• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Ash had his chance to get eevee and/or lucario a loooong time ago.
Lucario maybe but as long as they keep making new Eeveelutions he still has a chance at a Eevee.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ash getting Sylveon would’ve fixed the issue of him not owning a Fairy type as well as not catching an Eevee, but it being too “girly” pushed it in Serena’s direction (honestly would’ve preferred it over Noivern the jobber). Nagisa is frankly pointless, and it going to Ash instead of Lana at least would’ve given it some relevance; even if there aren’t any new Eeveelutions in Galar.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Funny thing is if anime turns out to show what other characters are doing in other 7 regions that means we have to speculate what will Misty, Brock,Tracey, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Clemont and classmates will catch. Personally I can see Dawn catching something for DP remakes( if they do it next year), I can see Iris catching one more Dragon type. I can see Cilan catching one Pokemon( Serena too) and classmates would catch some Pokemon too. Also if there's gonna be Let's go Johto, some will catch Johto Pokemon too. BTW, who is currently in Johto?And who is where?
Kanto: Misty and Brock
Johto:??
Hoenn: Serena , Dawn and Iris?
Sinnoh: ??
Unova:??
Kalos: Clemont and Cilan
Alola: classmates

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Funny thing is if anime turns out to show what other characters are doing in other 7 regions that means we have to speculate what will Misty, Brock,Tracey, May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Serena, Clemont and classmates will catch. Personally I can see Dawn catching something for DP remakes( if they do it next year), I can see Iris catching one more Dragon type. I can see Cilan catching one Pokemon( Serena too) and classmates would catch some Pokemon too. Also if there's gonna be Let's go Johto, some will catch Johto Pokemon too. BTW, who is currently in Johto?And who is where?
Kanto: Misty and Brock
Johto:??
Hoenn: Serena , Dawn and Iris?
Sinnoh: ??
Unova:??
Kalos: Clemont and Cilan
Alola: classmates
Was it confirmed they will even appear?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
TBH at this point having really no real info it is hard to predict anything. I'm on the fence about everything really and even that interview I'm not reading too much into it since it is very possible she was forced to say certain things about the show by her agent to prevent things from coming out. It is common (at least in the USA) to be prepped for those things and control what you say. (For example a lot of Disney stars literally have to talk and act a certain way and are given things to say even if it is now how they feel) Not saying that is the case since maybe media in Japan is done in a more honest way idk but I'm trying not to get excited only to overhype myself. With only 5 meh more like 4 1/2 days I'm hoping the reveal is enough. I'd hate for the reveal to be very small and not really answer anything at all only for them to be like "For the full trailer join us October **"

World Turtle

They didn't reuse Kamonegi's evolution from the beta though since Negiganaito doesn't really resemble Madame. And I'm still vehemently against the idea of Satoshi getting an Eievui since he's had plenty of opportunities to get one in the past, and even if Eievui gets a new evolution in Gen VIII, I don't really see why Satoshi should own it.

They still went back to the scrapped idea of giving Farfetch'd an evolution. That is what I meant.

As long as they keep making new Eeveelutions there is always a chance he could get one. Maybe the writers are just waiting for the right one to come along? I don't know. I'm not a mind reader. None of us are. None of us really know what the writers are planning or their reasoning behind them.

As for why Ash should get it? Why does there need to be a reason? Why did they give him Muk? Glalie? Gible? Noivern? Or any of his other pokemon save for the starters?
For all we know they ask Rica (Satoshi's voice actor) what Pokemon she thinks would suit Ash best and tries to work in her picks as best they can. ...that'd actually be kind of hilarious if its true.

As for why I want Ash to get Eevee? We all have things we'd like to see Ash catch and Eevee is on my bucket list of things I want to see Ash catch that's all.

johno1995

I do feel we will get some sort of footage/trailer on Sunday, as well as official site reveals. Enough to speculate on, no doubt.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I do feel we will get some sort of footage/trailer on Sunday, as well as official site reveals. Enough to speculate on, no doubt.
All we're getting that day is just the announcement of the new anime saga. I don't think that they would reveal any new game information unless an unrevealed Gym Leader is one of Ash's companions.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash getting Sylveon would’ve fixed the issue of him not owning a Fairy type as well as not catching an Eevee, but it being too “girly” pushed it in Serena’s direction (honestly would’ve preferred it over Noivern the jobber). Nagisa is frankly pointless, and it going to Ash instead of Lana at least would’ve given it some relevance; even if there aren’t any new Eeveelutions in Galar.
No, it going to Ash instead of Lana would've meant none of the girls got a secondary until episode 108. 99 epsiodes without a secondary for any of them was problematic enough.

Red and Blue

No, it going to Ash instead of Lana would've meant none of the girls got a secondary until episode 108. 99 epsiodes without a secondary for any of them was problematic enough.
What's funny is that Lillie still doesn't have a second Pokemon and SM is almost over. Why not give her that Alolan Sandshrew or Jigglypuff?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What's funny is that Lillie still doesn't have a second Pokemon and SM is almost over. Why not give her that Alolan Sandshrew or Jigglypuff?
Yes, I'm quite bothered by that. I understood not giving her a second Pokemon until late, but seriously, it's like the writers don't want the girls to be doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.