• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword & Shield Team Discussion Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think I’m going with:
-Scorbunny
-Corviknight
-Obstagoon/Pseudo
-Grass Type
-Water Type
-Yamper/Electric Type

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
I was drawn to Sobble at first, but after coming back with fresh eyes, I know I am going to pick Grookey. I want to do a mono type for this game, and my three favorite types have always been Rock, Ground, and Grass, so I will probably be monotyping grass unless Grookey's final evo opens the door to something else.

As dope as Eldegoss looks, I would be more than ok with a grass monotype ha ha. Just please, PLEASE, do not let Grookey end up a Grass/Fighting type. I might even do a split team based on whatever his typing is.

Julia Artemis

If I had to pick from the new pokemon we've seen so far my team would be:

For Shield

Sobble final evo
Corviknight
Galarian Rapidash
Duraludon
Yamper evo
Eldegoss

For Sword
Grookey final evo
Cramorant
Poulteageist
Rolycoly evo
Galarian Weezing
Obstagoon

But obviously this is subject to change since we only know like 25 new pokemon

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I have been considering a team so far, but I have been actually thinking about reworking it. (Even though we only know a small number of the new Pokémon, this is my idea. Obviously, this may change.)

Previously: Sobble's evolution, Corviknight, Impidimp, Galarian Rapidash, (with two unknown spots).
Currently considering (not sure yet on this): Sobble's evolution, Impidimp, Galarian Rapidash, Duraludon (with two unknown spots).

I figured through the weaknesses, and IF Galarian Rapidash is indeed Psychic/Flying, then I would have two flying types on my team (I'm not against having multiples of the same type generally though), both with an electric weakness. Adding in Sobble's evolution (especially IF it is indeed Water/Ghost or something that does not cancel out Electric), that makes half my team weak against Electric (and we have no Ground types revealed yet). My new idea cuts out one of those without adding a different multiple-weakness, and swapping out Corviknight for Duraludon instead of simply adding Duraludon would prevent two Pokémon weak to Fire from having two Steel types.

Again, I'm not entirely sure if I will even go with any of these Pokémon (besides probably Sobble's evolution), but I still may.

I ve decided to have Shield as my main game I love both Zacian and Zamazenta, but Zamazenta is growing on me more and I want to use a Tyranitar haven't used one since crystal.

My team for shield will be

1.Sobble
2.Arcanine (My Pikachu of the team he's always going to be on my main game team)
3.Tyranitar
4.Wooloo
5.Galarian form
6.Hopefully grass type

If I decide to get sword then my team might be

1.Grookey
2.Pangoro
3.Gengar
4.yamper
5. Galarian form
6.ice type

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I was thinking Sobble + Evolution, Toxicroak, and Corviknight for right now, but I will be switching in and out from time to time, especially with another implied exp. share.

Edit: Also, a Galarian form/evolution of some sort.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer
I haven't decided on the version or what starter I'm getting yet, so some is up in the air, but I have a couple of pokemon I would like to use at this point in time:

- Starter
- Corviknight
- Noivern
- Togekiss (Sword) / Galarian Rapidash (Shield)
- Undecided
- Undecided

Pokemon I might use for the last two slots: Gallade, Wooloo (evo/s), Aegislash, Chandelure, Weavile, an eeveelution I haven't used yet/recently (Jolteon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Sylveon), or anything I spot that takes my fancy or creeps into my heart (like blissey or magnezone did last gen lol)

I was planning on doing a mono-flying team if there were enough flying types I liked (and if galarian rapidash is part flying), but that's on hold till the dex is released/leaked ^ ^"

ebevan91

I'm going with Sobble but after that I'm not sure. I would like to use Eldegoss and Rolycoly too but with so few new Pokemon revealed I think I'm just going to wing it and capture whatever of the new Pokemon I like and use them.

Hanto

Water Addiction
I always used to wondertrade to the death since that feature became available in the early stages of the game (preordered Shield), so possibly would end up with:
- Sobble
- Grookie
- Scorbunny
- Corviknight
- Galarian Ponyta
- Morpeko

2dtyplosion

My Sword team so far is

Scorbunny
Corviknight
Impidimp
Polteageist

I'll leave room for the regional bug and something else.

Autobot N

If those leaked starter evolutions are true, then goodbye Sobble. That Intelleon looks horrible.
With that in mind, my team is now:

Grookey
Mew
Hydreigon
Sirfetched
Lapras or Golisipod (if there isn't a new Water type that I like)
Corvinknight or Aegislash (if there isn't another new Steel type that I like)

axelme

what my team would look like right now:

corvilknight
alcremie
wooloo
the new red fox
the new elephant
polteigeist

Autobot N

how do you do that?. i've never done a spoiler tag before
[SPOILER =“title”][/SPOILER], but without the space between R and =.

Example:
Don’t let this distract you from the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
My main team for now is still:
Sobble
Yamper
Corvknight
G. Weezing

and 2 reserves being
SirFetch'd (still on a thread though, depends on the rest of the Dex)
Impidimp (could go to main if he evolves into something worth using.)

My team for Shield so far is:

Sobbles final evo
Arcanine
Tyranitar

Possible members depending on type/evos

Wooloo
New fox
Galarian ponyta or another Galarian form
Grass type
Corvinight

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan