• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

P

pokéfan176

Ok, I have a question.
Can you play a Stadium card and a Supporter card on the same turn?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
4, there's no special restrictions.

Remember that the "ex" is part of their name, so you CAN have 4 Raichu and 4 Raichu ex in a deck.

H

Hot Charizard

i got a mewtwo card but it was a fire type, that's not right, but can i use for battling?
and is dragonite being an electric pokemon is false or is it part of the new cards?
cause i always thought it was colorless

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Dark Survivor lugia - I'm not really sure what you're asking, but if you question is can you play an evolution card down by itself without placing it on top of the corresponding Basic, the answer is no.

Hot Charizard - These are from the fairly new Delta Species set, and are delta Pokemon. Delta Pokemon have different types than they should, and you can use them in your decks like any other cards.

BlackFlameGymLeaders

BlackFlameGymLeaders
um i stopped collecting a while ago but recently i picked up a few Dragon ex packs to catch up on old times.. anyway i got a Latios ex holo and a Salamece reverse holo.. they are cool but i have no real use for them, I was wondering how muuch i could sell them for? help please

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
This thread is for gameplay questions, meaning questions about playing the TCG. I have just put up a "how much is my card worth" sticky where you can ask your question.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Meh, just need to clarify about Double Energy Cards. (Like, Holon's Electrode, Holon's Castform [I think...] and Holon's Magneton) Usually, it says, it provides every type of Energy, but 2 Energy at a time.

So let's say you have a Lugia EX. It costs Water, Fire and Lightning, right (checks her Card-dex again)? You have a Water Energy card plus a Holon's Electrode for example, attached to it. Can you use that attack? X.x

okothnuva

or something
Meh, just need to clarify about Double Energy Cards. (Like, Holon's Electrode, Holon's Castform [I think...] and Holon's Magneton) Usually, it says, it provides every type of Energy, but 2 Energy at a time.

So let's say you have a Lugia EX. It costs Water, Fire and Lightning, right (checks her Card-dex again)? You have a Water Energy card plus a Holon's Electrode for example, attached to it. Can you use that attack? X.x

Yup. And you'd need to discard both.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
To clarify, it means it provides two UNITS of Energy, but it is always all types, all the time. It would count as Lightning and Fire (as well as all other types), and since it's two units of Energy, discarding it as well as the Water will fufill all requirements for the attack.

Cipher 2008

Question concerning my new deck and the DX-on Modified Format.

Can my deck use a Rainbow Energy print from EX Ruby & Sapphire? (I also have a copy from EX Legend Maker in the deck.) And can it use Multi Energy from EX Sandstorm?

EDIT: Another question. What's the difference between Modified Constructed and Modified Limited?

Last edited:

Nicole May

Meh... whatever...
Question concerning my new deck and the DX-on Modified Format.

Can my deck use a Rainbow Energy print from EX Ruby & Sapphire? (I also have a copy from EX Legend Maker in the deck.) And can it use Multi Energy from EX Sandstorm?

EDIT: Another question. What's the difference between Modified Constructed and Modified Limited?

Yes, you can, seeing the card has been reprinted. And yes, because Multi Energy has been reprinted also. (EX Emerald)

Modified Constructed - A player brings his/her own deck consisting of 60 cards.

Modified Limited - The organizer of the tournament provides the Cards. A good example is the Pre-Realease tournament. It only consists of 40 cards. The deck can contain more than 4 copies of the same card.

Nicole May

Meh... whatever...
OK, thanks for your help. :) I'm guessing the Battle Frontier leagues are Contructed then.

Thanks again! :)

Yes, they are indeed. Depending where you live, I believe they're allowing to use Type 1 Cards for the League, but not in Tournaments.

Question time: Do Poke-Bodies also count as Poke-Power if you were to play with Type 1 decks? Let's have that Muk (Type 1, forgot the set) for example. It specifically reads "Poke-Powers". A lot of people (especially beginners) would misinterpret this if they had cards/started playing from the EX Series.

Cipher 2008

As far as I'm aware, Poké-Bodies are always Poké-Bodies and never Poké-Powers, but it depends what you mean by Type 1. I've been playing for six years but I'm a n00b at the moment when it comes to leagues and tourneys.

Nicole May

Meh... whatever...
As far as I'm aware, Poké-Bodies are always Poké-Bodies and never Poké-Powers, but it depends what you mean by Type 1. I've been playing for six years but I'm a n00b at the moment when it comes to leagues and tourneys.

Ah, I know the answer to this, but I just want to clarify it with other people who are more of an expert in TCGs. And when I say Type 1, I am refering to Sets which aren't legal to play anymore on the Modified Format. Like the Base Set and Fossil Set.

So, yes, that's the problem there.

okothnuva

or something
Poke-bodies NEVER count as Poke-powers, and Poke-powers never count as Poke-bodies. "Pokemon Powers", which appear on 1st and 2nd gen cards, count as both Poke-powers and Poke-bodies. (If a card has an effect that affects Pokemon powers, then it would affect both poke-powers and Poke-bodies.) Cards with effects that affect either Poke-powers or Poke-bodies do not affect Pokemon Powers unless they specifically say they affect both, or when used in conjunction with card that affect the other one (e.g. Having a Medicham ex active and a Space Center in play at the same time would stop all Basic Pokemon's Pokemon Powers, and having a Medicham ex active, Latias HP11, and Latios HP12 at the same time would stop all Evolved Pokemon's Pokemon Powers. Having a Feraligatr ex active would stop all Pokemon Powers.)

Cipher 2008

Only if you have more Prize cards than your opponent does.

"Scramble Energy can be attached only to an Evolved Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-ex). Scramble Energy provides 1 Colorless Energy. While in play, if you have more Prize cards left than your opponent, Scramble Energy provides every type of Energy but provides only 3 in any combination at a time. If the Pokemon Scramble Energy is attached to isn't an Evolved Pokemon (or evolves into Pokemon-ex), discard Scramble Energy."