• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wonder if Oha Suta will spoil this as well.

Hey, one can hope although considering all effort made to not give more info, maybe it won't be the case.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I find the idea of Ash becoming a mentor highly ridiculous and implausible.

It's not that out of the question. What's implausible is him being a mentor type figure and not doing gyms.

I could see him offering guidance to a rival. Say a rookie trainer he meets at the start of his galar journey who ash offers advice to throughout the series.

johno1995

Hoping for S&M to bleed into SWSH ala Kanto -> Jouto. He brings an Alola ‘mon to Galar, Nyaheat evolving and sticking around as Gaogaen or Lugarugan being recognized as the Pokemon that won the Alola League. Then eventually going the way of a regular lab ‘mon after a bit of time. The former champion Pokemon helping “coach” Satoshi’s new players could help give the transition into SWSH more of a progressive weight in Satoshi’s story. Have a Galar legendary or deity “bless” his Z-Power Ring thus upgrading it to the Dynamax band like the island guardians did.

I really like this idea. Maybe the concept of having multiple regions means we will see his Alola companions traveling around the world, maybe we get segments per episode. 10 minutes with Ash's adventure in Galar, and two shorter segments covering what his former companions are doing. They'd interact with other old characters in other regions, allowing us time to catch up on old characters and see what everyone is up to. All of this could intersect and end in a climactic arc near the end of everything.

Not that I expect this. This is just the route I'd like to see this take.

Also, with three of Ash's Pokemon having Thunderbolt in SM, I'd like to see another Electric-type on his team officially in Galar... I am definitely #TeamYamper for Ash, especially if it gains a secondary typing (and has a diverse movepool) upon evolution, to help differentiate it battle-wise from Pikachu.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
If they do an "all regions" thing, we'll probably be seeing every old character.

That's for sure, but my main fear is that they'll be the main companion staying for the whole series instead getting cameos.

NesRemix

Just show the Kanto character challenging her and that's it

I don't think Misty or even Brock will ever be part of the show for an entire saga again. The anime has too much success with new female companions as seen with May/Dawn/Serena or the SM girls to go back to an old one. Plus marketing wise they always like to market the hell out of whoever the current female lead is.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I don't think Misty or even Brock will ever be part of the show for an entire saga again. The anime has too much success with new female companions as seen with May/Dawn/Serena or the SM girls to go back to an old one. Plus marketing wise they always like to market the hell out of whoever the current female lead is.
I meant just as a regular gym leader, not a companion

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's not that out of the question. What's implausible is him being a mentor type figure and not doing gyms.

I could see him offering guidance to a rival. Say a rookie trainer he meets at the start of his galar journey who ash offers advice to throughout the series.
I can't see Ash being a mentor figure unless he is aged up.

Status
Not open for further replies.