• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ok, the main theory is that the "major announcement" could be the new series. I'd say it's a fair guess and the one I'm thinking as well.

But then I wouldn't doubt if it's something related to SM or just the show in general. Sometimes Japan can hype some very mundane things (does anyone remember of CoroCoro back in the day of Gen VII news?)

Some of my guesses:

- Some hype of the final match of the league, possibly including a campaign merchandise or something of this sort. Maybe we'll get cameos of previous characters watching Ash's match?

- Countdown for the series finale, right down with the date for the last SM episode.

- Another change in timeslot. Unlikely, but you never kno
- A spin-off/mini series bridging SM and SwSh. Highly unlikely but we never know.

- A tease for what we are getting for the final episodes of SM.

- The naturally impossible option of a second anime series. That one I'm throwing just because hehe

- An air date for the next series. No title, poster or whatever. Just a date.
What big announcement? When is it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The companions honestly don't matter to me anymore, I just want Ash to be the one who receives Sobble.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Red and Blue

I doubt the announcement is for the Mohn arc. They didn't do an announcement for the Flare finale, just went straight to the preview after the Kalos finales.

TheWanderingMist

And would the Mohn arc really be a “major world exclusive announcement”? We all know it’s coming, it’s not very exclusive. TV Tokyo summaries exaggerate a lot, but there’s little chance it’s not a Galar anime announcement/teaser at this point.
Pokemon will be performed exclusively through puppetry from now on. Say goodbye to animation.

Red and Blue

I do hope we get the poster before next Sunday. I want to see if they gave Ash the beanie

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Weird they would make a big deal out of something we know is coming unless a big change will happen. Since it says world announcement maybe it is the SwSH reveal with info of it being a broadcast dub moving forward. If let's say Funi did it at least the script would not be so generic. I'm going to be so scared this entire week.

As for Ash can we just drop the hat? I just wanted shaggy haired Ash with no hat unless it is like a different kind than the generic ones

TheWanderingMist

He always wore long pants and gloves until SM
It's still weird seeing his hands so visible. I mean, the gloves thing made sense back in early OS when Pikachu shocked him constantly. Afterward it was just tradition.

Weird they would make a big deal out of something we know is coming unless a big change will happen. Since it says world announcement maybe it is the SwSH reveal with info of it being a broadcast dub moving forward. If let's say Funi did it at least the script would not be so generic. I'm going to be so scared this entire week

I seriously doubt TPCi would relinquish control of the most lucrative franchsie on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.