• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword & Shield Team Discussion Thread

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Hey question guys. If the Angry Scottish Lass becomes canon in Pokemon Adventures, what Pokemon do you think she could get?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
This is looking to be my final team:

Intelleon
Nickname: Romanoff or Espionage
Torrent
-Snipe Shot/Dark Pulse
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-U turn/Surf/Muddy Water/Air Slash

Toxtricity Amped form
Nickname: Fold
Punk Rock
-Overdrive
-Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
-Boomburst
-Nuzzle/Toxic/Shift Gear

Centiskorch
Nickname: Centi
White Smoke
-Fire Lash
-Lunge
-Leech Life
-Will o Wisp

Sirfetch’d
Nickname: Norberto
Steadfast
-Close Combat
-Leaf Blade
-First Impression/Knock Off
-Swords Dance

Aegislash
Nickname: Excalebur
Stance Change
-King’s Shield
-Shadow Sneak
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance/False Swipe

Indeedee male
Nickname: Dee
(Hopefully) Psychic Surge
-Psychic
-Psyshock/Protect
-Hyper Voice/Tri Attack
-Dazzling Gleam

shoz999

1 Starter Pokemon. 1 Gigantamax Pokemon. 1 Galarian Regional Variant Pokemon. 1 Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon. The rest are whatever I find interesting.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hey question guys. If the Angry Scottish Lass becomes canon in Pokemon Adventures, what Pokemon do you think she could get?

Anything with Anger Point, Berserk, Competitive, Merciless, Moxie, Reckless, Rivalry, Rock Head, Scrappy, Sheer Force, Steadfast, or Unnerve. Also...

...Gorilla Tactics, Power Spot, Stalwart, or Steely Spirit.

shoz999

Anything with Anger Point, Berserk, Competitive, Merciless, Moxie, Reckless, Rivalry, Rock Head, Scrappy, Sheer Force, Steadfast, or Unnerve. Also...

...Gorilla Tactics, Power Spot, Stalwart, or Steely Spirit.
You know what this reminds me of lol. There's a main character who is so serious that each and every one of his Pokemon team members has the serious nature. That's just how serious he is lol.

thepostmanp

I'm thinking of using a trick room team for my post game/online battling... Those that have looked in to the movesets and stats more than me - do any of the new Pokemon stand out as a trick room setter? Is it still a TM?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I have two tentative builds that I plan on trying out. EV spreads are liable to change. I'm leaning towards the first team as the second team is quite weak to Bisharp.

These contain datamine spoilers.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish - Mirror Armor
248 HP, 252 Def, 8 Sp. Def
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Defog
-Taunt / Spite

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Calm - Regenerator
248 HP, 8 Def, 252 Sp. Def
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes
-Recover
-Haze

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy - Iron Barbs
252 HP, 208 Sp. Def, 56 Def
-Gyro Ball
-Spikes
-Protect
-Leech Seed

Cursola @ Leftovers
Calm - Perish Body
248 HP, 8 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
-Hex
-Will-O-Wisp
-Strength Sap
-Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold - Unaware
-Moonblast
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish - Sand Stream
252 HP, 80 Def, 176 Sp. Def
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Roar
-Slack Off

Shuckle @ Custap Berry
Bold - Sturdy
-Sticky Web
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Encore

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly - Moxie
88 HP, 252 Attack, 168 Speed
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Bounce
-Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly - Sand Rush
252 Attack, 4 Def, 252 Speed
-Earthquake
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid - Cursed Body
4 Def, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Wave
-Focus Blast
-Nasty Plot

G-Darmanitan @ Salac Berry
Jolly - Zen Mode
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Icicle Crash
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Belly Drum

Indeedee-M @ Choice Scarf
Timid - Psychic Surge
252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam
-Trick

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
There are so many good pokemon this time around i'm having legit difficulties fitting them into 3 teams (one for each starter) i keep shuffling them around, then replacing one here and one there. Never had this much difficulty before^^ Especially with the lower amount of new pokemon.

shoz999

This is a pretty tough one and even though I came up with a team, I'm still quite not sure.

Team planned for now
Rillaboom - Grass
Orbettle - Bug/Psychic
Dragovault - Dragon/Ghost
Boltund - Electric
Eiscue - Ice
Sirfetch'd - Fight

It's missing coverage of fire, electric and fairy types. Not only that but Boltund was originally Morpeko and Eiscue was originally Galarian Darmanitan with Sirfetch'd originally being Corviknight. Still thinking of changing it.

Rapiido

I can't seem to wind it down to 6...

Inteleon/Barraskewda
G-Rapidash
Coalossal/Centiskorch
Corviknight
Frosmoth
Toxtricity
Sandaconda

I do wanna use G-Rapidash but..... its Galarian moveset is just bad for its stat spread. Play Rough, Zen Headbutt and Psycho Cut are the ONLY Stab physical moves it gets??

Orphalesion

I do wanna use G-Rapidash but..... its Galarian moveset is just bad for its stat spread. Play Rough, Zen Headbutt and Psycho Cut are the ONLY Stab physical moves it gets??

The problem is really that there aren't enough physical fairy moves. Excluding Z-Movies there really is just Play Rough and
Grimsnarl's new signature move

I mean it's ridiculous. That type needs some physical moves!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I will likely be searching the entire Wild Area for a Milotic.

I honestly do not want to continue the gym challenge until I get one.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm thinking of using a trick room team for my post game/online battling... Those that have looked in to the movesets and stats more than me - do any of the new Pokemon stand out as a trick room setter? Is it still a TM?

Indeed, it's still a TM. As for whom you'd want to have Trick Room on, it really depends on what the rest of your team is like. Different Trick Room Pokémon are best for different situations.

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
OMG I am so disappointed with the starters this time around. Usually I would bring over all starters into my team. Looking at their moves it looks like they are the weakest starters ever. No dual typing and most moves are single types. I might just replace them with Appletun, Coalssal and Drednaw...

shoz999

OMG I am so disappointed with the starters this time around. Usually I would bring over all starters into my team. Looking at their moves it looks like they are the weakest starters ever. No dual typing and most moves are single types. I might just replace them with Appletun, Coalssal and Drednaw...
Johto Starters - Am I a joke to you?

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
F poofing.
I preordered Shield last minute! Gonna get it tomorrow when I can. I'm hoping a Recent Happenings Thread will be up sometime so that I can indulge in my liveblogging urges here as well as Twitter.

A starter doesn't need duel typing to be "stronger" than other starters. I don't get this logic I'm seeing. They're around the same average BST as almost every other one for one thing so they aren't weak statwise, and being monotyped does not = weaker starter by default. Heck, it's been what, almost 20 years or so since we've even had all-monotyped starters. Like... Johto starters? Hello? Did people just forget they exist or were ALL monotyped?
Cinderace's moveset is pretty fricking varied outside the level up set. It can literally counter its water (Albiet its Sp atk is really weak to even do it unless you have the speed strat to use that Electroball even remotely right) and rock weaknesses and has a literal Protean HA with a different name. Alongside a signature move that has Fire Blast's power but is more accurate and is the strongest out of the Galar starter signature moves in Base Power. Idk how you can call that weak.