• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You know Best Wishes was announced during the Sinnoh League right?
That was almost a decade ago, and things are different now. Announcing the new saga during the league will take the hype away from the league. This is why XY and SM weren't announced until after the previous saga's league was over.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
That was over a decade ago, and things are different now. Announcing the new saga during the league will take the hype away from the league. This is why XY and SM weren't announced until after the previous saga's league was over.

It really wouldn’t. It’s not like this League is well-liked or hyped up enough that the SwSh announcement would steal focus from it; if anything it’d make people more interested to see how SM ends.

nuzamaki90

That was almost a decade ago, and things are different now. Announcing the new saga during the league will take the hype away from the league. This is why XY and SM weren't announced until after the previous saga's league was over.
No I think it was because the Unova League ended 5 months before XY was announced. Maybe that was the case for the Kalos League but I doubt it. To each their own though.

If the announcement was going to be what’s left of SM, I don’t know why they wouldn’t just drop an upcoming episodes preview like usual.

D

Deleted member 384931

If Ash would retire, what I doubt, I wonder how they would handle it

Henry's Journey

So on September 1st we'll get the first trailer/teaser for SWSH anime!? HYPE!

I thought we were going to wait a bit more, as far as I recall Sun&Moon anime was announced in mid September 2016.

I'm nervous as well because of that one tweet from an anime producer I think? He said we have to get used to new changes or something like that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I thought we were going to wait a bit more, as far as I recall Sun&Moon anime was announced in mid September 2016.

I'm nervous as well because of that one tweet from an anime producer I think? He said we have to get used to new changes or something like that.
However, I don't think that they are, because that would mean that the league will end in SM137, which I don't think that they would do unless Guzma beats both Ash and Gladion in that episode, winning the whole thing in the process.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think we'll get an announcement about the next series and maybe a poster.
What if the next series has an art style similar to Crayon Shin-chan? xD
If Ash would retire, what I doubt, I wonder how they would handle it
Ash would wake up from his never-ending dream with the anime ending as he starts his real journey while walking off into the sunset

D

Deleted member 384931

I think we'll get an announcement about the next series and maybe a poster.
What if the next series has an art style similar to Crayon Shin-chan? xD

Ash would wake up from his never-ending dream with the anime ending as he starts his real journey while walking off into the sunset
I don't hope he will still be a protagonist after 40 years lol

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Anime summaries and previews are almost always over-exaggerated to hype things up, so this “major world exclusive announcement” will most likely just be a first look at the SwSh poster and maybe a little teaser trailer (I think the first genuine trailer will be on or after the 9/15 episode, as that’ll probably be the League finale & the SM trailer aired that day as well in 2016). Gloria & Allister ftw

That was a mistranslation. He was comforting an SM fan sad about the show ending, and told them to look forward to SwSh even if it took time to adjust to it.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I think that we'll just get a preview of what's left of SM, with the Galar anime being announced after SM138 or SM139.

As if they would waste an announcement for that shabby amount of SM episodes left.

It's Swosh-y time incoming.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
As if they would waste an announcement for that shabby amount of SM episodes left.

It's Swosh-y time incoming.
Mostly because the league isn't over yet, and I don't think that they would have Guzma beat both Ash and Gladion in SM137, which is the only scenario that I can see the league ending in that episode.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
But the fact that it's happened before means that it can happen again.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Anime summaries and previews are almost always over-exaggerated to hype things up, so this “major world exclusive announcement” will most likely just be a first look at the SwSh poster and maybe a little teaser trailer (I think the first genuine trailer will be on or after the 9/15 episode, as that’ll probably be the League finale & the SM trailer aired that day as well in 2016). Gloria & Allister ftw

That was a mistranslation. He was comforting an SM fan sad about the show ending, and told them to look forward to SwSh even if it took time to adjust to it.
Well if it's going to take some time to adjust to it it still means there are going to be some interesting changes, maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.