• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword & Shield Team Discussion Thread

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I'm not sure anymore. Need more revealed first to get a better idea. But so far, I know I want Sobble as my starter. Eldegoss looks nice. I like Corviknight and Wooloo, but I'm not sure if Wooloo will have an evolution. Alcremie is strangely adorable, so... Hmm.

shadowF

I'm not sure anymore. Need more revealed first to get a better idea. But so far, I know I want Sobble as my starter. Eldegoss looks nice. I like Corviknight and Wooloo, but I'm not sure if Wooloo will have an evolution. Alcremie is strangely adorable, so... Hmm.

Same, I know I want Sobble as my ace and Corviknight as well. Impidimp possibly if it evolves to something cool and maybe Duraludon.

Pokemon Shield Team:
Scorbunny, for now
Drednaw, probably be the only pokemon I care about Dyna/Gigamaxing so far.
Duraludon, really hope it is a three evolution pokemon but if not will still use. Kinda looks like it will be a late in the game grab pokemon though.

Most likely change later on.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is what I'm thinking of my team for the time being. I'll wait until more of the new & old pokémon are revealed to make a final decision:

Main Team:
  1. Scorbunny
  2. Yamper
  3. Rolycoly
  4. Tsareena
  5. TBA
  6. TBA
Reserves:
  • Duraladon, Wooloo
Pending:
  • Drednaw, Impidimp, Seismitoad, Maractus, Throh, Sawk, Hitmontop, Goodra

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
With the new Pokèmon, I’m really considering Rolycoly & Duraludon. If the former ends up as a Fire type, I’ll unfortunately be unable to use it as I’ll have Scorbunny. The latter is probably the pseudo and I tend to use the pseudo plus I’m all for unconventional Dragon Type designs and I haven’t used a Steel Type on my team besides Aegislash

Leonhart

Imagineer
I couldn't tell whether I liked Jurarudon (Duraludon) or not when I first saw its design a few days ago, but now I'm thinking that it might be something that I'd consider using on my team in Shield version since I like its type combination.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Since I've recently upgraded my purchase to Dual Pack, I'm almost safe to say I'll pick Sobble and Scorbunny based on what we've seen so far.

Whichever I'd main, I plan to use Wooloo and Yamper as must-additions to my early team. I'm also considering a Steam Engine Rolycoly to use in doubles with Scorbunny in early stages, as well.

Leosnake

CONFIRMED TEAM

I want to use a mixed of new gen 8 Pokemon and old ones I either haven't used at all or in a long time (at least two gens back min).

1. Yamper
2. Lanturn
3. Corviknight

POSSIBLE ADDITIONS
1. Jangmo-o or Goomy depending on which version I go with.
2. Duraludon
3. Wooloo
4. Alcremie

CONFIRMED FAVOURITES I WILL CATCH

1. Ninetales
2. Arcanine
3. Manetric
4. Flygon
5. Noivern
6. Haxorus
7. Umbreon

HOPEFULLS
1. Alolan Ninetales
2. Lycanroc
3. Mightyena
4. Alolan Muk
5. Luxray
6. Zigzagoon

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Duradulon and Rolycoly seems to becoming contenders for my team... Ugh, my team is almost complete now haha
Scorbunny, Yamper, Corvknight, Rolycoly and Duradulon. 4 members to go.... Thank god I've got 2 more characters planned out.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm probably only gonna use new Pokemon, so:

Scorbunny
Regional bird (please be Corviknight's line)
Rolycoly
Corviknight (if not regional bird)
Unrevealed mon
Zamazenta

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Planning out a team this early is virtually impossible for me, so here’s just a list of Pokémon that have a good chance of accompanying me:

Sobble
Yamper
Rolycoly
Bewear
Corviknight
Impidimp

It will be adjusted as more Pokemon are revealed, but here is my current plans. I normally fully establish my final team by the mid-game so I'm doing this with that in mind.

Fully evolved Sobble
Mimikyu
Yamper
Alcremie
Gardevoir/Gallade (whatever gender I get)
Vespiquen

If it's possible in the early or mid-game with their pre-evolutions, one of the above might get switched out for one of the below.
Corviknight
Golisopod
Hydreigon (am going to play Sword)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Depends on what version Lapras is in. I'm leaning towards Shield now. But I hope to get both when I can.

DSDark

Breeder
While it's still really early to make any decision on my team. I only use 4 Pokemon to train, one to evolve to complete the Dex and the last is for catching other Pokemon so they know false swipe or hold back. However:

Starter: Scorbunny final evolution (fire/
Impidimp final evolution (dark/fairy)

Might use
Duraludon

Only need to find one to two more Pokemon

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Steel-types are my favorite so I just don't know who to choose for my first Pokemon team! Corviknight or Duraludon. To be honest both typings have their great advantages, flying-type is probably more better than the dragon one. Really curious how these two Pokemon will turn out.

R0shan

Arcaknight
From my current team, assuming the rest of these Pokemon don't make it to Sword:

1. Arcanine
2. Swampert --> Drednaw
3. Vikavolt --> Grookey final evolution
4. Weavile
5. Haxorus
6. Mega Pidgeot --> Corviknight (Gigantamax)
7. Unknown Gen 8 reserve