• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Weird they would make a big deal out of something we know is coming unless a big change will happen. Since it says world announcement maybe it is the SwSH reveal with info of it being a broadcast dub moving forward. If let's say Funi did it at least the script would not be so generic. I'm going to be so scared this entire week
Im expecting a major curve ball

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It's still weird seeing his hands so visible. I mean, the gloves thing made sense back in early OS when Pikachu shocked him constantly. Afterward it was just tradition.

I seriously doubt TPCi would relinquish control of the most lucrative franchsie on the planet.

They could just do what Sony and Disney did for Spider...ohoooh right.....

Best one would be no Ash or at the very least Ash is not the main focus at first. Like it shows us a new main only to have Ash drop in mid series for some plot reason which would be a good twist and cater to Ash lovers and the ones who want a new lead.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why??? SM was announced mid-September. This is only a few weeks earlier. I know I was arguing against it earlier, but that was before I knew the info was posted to the anime website/section of the website specifically.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I meant that the Swsh anime will be a major curve ball hehe
If we did get a protag they could take the road of the new lead not wanting to do the league for personal reasons only for it to change for some reason but sadly it will likely be Ash being over the top happy for no reason.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
If we did get a protag they could take the road of the new lead not wanting to do the league for personal reasons only for it to change for some reason but sadly it will likely be Ash being over the top happy for no reason.
Over-the-top happy? Think about how excited you are when playing a new Pokemon game for the first time. That's what Ash represents.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
A new lead would be absolutely pointless since they would be guaranteed to be a rehash of Ash. Why bother wasting time on another character that would inevitably wind up inferior to the already-iconic protagonist of an anime that promotes the biggest franchise?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Does that mean Milo is going to be the new companion (and I guess Allister but I doubt it). There’s been no other possible companions shown in the games

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Does that mean Milo is going to be the new companion (and I guess Allister but I doubt it). There’s been no other possible companions shown in the games
I don't know. I think that Milo would be too much like Brock and Cilan, and Allister is still a possibility.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I do think that Milo and Allister are the only possible choices for a male companion from the revealed characters.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I know everyone wants Marnie as Ash’s main rival (I do too), but how do you think they’ll handle Bede and Hop? I see Bede being important but more of a secondary rival- essentially a meaner Barry- and Hop looks destined to be the Hau of SwSh. Just please no Tierno/Trevor syndrome for either of them.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Gen 7:
Sep 15 2016 - 2 months before launch - Revealed the whole format and cast of characters

Gen 6:
June 30 2013 - 3 and a half months before launch - Revealed Ash is going to Kalos, that is all

Gen 5:
July 1 2010 - 2 and a half months before launch - Revealed Iris and Cilan being companions

Gen 4:
July 15 2006 - 2 and a half months before launch - Revealed Dawn being companion

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think it's safe to say that the Galar Anime is gonna be announced now and I'm hoping that Hop is gonna be a companion. I want to see more then one gym challenger this time.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I think it's safe to say that the Galar Anime is gonna be announced now and I'm hoping that Hop is gonna be a companion. I want to see more then one gym challenger this time.

I think Marnie would be better choice. Having a female gym challenger traveling with ash would be cool.

Although most people seem to dislike the idea of multiple gym challengers on the main cast

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Unless they come out and say there's still more exclusive gyms then I just see two gym challengers being pointless. Yes, 'But third version...' but who knows if we'll even get another game and just get DP remakes like in gen 6? I'd love another game and remakes, yes. But it could easily be gen 6 all over again in that regard

Unova would have worked just fine for multiple challengers;
Three brothers - Ash faces all the monkeys while Hilda faces Cilan, Pansage, and Lillipup
Both face Lenora
Ash faces Burgh but gym is destroyed as a result of TP's actions, Hilda faces Roxie
Both face Elesa
Both face Clay
Ash faces Marlon; Hilda faces Pryce
Ash faces Drayden; Hilda Iris
No Cheren cause making him a gym leader and not a rival was just stupid

But if Alistar and Bea are the only exclusives.... even if there's one more batch, you're still mostly seeing the same battle twice!
The thing that worries me most about two challengers and the same gym leader is that they'll do another Kalos and have Ash win most the gyms without losing. I'd like to see Ash struggle and lose now and then, keep him rooted in those big cities and let them get properly explored while Ash trains and prepares for a rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.