• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

Swagsire

Silver mirror is neither, as it negates all effects of an attack including dmg done from a team plasma pokemon (I just decided to say it from a yugioh standpoint, rather odd I don't play that game).

GAHHHH. Holy crap I'm NOT allowed to post after 11 hour work days anymore. I meant Bangle! Qwaa ;195;

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
GAHHHH. Holy crap I'm NOT allowed to post after 11 hour work days anymore. I meant Bangle! Qwaa ;195;

If you really meant silver bangle, then the answer is before weakness/resistance calcs.

Don't believe me? Look here

off topic but related to bangle: just remembered something about a match earlier w/ sis: I missed, misread and misapplied the first part that the extra 30 damage does not apply if it's holder is a pokemon-ex, when I attached the silver bangle to a ex, and she thought it included exes, so she assumed her black kyurem ex was ko'ed. After the match, when I researched it, I found out that she could've beat me had I not rushed to the 30 damage, or if she knew that extra stipulation, and pointed that out to me, but instead, as a result of being stressed out over a potential loss, especially with me having 3 prizes left vs. sis's one prize left, the tool's effect was incorrectly applied, ignoring the text in parenthesis, but I didn't know that it was a vital mistake that affected outcome until now, and as a result of that misapplication's discovery after research, I feel humilated at my mistake, but at least it's the first time I committed that mistake... Still, I know that she could've won had that stipulation been correctly applied, as I know a victory in a manner like that is a blow to your self-esteem as people could look at it as cheating, but since I missed that stated fact one time, and since that instance didn't actually happen at a tournament or league, but rather, in my own house, I may not be as humiliated as I would if I was DQ'ed for cheating in a manner like that in either a tournament or league rather than the confines of home, if only unintentionally, but still... :(

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
off topic but related to bangle: just remembered something about a match earlier w/ sis, missed, misread and misapplied the first part that the extra 30 damage does not apply if it's holder is a pokemon-ex... Now that I discovered that misapplication, I feel humilated at my mistake, but at least it's the first time I committed that mistake... Still, I know that she could've won had that stipulation been correctly applied, as I know a victory in a manner like that is a blow to your self-esteem as people could look at it as cheating, but since I missed that stated fact one time, and since that instance didn't actually happen at a tournament or league, I may not be as embarrased as I would if I was DQ'ed for cheating in a manner like that, if only unintentionally, but still... :(

I'm not sure what tournament you were in. But if it was a sanctioned one then you would NOT have been DQ'd for making an unintentional gameplay mistake. As the penalty guidelines state:

7.6.4.Cheating
Players who intentionally commit infractions are looking to gain an unfair advantage over other players at the event. The Head Judge should carefully consider whether an infraction was intentional or not before applying this penalty. If the Head Judge feels that an infraction was unintentional, this penalty should not be applied. Examples of Unsporting Conduct: Cheating include:

Drawing extra cards.
Taking cards from the dis card pile and adding them to your hand or deck.
Offering some form of compensation to an opponent for a concession.
Altering match results after the conclusion of the match.
Playing with marked cards.
Lying to event staff.
Arbitrarily adjusting the Special Conditions or damage counters put on any Pokémon in play.
Use of dubious game actions intended to deceive your opponent into making misplays.
Attempting to manipulate a random result.
Stacking your deck.

Recommended Starting Penalty:
Tier 1:
Disqualification
Tier 2:
Disqualification

Notice the two parts I bolded. What you described would fit under Game-Play Error Major or Severe (depending on exactly what happened, which I didn't see). Which would resault in a gamelose at worst.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I'm not sure what tournament you were in. But if it was a sanctioned one then you would NOT have been DQ'd for making an unintentional gameplay mistake. As the penalty guidelines state:

Notice the two parts I bolded. What you described would fit under Game-Play Error Major or Severe (depending on exactly what happened, which I didn't see). Which would resault in a gamelose at worst.

The mistake occured in a casual play match, but it is NOT a match in a registered league nor a real tournament, as noted in my last sentence of my previous post. Casual play in my case means practice. And practice in my case means nothing-at-stake-bar-brag-rights fun. That last part of post was mainly a "what-if it occurred in a tournament or league?", which is not the case in reality..

edit: better stop while I'm ahead... No spamming it up by excessive arguing...

Last edited:
Hey Guyz I am new to pokemon tcg online.I want some booster codes.Can somebody Give me codes? Please give me codes in private message. i need your help guyzzzzz

"FRIENDS HELP EACH OTHER"

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
If you transfer prisim energy around to other Pokemon on the field does it stay the same type or can you make it a different energy?

The card says that when attached to a Basic Pokémon, it counts as every type (but only counts as one Energy). This means that you don't have to--in fact, can't--choose to make it a different type.

Except (assuming this is possible) if you transfer it from a Basic Pokémon to one that is not Basic. Then it becomes Colorless.

Hope this helps!

noobaloo

Hi, I'm new to the world of pokemon... so some basic questions here...

1)When a trainer card says "pick a pokemon card from your deck" does it mean a basic card only, or can you select a stage1, stage2 card?
Some cards say specifically "pick a basic card" or "pick a stage 1 or stage 2 card". But some cards simply say "pick a pokemon card"
Examples:
Item Card Poke Ball: "... search your deck for a Pokémon, reveal it, put it into your hand..."
Item Card Max Revive: "Put a Pokémon from your discard pile on top of your deck."

2) Is the text written below a pokemon's attack considered part of its "attack"? Even if its non-offensive? If a pokemon's attack is blocked is the stuff described in the text also blocked? Or only the offensive stuff?

Example:
Ponyta Pokemon has an attack called Agility. It does 10 dmg and flip a coin to prevent all effects of attacks during opponents next round. If on the Opponents PREVIOUS round (before you played Ponyta) your opponent played a card that blocks Ponyta's attack... is Ponyta's defensive portion of the attack canceled too? In other words, are all of Ponyta's potential actions canceled?

3) Pidgeot - Strong Gust. "During your next turn this pokemon's Strong Gust attack does 60 more damage".

Must the Strong Gust be played a 2nd time for the extra damage to occur? Or does the extra 60 damage occur regardless of whatever else is happening in the game. (is Strong Gust like launching a missile ... first it gets launched and it takes a round for it to strike regardless of whatever else happens.)

Clarification:
a) Is this 60 more dmg from the first attack being applied on the next round, or 60 more damage if Strong Gust is performed again on the next attack?

b) Does the extra 60dmg still happen if Pidgeot was defeated or paraliyzed?.

c) Does the extra 60dmg still occour if the defending player casts Pidgeotto sand attack (flip a coin, if tails next attack does nothing).

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
1. If it says a Pokemon card it refers to a Pokemon card, if it excludes or asks for specifics those are your guide lines.

2. If the attack of the card says you have to discard energy to attack or it does no dmg then you have to, if it generally asks you to discard energy, flip, etc do it anyways.

3. 60+ and it says during your next turn you can do 60 more dmg, then the next turn you deal 120 dmg, an the turn after that 120 dmg, it also refers to the attack specifically, not another attack of the same name or another pokemons attack.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I would have asked on the official TCGO forums, but since it's not allowed to post or link to pictures I'll put this here. This is a situation that I sometimes face, and I'm really not sure what's the best way to approach it. I want to use my Evosoda on Roselia next turn, but that leaves me Snivy on the bench and Serperior in my hand. Do I use Skyla to get a Rare Candy, or am I better off using her to get an N or Juniper to redraw my hand next turn and hope I get something more useful? What would an experienced player do in a situation like this?
Whatdo.png

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
^that is just a bad hand turn 2 hand, skyla for an N, don't drop cards in the first part of the game if you can help it, but you generally have an idea of what your supposed to do, just hope you draw a supporter. If you find this to be a consistent problem add more draw supporters like N, juniper, colress, shauna, etc less energy 14 draw supporters to 14 energy is best, play 2 super rod, they are worth 3 energy per card in theory if you need more energy, profs letter adds circulation for energy to hand, especially if you like to play skyla.

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
Is there any purpose for the oversized cards (like the giant Krookodile EX card from the Krookodile Box)? Can they be used in game?

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Is there any purpose for the oversized cards (like the giant Krookodile EX card from the Krookodile Box)? Can they be used in game?

They can't be used in the game, no. From what I know, they're purely for collection/promotional purposes.

Though for most of them, like the Jumbo Krookodile EX you mentioned, they're proper-size counterparts are perfectly playable.

hi,

not sure if this is the right place to ask this, sorry if it isn't. I was in a random online ranked match last night. the other player offered me a full art ex (I think - I know he offered me a card) for conceding our game, the game hadn't even started yet, I don't understand why he was doing that. I thought the ranks were just an internal thing, does anyone know what he has to gain from getting me to forfeit?

Last edited:
Winning a game gives a player a spin of the bonus wheel. The bonus wheel can include some useful things Trainer Tokens, Tournament Tickets, individual cards, and most importantly packs.

You have no way of knowing that he will follow through on a promise to give you a valuable card in exchange for you forfeiting. Furthermore, you have no way of holding him to that promise. You don't have to go accusing people of scamming, but you should regard anyone who makes an offer like that with suspicion.

NeptuneCloyster

Squadallah
I want to make a deck revolving around auroruses ice wall ability, maybe pairing it with stormy sea and ludicolo's alpha recovery, what would be the best way to achieve this? Seems like a lot of trainer cards to set up both a fossil line and a 2-stave evo line?

I'd say you're correct that it seems like a lot of cards to set up a Fossil Pokémon and a stage 2 evo line. It sounds like a pretty cool idea, though. The only thing I can recommend is maybe not make Aurorus the biggest part of the strategy and use Archie's Ace in the Hole to get it in play (somewhat) easier. I realize that's probably not much help.

Cobalt2

Some Random Guy...
If I have a delta Charizard from crystal guardians whose attack discards all steel energy, but if I have multi energies instead of steel energies, do I discard them instead?

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
If I have a delta Charizard from crystal guardians whose attack discards all steel energy, but if I have multi energies instead of steel energies, do I discard them instead?

If an Energy card currently attached to that Charizard is able to provide Steel Energy then it would be discarded.