• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword & Shield Team Discussion Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Now that more new pokemon have been shown the regional dex is slowly being revealed, I figured it was time this thread popped up.

Feel free to post the pokemon you plan on having on your team(s), whether in already seen or you're hoping ends up in the game. Personally, I've already decided that I'm choosing Scorbunny as my starter, and Corviknight will eventually end up on my team. I've also decided to have Dusknoir, since Duskull can [presumably] be found early on near the broken tower in the Wild Area.

CONFIRMED TEAM
1. Scorbunny
2. Dusknoir
3. Corviknight

POSSIBLE ADDITIONS
1. Eldegoss
2. Ninetales
3. Bronzong

HOPEFULLS
1. Alolan Ninetales
2. Aegislash
3. Grumpig
4. Spiritomb
5. Jynx

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Confirmed
Sobble
Corviknight
Wooloo
Zacian
Maybe
Meowstic (Female)
Golurk
Bewear
Whatever Pokémon get revealed in E3.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Definitely getting:
Scorbunny
Corviknight

Not sure if Corviknight is the final evolution of the regional bird and if Wooloo is supposed to be the early game Normal Type. Eldegoss is a maybe depending on if it has an evolution

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Still have only decided on Grookey for my team. Gossifleur is an obvious no since I have a grass type in the form of my starter.

SoulRebel726

I plan on winging it for the most part. My first run through a new game, I usually just go with my favorite starter and pick up whatever pokemon seem cool along the way. I may look up a couple of things about halfway through if I feel like the pokemon I picked have bad move pools or something. Chances are there will be something that throws my plan out of whack if I commit to a team this early, like it being available really late game, having a weird evolution mechanic (for new pokemon), finding another one that I didn't know about that I like better, etc.

That said, I'm leaning heavily towards Team Sobble at the moment. Corviknight looks dope, but I'll want to see what the deal is with it's pre-evos first. I do love me some Larvitar, and having a dynamaxed Tyranitar seems fitting, so I'll keep that one in mind if I still have space after checking out some of the new pokemon.

MalcolmBelmontS

I have no idea when Corvinknight will be available....but as of right now i am leaning towards

1. Sobble
2.Corvinknight

But that's likely going to change.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm leaning between Sobble and Grookey at this point. Along with Corvinknight and Wooloo.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
As much as I want to add Corviknight to my team like everyone else, I fear that it'll either be only catchable towards the end of the game (Noibat), or it's pre-evolution will be attainable somewhat early on, but it'll be fairly weak and won't evolve until level 45 (a slightly better version of Rufflet and Braviary). That being said, I never used a Golett before, and if I can get one of those early on, that'd be sweet. I'm GrookeyGang all the way.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Only ones I got my eyes set on so far are Sobble and Corviknight. Will have to see how Eldegoss will be like as it is tempting to fall back to the Roserade line (my typical choice for a Grass-type when it is available).

Sabre_King

Based on the Pokémon revealed so far my first play through would be Grookey, Corviknight, and Drednaw, I may replace Drednaw if Grookey becomes part rock or if there’s a better water type to use down the road it Grookey and Corviknight are my permanent team so far

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Corviknight's definitely one of the Pokemon I want on my team. As for the rest, not quite sure. As much as I like all the starter Pokemons, I want to wait for what the Final Evolutions look like. I'm pretty sure a lot of people weren't expecting what the Alolan Starters would evolve into.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Mostly Confirmed:
Sobble

Hopefully:
Eldegoss
Bronzong
Corviknight

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm currently planning on role-playing for Sword & Shield by thinking of a backstory & everything for my character. I'm still waiting until I see the version exclusives to figure out which game I'm getting, but I at least have two pokémon figured out:
  • Scorbunny (Beckham)- I kind of want to have a sports team motif for my team so Scorbunny's going to be my starter hands down. Even if it becomes a Fighting type, I feel like this pokémon is perfect for my ace
  • Wooloo- After reading about how Wooloo are highly complacent, I was thinking of adding it to my team since I can see my character's backstory of spending most of their life on a Wooloo farm but dreams of going out and becoming a great pokémon trainer. Plus, Wooloo could be seen as a parallel to Scorbunny due to how the latter could reflect my character's goals and dreams, as well as their clashing natures and personalities (plus I could really emphasize this if I get a Wooloo with Fluffy). As for the sports team motif, Wooloo could either be the goalie or the ball depending on what it could possibly evolve into.

Possible Additions:
  • Tsareena
  • Bewear
  • Dreadnaw
  • Throh
  • Sawk
  • Golurk

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Currently my team for Sword would be:
- Sobble
- Wooloo
- Eldegloss

i always go with the water starter on my first run, they're usually my favourite. The other two i fell in love with instantly, very nice designs.
For pokemon shield, still on the fence if i'm getting the second one or not, plenty of time to figure that out anyhow. My team would basically just consist of either just grookey or both grookey and scorbunny. It depends on how much i like their final evo.
Neither the new bird or turtle quite interested me to put them on a team, tho i did like their designs very much.

Frostfall

So far, my starter will be either sobble or scorbunny. Still waiting on their final evolutions to decide. What will be in my team depends on what gets revealed, but confirmed pokemon that are often my team members include Lucario, Gengar, and Charizard, and Hydreigon. Just depends on what else I pick and what I need to get a good balance. As for newer pokemon, I'll likely keep a wooloo around for a little while at least. Assuming it's an early route pokemon, I'll be sad to box it when I need stronger creatures. I may not know until I play with particular new pokemon how I enjoy their play style as well so plans laid out early tend to change.

Secondary choices for team members could include Arcanine, Flygon, Haxorus, Ninetails or Milotic. Like their designs, just a bit less likely to use them on a regular basis.

Cloud5001

Alright so in an attempt to help calm things down what Pokemon do people have in mind for their teams already.

New Pokemon:
Scorbunny ( depending on how the evolutions turn out)
Corviknight
Drednaw
Impiden
Yamper

Old Pokemon:
Pikachu (always)
Lucario
Flygon
Milotic
Gyrados
Excadrill
Butterfree
Seismitoad
Haryima
Aggron

I know there’s more I want but that’s just off the top of my head.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Alright so in an attempt to help calm things down what Pokemon do people have in mind for their teams already.

New Pokemon:
Corviknight
Drednaw
Impiden
Yamper

Old Pokemon:
Pikachu (always)
Lucario
Flygon
Milotic
Gyrados
Excadrill
Butterfree
Seismitoad
Haryima
Aggron

I'm probably likely to get Yamper on my first playthrough. Can't see a reason not to as of now.

Pikachu111213

Traveler

New Pokemon:
Corviknight
Drednaw
Impiden
Yamper

Old Pokemon:
Pikachu (always)
Lucario
Flygon
Milotic
Gyrados
Excadrill
Butterfree
Seismitoad
Haryima
Aggron

For me, Sobble, Corviknight, and honestly, Grookey. Unless there’s things I like more, I may just catch a version exclusive and put it up on the gts for a Grookey (assuming the gts is still a thing, which I’m pretty confident about). As for old Pokémon, I’m certainly happy to see Charizard, Pikachu, and others sticking around but I don’t want to use old Pokémon in my first playthrough for this game. That way, everything about the experience is new to me :) With that said, if there are evolutions for old Pokémon or regional variants that were impressive enough for me, I’d be open to using that (that’s what happened to me with Sinnoh once I saw Gliscor lol, though I was unhappy to find it was unavailable until the post game)

Cloud5001

For me, Sobble, Corviknight, and honestly, Grookey. Unless there’s things I like more, I may just catch a version exclusive and put it up on the gts for a Grookey (assuming the gts is still a thing, which I’m pretty confident about). As for old Pokémon, I’m certainly happy to see Charizard, Pikachu, and others sticking around but I don’t want to use old Pokémon in my first playthrough for this game. That way, everything about the experience is new to me :) With that said, if there are evolutions for old Pokémon or regional variants that were impressive enough for me, I’d be open to using that (that’s what happened to me with Sinnoh once I saw Gliscor lol, though I was unhappy to find it was unavailable until the post game)

Hehe understandable it’s just for me Pikachu’s my favorite Pokemon so the second I get him he never leaves my party.