• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I'm wondering if ash will visit pasio at some point, or if some kinda world tournament will be held in galar.

Not sure if it's the same in Japan but Pokémon masters is really popular here So I wouldn't be surprised if they did some kind of promotion for it.

Like the all regions things could be used to introduce us to the participants who get invited to the tournament. Either whole episodes dedicated to them or even just small things at the end showing them getting invited to the tournament.

The tournament itself could be held either before or after the league, and could be ash's big win if they want him losing the galar league. It would also be the perfect time for reserves to appear

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I'm wondering if ash will visit pasio at some point, or if some kinda world tournament will be held in galar.

Not sure if it's the same in Japan but Pokémon masters is really popular here So I wouldn't be surprised if they did some kind of promotion for it.

Like the all regions things could be used to introduce us to the participants who get invited to the tournament. Either whole episodes dedicated to them or even just small things at the end showing them getting invited to the tournament.

The tournament itself could be held either before or after the league, and could be ash's big win if they want him losing the galar league. It would also be the perfect time for reserves to appear
hope all Satoshi Pokemon show up and some of them could definitely evolve

World Turtle

Frankly, since it'd probably be hard to give everyone fully developed battles I'd just be happy with a battle montage of all of Ash's past Pokemon helping him through this hypothetical world tournament.

Ones who could evolve (and thus get more focus): Bulbasaur*, Squirtle*, Johto Starters (Totodile most notably), Corphish, Buizel, Gible, Unova Starters, Scraggy, Palpitoad, and Boldore.

*I know them evolving is unlikely I'm just listing them for the sake of completion.

After that we probably get Infernape, Charizard, Sceptile, Krookodile, and Greninja getting their own fights that establish why they're the strongest of their respective teams (after Pikachu of course).

Torterra and others get 'redemption battles' to make up for poor performances in the past like Noctowl did in Sinnoh.

I really like this possibility, but I don't want to get my hopes up you know?

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The way I saw it is if I didn't list them someone would bring it up that I left them off and I knew if I did list them someone of course would bring up reasons why they wouldn't evolve. I was damned either way.
I mean tbf you did say it was unlikely so it’s not like you’re expecting it.

Your original post is a great idea though

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
He meant that Ash’s Bulbasaur And Squirtle were iconic since they’re part of his original team and have established personalities.
I think Sham knows that. They’re just saying that there have been Squirtle and Bulbasaur on the main cast who have evolved.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Frankly, since it'd probably be hard to give everyone fully developed battles I'd just be happy with a battle montage of all of Ash's past Pokemon helping him through this hypothetical world tournament.

Ones who could evolve (and thus get more focus): Bulbasaur*, Squirtle*, Johto Starters (Totodile most notably), Corphish, Buizel, Gible, Unova Starters, Scraggy, Palpitoad, and Boldore.

*I know them evolving is unlikely I'm just listing them for the sake of completion.

After that we probably get Infernape, Charizard, Sceptile, Krookodile, and Greninja getting their own fights that establish why they're the strongest of their respective teams (after Pikachu of course).

Torterra and others get 'redemption battles' to make up for poor performances in the past like Noctowl did in Sinnoh.

I really like this possibility, but I don't want to get my hopes up you know?
That's literally the best way to give screentime to everyone. No voice acting, nor anything over elaborated, barely 5 minutes of scenes... something that could be done any region post DP. I had this wishful thinking about a training montage with Ash speed running around Kanto, rechallenging gym leaders + frontiers brains to prepare himself to a league. If budget is the problem, how easy it would be to the anime staff do that? Also, the annoying sight of Ash riding a garchomp when he still have to evolve his gible will never not tick me off.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
My final words before the reveal: I hope older character only appear for a couple of episodes and as little as possible and that there will be two permanent companion only and these being Galar character. And that they'll focus on Galar for about 3/4 of the series.

Well to bad I won't see or hear anything early after the reveal.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
To the surprise of absolutely no one.

I'm really looking forward getting more news about the show.

JC317

Ash and Pikachu are confirmed to be present in Galar.

Source: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1177493082729697281

I think the tweet only says what will happen to Ash and Pikachu, but given that they went out of their way to mention the duo, it's pretty likely that they will appear in the new series

Also, what is the "Beluga_Production" at the end of the tweet? I remember that 'Project Beluga' was the codename for the Pokemon Let's Go games, does that mean anything? From Google, I can only find that Beluga Production is a company in Bangkok...

Status
Not open for further replies.