• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Asrialys

Hello, Serebii community.

I am not a TCG-player. I have pretty much no interest in playing the Pokemon TCG at all. I have no idea about how anything works, or even where to buy cards. I stopped collecting cards when I was about 9, or something like that, and sold them all on a flea market. I think.

However, I stumbled upon THIS BADASSERY.

I bloody need that card.

So, er, is that some kind of ultra-rare, overpowered as f*ck God-card that normal people won't get their hands on? Or can I, a mere mortal, be graced by the touch of this... this... this epitome of awesome? If so... How? I must know. My life is not complete without this.
They're considered ultra rare and can be difficult to pull from a booster pack. I bought a box and only got one of each half, while a friend of mine got three of the same halves. You're better off just buying both halves. It may be somewhat pricey as a collector's item, but not that many people use it.

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for the post that was some helpful information solved my question.

I have another one, sorry but I took like a 10 year break from pokemon. Is there a site you can go, to see the decks that are being rand in tournaments. I play magic heavily and I know people go to brainburst to look at cookie cutter decks or get deck ideas.

thank you
People often check out PokeGym and PokeBeach.

Last edited:

Fire and Ghost trainer

A hard match for you
Hg Ss And Platinum Arceus

Hey, I just made a Hg Ss deck with Fire in it.
My older deck was Fire/Ghost and it was very good.
But is it possible to (legally) put Arceus expansion ghost cards (gengar lv.X etc) into my newest deckBecause there are (almost) none ghost cards in the hgss cards.

Thanks,
Fire and Ghost trainer ;005; ;092;

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Hello, Serebii community.

I am not a TCG-player. I have pretty much no interest in playing the Pokemon TCG at all. I have no idea about how anything works, or even where to buy cards. I stopped collecting cards when I was about 9, or something like that, and sold them all on a flea market. I think.

However, I stumbled upon THIS BADASSERY.

I bloody need that card.

So, er, is that some kind of ultra-rare, overpowered as f*ck God-card that normal people won't get their hands on? Or can I, a mere mortal, be graced by the touch of this... this... this epitome of awesome? If so... How? I must know. My life is not complete without this.

Well you're lucky then. Those two cards are relitivly inexpensive and almost never used. I have 9 pieces myself (5 top and 4 bottom). You get 2-4 halves per box. You can usually get both halves for about $20 (Or $15 each) online or in card shops.

Last edited:

Asrialys

Hey, I just made a Hg Ss deck with Fire in it.
My older deck was Fire/Ghost and it was very good.
But is it possible to (legally) put Arceus expansion ghost cards (gengar lv.X etc) into my newest deckBecause there are (almost) none ghost cards in the hgss cards.

Thanks,
Fire and Ghost trainer ;005; ;092;
It's certainly not illegal. There's nothing wrong with mixing cards from other legal sets.

FireRush

Team Axis
Card Rotation?

Yo. I've been wondering if anyone here would know when all of the cards in Trading Card Game were rotated in and out for modified play.

This is what I know already. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help.

Reagus

Hey all,

I haven't played the game since I was a kid and bought it when the first 250 pokemon were out, and was curious to have another go.

Considering I only know of 250 pokemon, and theres 3 of us who would want to play against each other, which starter decks should I buy which would be a fair match up against each other which contains pokemon that we would recognize?

I've been thinking the 3 new heartgold/soulsilver starters, but it seems that water vs fire vs grass would mean theres always someone at a disadvantage, so wouldn't be fair/balanced.

I also have been wondering about getting 3 of the 2006 world championship decks since they seem to contain cards that I recognize pokemon wise, and since were all new and can't remember the original game then they might be quite fun to play and master, and since they are all world champion decks they should be balanced against each other better than the soulsilver/heartgold starters.

What do you guys think? Really im just looking for the most fun 3 starter decks :)

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Hey all,

I haven't played the game since I was a kid and bought it when the first 250 pokemon were out, and was curious to have another go.

Considering I only know of 250 pokemon, and theres 3 of us who would want to play against each other, which starter decks should I buy which would be a fair match up against each other which contains pokemon that we would recognize?

I've been thinking the 3 new heartgold/soulsilver starters, but it seems that water vs fire vs grass would mean theres always someone at a disadvantage, so wouldn't be fair/balanced.

I also have been wondering about getting 3 of the 2006 world championship decks since they seem to contain cards that I recognize pokemon wise, and since were all new and can't remember the original game then they might be quite fun to play and master, and since they are all world champion decks they should be balanced against each other better than the soulsilver/heartgold starters.

What do you guys think? Really im just looking for the most fun 3 starter decks :)

Well quite allot of rules have changed since you last played. World Championchip Decks don't come with rulebooks which would be usefull to you. And World Championchip decks tend to be very complicated and requier allot of skill in the game and knowledge of that particular deck to use. I would recomend getting 3 regular starter decks and using those. There are allot of differant ones too, and they aren't just one type either. Usually they have 2 types in them so they aren't completely weak againsed eachother.

Platinum

Yo. I've been wondering if anyone here would know when all of the cards in Trading Card Game were rotated in and out for modified play.

This is what I know already. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help.
Following up on this... Anyone know when the Wizards Promos were rotated?

I was just wondering where you guys buy your cards. I went to Target and they wanted $4.99 a pack but I saw online that they should go for $3.49. I don;t have much money since I have a lot of things to pay for with my car at the moment, so I just want to find somewhere that I can get a few packs and not have to pay too much. Thanks.

Misdreavus misprint/error or fake?

so the other day my girlfriend got a pack of cards for herself and i noticed that her gym leader card for Fantina's Mismagius had mismagius's picture but the stats of Roarks Rampardos but instead of a grass typeX2 weakness it just says Stage1 X2 I think this is a fake but im not sure

thanks!;444;

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
so the other day my girlfriend got a pack of cards for herself and i noticed that her gym leader card for Fantina's Mismagius had mismagius's picture but the stats of Roarks Rampardos but instead of a grass typeX2 weakness it just says Stage1 X2 I think this is a fake but im not sure

thanks!;444;

It does sound fake. Can you get a picture or scan of it?

Nidoprince

Nah, I can see it from there that it's fake. It has bloated energy, which gives it away. However, the new HGSS cards do have bloated energy as well, so that trick doesn't work.

yea its holo but i guess as nidoprince said its a fake so is there anything that can be done about the store that is selling the fake packs?

sort of but with the basic it doesnt even look right in the top left of the picture and instead of mismagius's move set it has rampardos's move set and cost but its definitely a fake, like i said earlier is ther eanything i can do about the store that sold the fake pack?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
sort of but with the basic it doesnt even look right in the top left of the picture and instead of mismagius's move set it has rampardos's move set and cost but its definitely a fake, like i said earlier is ther eanything i can do about the store that sold the fake pack?

You can report them to TPCI. There's a very high chance that they'll do something about it. You can find their email address here.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/customer-service/