• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield Music Appreciation Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Really liking the music so far. Gym theme takes a bit to settle in but it’s good.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Gym theme just isn’t clicking with me. I don’t know, it’s definitely a step-up from whatever they were on making the Kalos Gym theme (with its similar techno elements), but it’s okay. I like the intensity; and the overall feel matches the stadium setting. It’ll grow on me, I’m sure.

The Wild Battle theme is good. I love the remixing of a bit of the Reshiram/Zekrom track, as I feel that’s one of the legendary themes that people don’t appreciate much. It’s a little all over the place, I’ll admit, and it’s not as good as 5, 6, and 7’s Wild Battle themes, but it’s decent.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Gym theme just isn’t clicking with me. I don’t know, it’s definitely a step-up from whatever they were on making the Kalos Gym theme (with its similar techno elements), but it’s okay. I like the intensity; and the overall feel matches the stadium setting. It’ll grow on me, I’m sure.

The Wild Battle theme is good. I love the remixing of a bit of Reshiram/Zekrom track, as I feel that’s one of the legendary themes that people don’t appreciate much. It’s a little all over the place, I’ll admit, and it’s not as good as 5, 6, and 7’s Wild Battle themes, but it’s decent.
What do u think of the trainer battle music?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
What do u think of the trainer battle music?

It’s weird honestly. It just all seems...very underwhelming, with a very odd choice of instruments. After the themes in BW2-SM/USUM practically blew every prior trainer theme out of the water, this isn’t nearly as good.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It’s weird honestly. It just all seems...very underwhelming, with a very odd choice of instruments. After the themes in BW2-SM/USUM practically blew every prior trainer theme out of the water, this isn’t nearly as good.
I FULLY agree. I also think it's underwhelming :(
SM's trainer theme was amazing to be honest. This one is just... idk..

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm digging the wild battle theme. It's very catchy. I'd need to hear more of the Trainer battle theme to form an opinion on that tbh.

The Gym Leader theme... yeah... this ain't it chief.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The trainer battle theme sounds decent enough I guess. I'll be frank and say that I haven't really liked any of the soundtracks from the core games since Gen V, so maybe I'm not impressed by the Shield and Sword battle theme simply because I haven't liked much of the recent game BGM in general.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Bede’s, Marnie’s, Sonia’s, and the Gym theme are my favorites so far. The music used in the Neutralizing Gas trailer (idk what else to call it) is also nice

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I am still looking forward to hear the Motostoke theme clear and in full length. I immidiately started loving it since the February reveal and now only three weeks are left until the games are out. Could very well end up being in my top 3 city themes.