• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Jimmy P.

First shiny!!
'k I'm back.
Does the Typhlosion from UFO include itself in taking damage from it's Burning Aura PokeBody?

EDIT: I dunno if I worded that right. It sounds a bit wierd when I read it aloud.
EDIT2: Yay! 4th page!

Cipher 2008

Third page, actually.

Right, let's have a look at this Typhlosion...

"As long as Typhlosion is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on each Defending Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) between turns."

So, as you can tell from the brackets, yes, that includes Typhlosion. :) It's actually a very good Poké-Body when you look at Rage (50 damage plus 10 more per counter on Typhie) - a card I think will be well-used at this year's Worlds.

Hope that helps.

Jimmy P.

First shiny!!
Double Dash said:
Third page, actually.

Right, let's have a look at this Typhlosion...

"As long as Typhlosion is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on each Defending Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) between turns."

So, as you can tell from the brackets, yes, that includes Typhlosion. :) It's actually a very good Poké-Body when you look at Rage (50 damage plus 10 more per counter on Typhie) - a card I think will be well-used at this year's Worlds.

Hope that helps.
'k thanks for that.
And it is the fourth page.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Okay, I have two questions:
Is there any place that has a list of all the English promo cards?
and
Is there any place that has a list of all the POP promo cards?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Double Dash said:
Chaos Emerald: This place has a list of all 53 Wizards promos, as well as Nintendo promos up to 28, and several more sets of promos - including POP Series 1.
Thank you! That was just what I needed.

Hypno

Beginning Trainer
I'm gonna buy a booster box. It will be either Legend Maker or Holon Phantoms. Which one should I buy? I can only get one.

Cipher 2008

Hypno: If you like Delta Species Pokémon, get Holon Phantoms, if not, Legend Maker. IMO, Legend Maker is a much better set.

Kitt Kat: ...I'm stumped. I'm actually stumped. It's not Unseen Forces, Delta Species, Legend Maker or Holon Phantoms. It can't be Crystal Guardians or Furthest Ends.

I'm gonna have to consult somebody. Please excuse me a few hours until I get a reply.

EDIT: Haven't got a reply from either of my consulted people thingies. Kitt Kat - can you tell me/show me where you found that picture? It might help me tell you which set it's from.

EDIT 2: Right, I think this is how it works...in Japan, there are tournaments, and you can get points from participating/winning in tournaments, or something. I think. Anyway, Flareon-star is apparently the "30,000 points" card. This is supposedly the list:

Pokemon Players 20,000 point Jolteon (*star)
Pokemon Players 30,000 point Flareon (*star)
Pokemon Players 40,000 point Espeon (*star)
Pokemon Players 70,000 point Umbreon (*star)

I have sent somebody on a different forum a PM, as he/she originally posted this, and I'm guessing they know about it.

Last edited:

Kitt Kat

Why is the rum gone?
Double Dash said:
Hypno: If you like Delta Species Pokémon, get Holon Phantoms, if not, Legend Maker. IMO, Legend Maker is a much better set.

Kitt Kat: ...I'm stumped. I'm actually stumped. It's not Unseen Forces, Delta Species, Legend Maker or Holon Phantoms. It can't be Crystal Guardians or Furthest Ends.

I'm gonna have to consult somebody. Please excuse me a few hours until I get a reply.

EDIT: Haven't got a reply from either of my consulted people thingies. Kitt Kat - can you tell me/show me where you found that picture? It might help me tell you which set it's from.

EDIT 2: Right, I think this is how it works...in Japan, there are tournaments, and you can get points from participating/winning in tournaments, or something. I think. Anyway, Flareon-star is apparently the "30,000 points" card. This is supposedly the list:

Pokemon Players 20,000 point Jolteon (*star)
Pokemon Players 30,000 point Flareon (*star)
Pokemon Players 40,000 point Espeon (*star)
Pokemon Players 70,000 point Umbreon (*star)

I have sent somebody on a different forum a PM, as he/she originally posted this, and I'm guessing they know about it.

Oh, thanks, that helped a lot! =)

(By the way, to your first edit, I found it on eBay)

~~~

Can you only have four Darkness/Metal Energies in a deck since they are 'Special Energy' cards?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Kitt Kat said:
Can you only have four Darkness/Metal Energies in a deck since they are 'Special Energy' cards?
Yes, that is correct. The ONLY cards you're allowed to have more than 4 of are the Basic Energy cards (Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Fighting, Psychic).

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Yes! You can use ANY old version of a card if it has been reprinted in a new set that's in Modified (Darkness is in Emerald, I believe, and probably other sets since then).

The only rule is that you must play the card by the text on the most recent printing of the card. For example, you can even use the Darkness Energy card from Neo, but you must play it as if it has the Emerald card text on it.

Kitt Kat

Why is the rum gone?
TRJessie579 said:
Yes, that is correct. The ONLY cards you're allowed to have more than 4 of are the Basic Energy cards (Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Fighting, Psychic).

Thanks! :)

~~~

Someone told me that in the Holon Phantoms packs, the ones with Gyarados on the front has the rarest cards. Can anyone verify this?

Cipher 2008

Nope - all completely random. Even if in every Gyarados pack you get a holo card, or a Pokémon-ex/Pokémon-star or whatever - it's purely random.

EDIT: Concerning the Flareon* image. I got a reply back from Cascade Gonpory. This should help:

Cascade Gonpory said:
thats a PLAYER PROMO fro Japan. In official tournaments, the higher their rank, the better the card is that they receive... this is one of the rarest cards in this era of Promo cards... they made all the eevee evolutions as shining pokemon...that set has not been released in english

Last edited:

Kitt Kat

Why is the rum gone?
When you use Venusaur's Energy Trans to transfer energy to Charizard, then use Charizard's Energy Burn to turn that Energy to Fire, can you do that all in one turn or do you have to wait two turns?

Cipher 2008

All in one turn. You can use both Pokémon Powers - so as soon as you use Energy Trans and move an energy card to Charizard, that energy card becomes Fire energy.

Updated your deck posting btw.

Cipher 2008

At the moment? Not very much, I wouldn't think. It's a fairly new card. I'm rubbish at guesstimating how much it'd be worth at the moment, but no, not very much.