• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword & Shield Team Discussion Thread

NeedsAName

Here is my story team for 1st playthrough~

EFL3q8P.jpg

What's the blue and purple thing?

ebevan91

I have no idea what I want on my team anymore. Normally on my first playthrough I use a team of all new Pokemon, which I'll probably do here, but I might throw in a Galarian form/evolution Pokemon too. Heck there are a bunch of OLD Pokemon I've never used before that are in these games that I kinda want to use. Maybe on a second playthrough.

There are sooooo many Pokemon I want to use!

Orphalesion

I have no idea what I want on my team anymore. Normally on my first playthrough I use a team of all new Pokemon, which I'll probably do here, but I might throw in a Galarian form/evolution Pokemon too. Heck there are a bunch of OLD Pokemon I've never used before that are in these games that I kinda want to use. Maybe on a second playthrough.

There are sooooo many Pokemon I want to use!

Personally, for the purpose of All-New Pokemon playthroughs I consider Regional Forms new Pokemon . They look different, they have different typings and move pools. That's good enough for me.

Orphalesion

No conrete idea yet, the only ones that are in for sure are:

1)Rillaboom
2)The Divacorn (G.Rapidash)

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Is there somewhere people are getting these transparent images of the new Pokemon?

I know I could probably do this in Photoshop but....I don't want to. :p
I'm going to post mine later, but I had to rip them in Photoshop. Maybe someone will be nice enough to rip them all later?

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'm skipping SwSh, but I thought it'd be neat to build a hypothetical team.

Intellion
Corviknight
Thievul
Centiskorch
Dragapult
Grapploct

Good thing there were designs I actually liked >>

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I usually run an all Fairy team, but I am not feeling the Fairy types this time around so here it is (depending on stats and movepools):

1. Appletun (Grass/Dragon)
2. Grimmsnarl (Dark/Fairy)
3. Frosmoth (Bug/Ice) or Mr. Rime (Ice/Psychic)
4. Galar Stunfisk (Ground/Steel)
5. Cursola (Ghost)
6. Pinchurchin (Electric)

Nodame

Misty <3
My team is in my signature, what do you guys think? I know it's not balanced but who cares if they're adorable.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
I'll admit I'm not one for team planning, there's a lot of leaked pokemon I'm very interested in using but in the end it will all depend on how late/early they are found in the game. If it's a situation like Alolan Sandshrew and Alolan Vulpix, where they are found far too late for me to seriously consider adding them to my team I wont use them until my second play through, where I'll be able to breed them and then trade them to myself through one of my irl Pokemon friends or Home.

These are my potential team plans. My first playthrough will be Shield, my second on Sword. I want to pick Scorbunny in Shield. I want to pick Grookey in Sword but that may change to Sobble if I don't like the way its evolutions play. (During Gen 7 I wanted to use Rowlet in my second playthrough but changed to Litten because of Decidueye's move pool)

Shield
1) Cinderace
2) Corviknight
3) Grapploct
4) Arctovolt
5) Galarian Weezing
6) Runerigus

Sword
1) Rillaboom
2) Glarian Stunfisk
3) Coalossal
4) Grimmsnarl
5) Toxitricity
6) Sirfetch'd or Dragapult

Last edited:

Brendan017

Ok I havent checked every leak but based on what I have seen my team would most likely be:
1. Cinderace
2. Boltund
3. The fox pokémon
4. Polteageist
5. Obstagoon/ Grimmsnarl
6. ? - will keep this slot open for others I might like but Wooloo evo and Alcremie are candidates too.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
With the new info:
Intelleon (guaranteed)
Frosmoth (guaranteed)
Dracozolt (guaranteed hopefully)
Runerigus (new Galar!Yamask exclusive Evolution)
Appltetun (guaranteed hopefully)

Potentials:
Claydol
Bronzong
Centiskorch (trade with my boyfriend who is getting Sword only)
Coalossal
Acrtozolt
Dracovish
Yamper and its evolution
Alcremie
Mr. Rime
Eldegoss
Corviknight
Zamazenta (if I feel like using it)
Eternatus (same with Zamazenta)
Galar Weezing
Galar Rapidash
Wooloo and its evolution
Sandaconda
Copperajah
Stonjourner
Falinks
Pincurchin
Ideedee (male)
Obstagoon
Nickit line
Hattena line

Phew, that's a lot of potentials for the last slot! There's a bunch of Pokémon I like this Gen along with returning Pokes.

Any starter
Centiskorch
Arctozolt

Potentials to fill remaining slots:
Runerigus
Claydol
Bronzong
Frosmoth (trade with my other file using boyfriend's Switch)
Coalossal
Dracozolt
Dracovish
Yamper and its evolution
Alcremie
Mr. Rime
Eldegoss
Corviknight
Zacian (if I feel like using it)
Eternatus (same with Zacian)
Galar Weezing
Galar Rapidash (trade)
Wooloo and its evolution
Sandaconda
Copperajah
Stonjourner
Falinks
Pincurchin
Ideedee (male)
Obstagoon
Nickit line
Hattena line

Claydol
Bronzong
Runerigus
Sigilyph
A fossil mon
Sandaconda, Stonjourner, or Golurk

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Before the full dex was leaked (assuming it's 100% accurate) I had put together some team ideas based on the designs of new Pokemon that I liked, but seeing as many of the ones I wanted to use don't come up until late game, I've had to re-jig my team ideas a bit. My current plan is:

SHIELD:
1) Cinderace
2) Dubwool (which I may or may not swap out for Copperajah later on)
3) Dreadnaw
4) Tsareena
5) Galvantula (I really wanted to use Frosmoth, but it looks like it's not available until very late game, and I usually like to have a full team before the end of mid-game)
6) Galarian Rapidash (though I may use Gardevoir as a temporary Psychic/Fairy tem member until it becomes available)

SWORD:
1) Rillaboom
2) Corviknight
3) Bolthund
4) Golurk
5) either Lapras or Wishiwashi, whichever is easiest to find
5) Centiskorch (though I may use Growlithe as a temporary Fire-type team member if there's a long wait to get Sizzlipede)

Last edited:

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
I'm kinda torn on keeping my teams as i have them now, with not too much type overlap while still using my favourites, or having types overlap and have a thematically fitting team. I usually go with the latter. Hmm, decisions, decisions,..

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Here’s my current planned team:

Intelleon
Toxcicity/Boltund
Centiskorch
Sirfetch’d
Aegislash
Indeedee/Alcremie

As you can see, I’m still a little undecided on my second and last members. When stats/move pools are finally leaked then I’ll be able to make a decision.

TrainerFuurin

What's the blue and purple thing?
Yeah, it's Toxitricity non-charged form.

Is there somewhere people are getting these transparent images of the new Pokemon?

I know I could probably do this in Photoshop but....I don't want to. :p
I did that in Photoshop myself T_T

Autobot N

With the knowledge that
Copperjah is Steel type
, my team has been updated again:
Rillaboom
Mew
Hydreigon
Sirfetch’d
Copperjah
Silvally (if Silvally isn’t available until the postgame, then probably Golisopod

Sabre_King

I like to to base teams around each starter because I would love to use each starter at least once. These are in the order of the play throughs I would do.

Rillaboom
Corviknight
Dracovish
Coalossal
Toxtricity
Grimmsnarl

Cinderace
Drednaw
Flapple/Appletun (depending on stats)
Morepeko
Copperajah
Hatterene