• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that Ash would not have a female companion. It's leaning towards fake for me.

Konja7

It seems that they really plan to go through all the regions for this adventure of Ash (and maybe even see many legendary pokemon).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It seems that they really plan to go through all the regions for this adventure of Ash (and maybe even see many legendary pokemon).
That's gotten me worried that this actually is a reboot.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This smells like a reboot.
Yes, and I'm leaning towards this being fake due to the absence of any female characters. Not having a female companion will drive away female child fans and make them think that Pokemon is only for boys, and that's something that the anime staff wants to avoid.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Its not a reboot. Unless they randomly decide to completly change ash's backstory so that he's from galar instead of kanto

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
What if the other guy is a girl (tomboy)?

game3524

Yes, and I'm leaning towards this being fake due to the absence of any female characters. Not having a female companion will drive away female child fans and make them think that Pokemon is only for boys, and that's something that the anime staff wants to avoid.

The other character is a girl, look at the hair clip.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Its not a reboot. Unless they randomly decide to completly change ash's backstory so that he's from galar instead of kanto
The fact that Ash appears to have anime exclusive companions instead of game characters as companions like what was done in M20 and M21 suggests otherwise.

Revolver Furious Dragon

The fact that Ash appears to have anime exclusive companions instead of game characters as companions like what was done in M20 and M21 suggests otherwise.

It really doesn't

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Also, the more kiddier artstyle here suggests that the tone here is similar to SM. Also, Ash might not only travel with this unknown girl. The DP poster had Paul on it instead of Brock and Ash wasn't even on the BW poster.
If female, there could be a timeskip. The other protagonist looks like a dead-ringer for an older Mimo. The colour scheme is almost identical.
Who is Mimo?

Konja7

It is pretty possible the companion is a female.

At first, I also though the companion was male, but I start to notice some "female features".

Revolver Furious Dragon

For all we know that's not ash's companion. It could be the main rival

Konja7

For all we know that's not ash's companion. It could be the main rival

It is true the poster could be misleading.

However, the poster really wants to imply they are companions. They are traveling together in the little images of the poster (they are riding Lugia).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.