• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword & Shield Team Discussion Thread

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This is probably the first game in the series when I don't have a ground type pokemon on my team due to the lack of options and liking of the options available. Although I do have Coalossal with a ground move so I'm not totally unguarded with the type.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My team at the 6th gym's town:
Cinderace
Corviknight
Drednaw
Toxtricity
Grimmsnarl
Dreepy

All level 40. I'd type out movesets but I'm tired lol

Erron Black

The Outlaw
With my Shield completed this was my final team:

-Inteleon (Espio)
-Boltund (Breaker)
-Grimmsnarl (Azog)
-Appletun (Shizuka)
-Copperajah (Verdigris)
-Frosmoth (Alaska)

I've changed my mind on my Sword playthrough, mainly because I have been using a G-Max Corviknight pretty religiously in the post-game of Shield, so it would feel a bit repetitive using another in Sword, so this is my planned team there now--

-Cinderace
-Alcreamie
-Darmanitan
-Dragapult
-Obstagoon
-Toxtricity

Will probably do a 'mock' SBQ with it. By that, I mean I'll be breeding Dreepy, Darumaka, and Scorbunny on my Shield because well, shiny lock, and those encounter rates for Dreepy + Darumaka are... yikes...

My other two party members will probably be Drednaw and Runerigus, but I'm not sure yet.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Current team as of the first visit to Motostoke:

Sobble (Espio)
Wooloo (Bellwether)
Rookidee (Deimos)
Yamper (Raijin)
Dottler
Gigantamax Meowth

Meowth will be replaced by Sizzlipede once I catch one on Route 3. Shame Sandaconda doesn't learn Earthquake naturally as I would like to use one, Excadrill or Flygon will be my Ground-type on the team. Only one I am currently debating is my Electric-type, currently have it rounded down to trying out the Toxel line or deferring to the Galvantula line.

Sceptile254

I've just beat the seventh gym, and the team I have right now is

Intellion
Corviknight
Coalossal
Sirfetch'd
Toxtricity
Grimmsnarl

It's looking like this will be my finalised team as well.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Just started! :D Currently my teams are:

Sword
Grookey F "Taiko" Level 5

Shield
Scorbunny F "Tammo" Level 8
Rookidee M "Kogarasumaru" Level 6

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Out of curiosity, what would you all say is the canon team for either Victor or Gloria?
If were going off by the manga, "Victor" or Soudo's team appears to be themed around tools and items, him having a talent for making stuff like Grookey's stick or Sirfetchd's Large Leek. As of now he has a Sirfetch'd. "Gloria" or Tate's team appears to be themed around Dynamaxing, the girl being an expert in how Dynamax works, with some thinking she will have a team full of Gigantamax Pokemon.

MattL1222

I got me a music themed team for my sword playthrough but besides my starter, i cant decide which should be my main team and which should be on the rotation, each representing a music genre

Rillaboom (Tribal)
Toxictricty (Punk)
Obstagoon (Classic Rock)
Coalossal (Hard Rock)
Cooperjah (heavy metal)
Orbeetle (Vaporware)
Corviknight (Opera)
Grimmsnarl (Goth)
Alcremie (Pop)
Drednaw (Country)

shoz999

I got me a music themed team for my sword playthrough but besides my starter, i cant decide which should be my main team and which should be on the rotation, each representing a music genre

Rillaboom (Tribal)
Toxictricty (Punk)
Obstagoon (Classic Rock)
Coalossal (Hard Rock)
Cooperjah (heavy metal)
Orbeetle (Vaporware)
Corviknight (Opera)
Grimmsnarl (Goth)
Alcremie (Pop)
Drednaw (Country)
lol. I remember this one time I sent out Rillaboom against Obstagoon in the Dark-Type gym. With the arena it was taking place in, it look like a music stand-off, drums vs. guitar.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
My team as of getting the Grass Badge and the Toxel from the Daycare at Route 5:

Drizzile (Espio)
Corvisquire (Deimos)
Sizzlipede (Laegjarm)
Eldegoss (Gaia)
Drilbur (Rufus)
Toxel (no nickname yet, probably Nikola)

Eldegoss is pretty much a place holder until I get to the area where Impidimp is found. Only one I am not too sure about is Drilbur, not sure if stacking Fire weaknesses (once Corvisquire and Drilbur gain their Steel-types) is more problematic than Flygon's (my second choice) weakness to Ice, Dragon and Fairy.

Brendan017

I've just finished the main story and this is my final team:
1. Cinderace
2. Boltund
3. Toxtricity
4. Polteageist
5. Appletun
6. Hatterene/ Mr. Rime

It's not exactly what I planned but I like it. I wanted to use a Reuniclus and still havent found one though.

Ignition

Just beat the game!

Cinderace (Pyro Ball, Double Edge, Bounce, Double Kick)
Corviknight (Brave Bird, Iron Head, Power Trip, Hone Claws)
Drednaw (Liquidation, Rock Slide, Body Slam, Ice Fang)
Toxtricity (Overdrive, Venoshock, Boomburst, Toxic)
Grimmsnarl (Spirit Break, False Surrender, Brick Break, Bulk Up)
Dragapault (Dragon Darts, Phantom Force, Steel Wing, Dragon Dance)

All level 55

Really grew attached to this team. I don't have a clear favorite because they all held their own

Ignition

I guess today is the best day to beat Leon to pieces :p

Both of you have amazing teams. Definitely want to try most of the Pokémon on them on later runs

shoz999

I think for my next playthrough, it's going to be...

Inteleon
Runerigus
Darmanitan
Hattene
Falinks
Duraludon