• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Help Thread [Gameplay questions]

Berries

I have a question about berries. If I attach for example "Berry" (from neo 1 series) to my active pokémon (HP: 50), then my opponent knocks out my pokémon with a 50 points hit, could I use berry and keep in play my pokémon, or not? Thanks for your attention.

Berries

Thanks a lot, it was really important (I hate when someone uses Gold Berry after being knocked out... ^^)

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
If I wanted to lets say for example, add a Kricketune to my deck, but didn't have a Kricketot, could I still have Kricketune in my deck?
Or is there some kind of rule for this?

Swampert-the-Berserk

The Swampert King
I got some pretty good pulls, I think.

-One of each Pokemon in the Gengar Evolution
-Electrivire
-Manaphy
-Salebye (SP?)
-Smoochum
-Rapidash
-Turtwig Promo

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
If I wanted to lets say for example, add a Kricketune to my deck, but didn't have a Kricketot, could I still have Kricketune in my deck?
Or is there some kind of rule for this?

Yes you can. There are sometimes reasons to have an evolution and not the basic. Like for Alakazam*'s 2nd attack for example.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Shiny Rokon

Are prize cards chosen prior to a match, or included in your 60-card deck and randomly put out? Does the person who gets a prize card, keep it forever? sorry if this has been answered before.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Are prize cards chosen prior to a match, or included in your 60-card deck and randomly put out? Does the person who gets a prize card, keep it forever? sorry if this has been answered before.

Prize cards are put out from the top of each players deck after both players have drawn there hands and both have basics.
You draw your own prizes not your opponents and since you already own your prizes of cource you keep them.(They were your cards to begin with)
If someone tells you that you take your opponents prizes then they are trying to rip you off. Tell them to read the rule book.

Shiny Rokon

Okay, another question, sorry if this is completely beginner class, firstly, what are the classes of rarity: are they very common, common, rare, ultra-rare. Secondly where do Lv.X, Holos, Foils, fall into these categories. Then finally, I have cards where the whole card is shiny is that a holo? and i have cards which just the background of the picture is shiny with the name of the card series eg. crystal guardians within the picture, are they rare?

Cipher 2008

Shiny Rokon: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Rare Holo, Rare Holo LV.X. Reverse foil cards fall into whichever category their card is (a reverse foil Vulpix from Mysterious Treasures, for example, is still common).

Shiny Rokon

okay, another question. I know you can only have 4 pokemon of the same name, but can you have more than 4 of a trainer card of the same name, eg. more than four potions or celio's network and so on?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
okay, another question. I know you can only have 4 pokemon of the same name, but can you have more than 4 of a trainer card of the same name, eg. more than four potions or celio's network and so on?

No. Apart from basic energy, you can't have more than 4 of any card in your deck. It doesn't matter if it's a pokemon, non-basic energy or trainer.

Giga Explosivo

Am I allowed to use cards from the current series of Pokemon TCG with the Original cards from back in the day? I'm starting to get back into TCG and was wondering if I can mix new cards with my old collection.

Thanks!

Cipher 2008

Am I allowed to use cards from the current series of Pokemon TCG with the Original cards from back in the day? I'm starting to get back into TCG and was wondering if I can mix new cards with my old collection.

Thanks!

Not if you're playing in sanctioned tournaments. In proper tournaments, you can only use cards from EX Holon Phantoms onwards (and reprints).

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@
Erm...I got a question about Vespiquen card (EX Diamond and Pearl),about the attack,the attack is called "attack Order",Its says Does 10 damages times the number of leaf pokemon in play,(yours and your opponnent).

What if (example) wurmple evolves to silcoon then to beautifly,Does that means 10x5 (plus combee and vespiquen)?

Is that correct?

Please reply,Really appreciated.

Cipher 2008

Erm...I got a question about Vespiquen card (EX Diamond and Pearl),about the attack,the attack is called "attack Order",Its says Does 10 damages times the number of leaf pokemon in play,(yours and your opponnent).

What if (example) wurmple evolves to silcoon then to beautifly,Does that means 10x5 (plus combee and vespiquen)?

Is that correct?

Please reply,Really appreciated.

Nope. Just Vespiquen and Beautifly.