• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wouldn’t be so sure. Now he looks like your average 11 year old that were always in the stock pictures in the class school books
It's a little detail that's not important in the anime because of it's floating timeline but I hope to see it anyway in that Ash starts out his journey as an 11 year old like the games. In the games, trainers often start their journey at the age of 11 and because of this, this is a good start to look at when attempting to measure the age of a character who has grown over the years. For example, the starting age of kids going on their Pokemon journey in BW is 14 years of age. One could assume based on this that kids who are also on their Pokemon journey that the protagonist encounters are also around 14 years of age. When BW2 hits, which is two years after the events of BW, one could say that at the minimum, Pokemon Champion Iris, Gym Leader Cheren and Researcher Bianca are 16 years of age.

Interesting right? Well such information has no real importance in the anime since it operates by a floating timeline, basically Ash is immortal, but it's nevertheless would be a fun detail to see Ash starting out his journey at 11 instead of 10 like the games.

Hard to tell because they drew his eyes completely differently. Eyes look more similar to traditional art styles while the rest of his design looks like refined SM style.

latest

Like I said, Galar’s version of Ash’s face is much more narrow with larger bug eyes. SM kept the more broad Ash face, but removed the sharper lines.

I actually definitely think he looks much younger in Galar.

Galar’s design really isn’t doing him any favors imo

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
latest

Like I said, Galar’s version of Ash’s face is much more narrow with larger bug eyes. I actually definitely think he looks much younger in Galar.

Galar’s design really isn’t doing him any favors imo
I have a theory of what's happening here. I don't think Ash is as immortal as people claim he is. His age is reversing, that's why he looks so youthful and yet he also looks like he's aging backwards since XY. Who else agree with me on the Curious Case of Ash Ketchum lol?

Xuxuba

Did that really happen?! It's been years since I've seen the original series, but wow, I didn't realize that.
Yeah, there were episodes like Beauty and the Beach where an old man lusts after Misty saying he wants to have fun with her in eight years. Also James calls her flat chested and says when she is older she is might have breasts just like his (while holding his fake boobs). In the Kanghaskan Kid episode they zoom on her breasts while Tommy stares at them and asks if he can nurse on them.

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
What's wrong with the tomboy look? The games had female protagonists with tomboy looks all the way up to Gen 5 with the exception of maybe fem protag Green. If anything, it's kind of like a Pokemon tradition to have a tomboyish female protagonist, at least until Gen 6 happened.

Tomboys like Verity and Hilda are fine since they at least have some feminine features, but this new character looks nothing like a girl. Like some people here, I also mistook her for a boy until someone mentioned the hair clip.

Last edited:

World Turtle

So if this is a World Tour plot just going by the poster here: how will Ash and Scorbunny Kid catch Galar Pokemon? I mean sure the anime can just have the Galar Mons be in whatever region they're visiting, but it'd just feel weird to me if they catch Galar Pokemon and they're not in Galar.

I mean going with the idea someone said of Chairman Rose making a global event to promote the Champion Cup (like how the Hoenn Battle Frontier was spread out across Kanto but on a a larger scale) maybe they'll set up "Wild Area styled Safari Zones" in each region so participants can get Galar Pokemon. I wonder... perhaps pokemon from every region are getting Galar Forms?

Maybe the first challenge will start in Galar and Ash catches Grookey/Sobble/Early Bird
and does the first gym before going to Unova or Kalos and doing the challenge there. Rinse and repeat till he comes back to Galar to compete in the champion cup.

I wonder if Scorbunny Kid will get a pokemon from each region and make an international team to promote all eight regions? Man if they catch a Lucario over Ash the salt and nerd rage that'll come from that.....

I'm wondering are they trying to evoke an "Eight Wonders of the Pokemon World feel"? Since this is Generation Eight.

Another thought is perhaps they'll be a tournament in each region Ash needs to win before he can face the gym leader and while Ash's Galar Pokemon battle the leaders Ash will be using his pokemon from that region during the tournament itself.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't know who the Scorbunny trainer is, what their gender is (This truly is 2019), what their goal is, or why any of it matters... What I do know is Japan is notorious for this type of character design and I'm frankly amused to see where all this goes. If he's a guy, trap for days. If she's a girl, the most tomboyish character we're probably ever gonna have.

But again, 8 regions leaves this being a clusterf*** in my mind and I need a preview to see how deep it goes. Because the character aren't saving a show that can't get its focus straight.

nuzamaki90

Delia had to make some budget cuts. Money is quite tight right now in the Ketchum household.
You’d thinking winning the League would put him on some type of advanced payroll but I guess life is often disappointing

But again, 8 regions leaves this being a clusterf*** in my mind and I need a preview to see how deep it goes. Because the character aren't saving a show that can't get its focus straight.
I’m assuming Ash goes to Galar and meets this trainer first, and from then on they go on their world tour. I really don’t see the purpose so that preview/trailer is dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.