due to their age yet Iris had an Excadrill at what we can only assume at 6/7 years old winning tournaments.
That whole "you have to turn 10 to be a Pokémon Trainer" is a stupid rule from my point of view. Mainly because in the games, Preschoolers and Youngsters are literally anywhere.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I kinda hope that even if SwSh has an artstyle similar to SM, it goes back to XY's color pallete, SM's feels a bit washed out from time to time, compared to XY's VERY vibrant colors

Yes! Instead of people clamouring 'go back to the old style!' let's just combine the best of both worlds. Because you're right, XY had beautiful contrasts and colouring.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I always assumed you had to be ten to take the gym challenge. But you could use Pokémon and take part in other tournaments younger then that

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I think until then she’ll still linger in the show. She’s either getting cameos AG,BW and SM or mentions DP and BW.

She didn't receive any cameo in DP and BW just mention doesn't mean she appeared in flesh, besides the only reason she appeared in SM was 20th anniversary and LGPE remakes, there is no reason for her to return its the samw with brock, i say may deserve more love not only was better girl but also was last seen 11 years ago.
Dawn has most realistic chance of coming if DP remakes are the thing.

Sham

The Guardian of War
She didn't receive any cameo in DP and BW just mention doesn't mean she appeared in flesh, besides the only reason she appeared in SM was 20th anniversary and LGPE remakes, there is no reason for her to return its the samw with brock, i say may deserve more love not only was better girl but also was last seen 11 years ago.
Dawn has most realistic chance of coming if DP remakes are the thing.
I said she was mentioned only in DP. And regardless flashback or not she appeared in BW.
I always assumed you had to be ten to take the gym challenge. But you could use Pokémon and take part in other tournaments younger then that
Na, the anime specifically states Max and Bonnie are not old enough to train Pokémon hence why he couldn’t have Ralts and why Clemont had to catch Bonnie’s Pokémon.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I said she was mentioned only in DP. And regardless flashback or not she appeared in BW.
Na, the anime specifically states Max and Bonnie are not old enough to train Pokémon hence why he couldn’t have Ralts and why Clemont had to catch Bonnie’s Pokémon.

But was the flashback about her or brock, pretty sure the flashback was about charizard and both of them just happened to be around. S duo has no reason to come back in galar unless they are planning to make another gen 1 remakes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Never again please, I can't stand the kid companions. You can't really do anything with them...

A companion can have siblings, yes. But ones like Cilan/Misty/Lillie/Kiawe's work best

I agree that young children in the cast don't really contribute enough to justify their position in the cast, so I wouldn't want another Masato or Eureka in Galar taking up screen-time that should go to the main female traveling companion or the main male traveling companion, instead.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well SM was announced when TF arc in XY was still going on (that was the main finale there) so i dont think announcement in between the league will have that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.