• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Watch him be Leon's VA.

World Turtle

There is talk of a Galarian Kingler because Krabby is invading the Sword & Shield secret Members Club website (it could just be them doing a pun though). I would like this it might mean we'll get to see Ash's Kingler when they go to Kanto to compare the two like they did with the Alola Forms. I'd like that he was Ash's 7th Pokemon and won him his first league fight. He deserves some attention.

Cradily17

I really hope Serena doesn't return. She was a poorly-written character that only existed to be forced shipping bait. Ash didn't even love her in return. Even Aureliashipping feels less one-sided.

Because waifus sell.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I really like the idea of a duo. In early Kanto for the first few episodes, it was just Ash and Misty which made for a funny dynamic but Brock added a balance to the group that I really appreciated. But in DP, Brock wasn't needed and it should have been just a duo of Ash and Dawn.

But Ash's interactions with Misty and Dawn make me feel like a duo could work as long as the character bounces off of him well.

And tbh, this new character looks like he'll be interesting! I'm excited to see his personality.

game3524

Yeah, I too like the idea of a duo.

It is something I wished they actually tried with in AG with Ash and May (but I fully understand why they brought back Brock and added Max). The first couple episodes of Advance were the most interesting IMO and that was mainly do to that dynamic.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd rather not have a female companion this time around if the new character isn't one. I don't want to see another performer or one type master trainer/gym leader again.

greninjamaster

You would know what would be great. New companion is a rival of Ash's that travels with him, they both take the gym challenges. Only difference is Ash will get a harder battle cause he's a champion.

Similar to how it worked in Origins where how many Pokemon you had in your party and what level they were determined what Pokemon the gym leader would use.

greninjamaster

lol you don't know that yet, the character could be disappointing for all we know, it's easy to say a character we know nothing about is more interesting than a character we know everything about

When that character is Serena as long as the other character has an actual goal and an intriguing look, they already are better then her. So yeah, I do know that new person is already better.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I think female companions returning periodically could be neat. Say, Ash & the new kid go to Johto and encounter May and Dawn there. Then they stay for a little while until Hoenn, where they can kill two birds with one stone with Serena and Iris (who, by following Rayquaza, could very well be there). It would switch up the group dynamic while still remaining entertaining, and could give us some updates about how everyone is faring.

Status
Not open for further replies.