• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Emergency BuTcH

Team Rocketron! D8<
I'm pretty sure about this, but I have to ask to double-check since I can't find any place that talks about this.

Can EX cards and pre-EX cards mix together? In example, Jungle and EX Ruby and Sapphire.

I'm pretty certain that post-Diamond and Pearl cards can't.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I'm pretty sure about this, but I have to ask to double-check since I can't find any place that talks about this.

Can EX cards and pre-EX cards mix together? In example, Jungle and EX Ruby and Sapphire.

I'm pretty certain that post-Diamond and Pearl cards can't.

All Pokemon TCG cards can be mixed. But only certon sets can be used in tournaments.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Does anyone know a site where you can find the percentage rates of getting each card in a booster pack? Thanks

If you are referring for a Specific card..then there's non

Base-Neo 11 Cards

1 Rare/Holo
3 Unco
10 Common

e-Series - ex Series 9 Cards

1 Rare/Holo/ex/Crystal
1 Reverse/Alternate Holo
2 Unco
5 Common

DP/Pt Series 10 Cards
1 Rare/Holo/Lv.X
1 Reverse Holo/Secret/Shiny
3 Unco
5 Common

POP 1-7
2 Any Cards

POP 8
2 Any Cards
1 Energy Card

Hadeki

Trainer of Beauty
@Pingouin7: Whoa. I think you're right.

Anyway, I'm looking for the shiny Milotic card. I guess it's... SH7? Does it come straight from the Supreme Victors booster pack or is it, like... a special promo thing or something?
I have no idea why it gets an "SH7" instead of just a "13/100" or something.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Isn't that a shiny Starly?

75.jpg

No, it just looks that way. My and my friends have been joking about it for about a year now.

@Pingouin7: Whoa. I think you're right.

Anyway, I'm looking for the shiny Milotic card. I guess it's... SH7? Does it come straight from the Supreme Victors booster pack or is it, like... a special promo thing or something?
I have no idea why it gets an "SH7" instead of just a "13/100" or something.

In the last few sets there have been shiny Pokemon. Platinum had SH1, SH2 and SH3. Rising Rivals had SH4, SH5 and SH6. And Supreme Victors had SH7, SH8 and SH9. You get an average of one of them in every 36 packs.

Hadeki

Trainer of Beauty
In the last few sets there have been shiny Pokemon. Platinum had SH1, SH2 and SH3. Rising Rivals had SH4, SH5 and SH6. And Supreme Victors had SH7, SH8 and SH9. You get an average of one of them in every 36 packs.

Okay. Thank you so much for the info.

Banana_Split

Darkness is Rising
Does anyone knows how many different types you can have in your own deck? Lots of sites are saying two, but in Diamond&Pearl: Great Encounters, one of the theme decks contains more then three types..

Thanks!

If you are referring for a Specific card..then there's non

Base-Neo 11 Cards

1 Rare/Holo
3 Unco
10 Common

e-Series - ex Series 9 Cards

1 Rare/Holo/ex/Crystal
1 Reverse/Alternate Holo
2 Unco
5 Common

DP/Pt Series 10 Cards
1 Rare/Holo/Lv.X
1 Reverse Holo/Secret/Shiny
3 Unco
5 Common

POP 1-7
2 Any Cards

POP 8
2 Any Cards
1 Energy Card

Thanks for that, but i was referring to a list of percentages for individual cards - eg In Supreme victors Blaziken FB Lv X could be 1/500 packs, whereas bidoof 91/147 could appear in 1/10 packs.

A list like that would be really helpful, but i havent been able to find any. ;123;

EDIT: @Banna split - there are no limitations to the number of types you are allowed in a deck, those sites are likely talking about the best number of types to use, and 2 types is an ideal number. 3 can also work (but one of the types would probably be secondary to the primary 2).

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Does anyone knows how many different types you can have in your own deck? Lots of sites are saying two, but in Diamond&Pearl: Great Encounters, one of the theme decks contains more then three types..

Thanks!

A dack can have any amount of types in it. But it's not recomended to have more than two because you usualy won't get the energy you want.

Thanks for that, but i was referring to a list of percentages for individual cards - eg In SV Rayquaza C could be 1/200 packs, whereas bidoof 91/147 could appear in 1/10 packs.

A list like that would be really helpful, but i havent been able to find any. ;123;

That kind of list doesn't exist.

Arnold

<<< Epic Avatar
Alrighty, a quickie, I wanna start collecting again...maybe playing, I dunno, might make a deck if I get cards I want, but best place to start, been out of the loop since Jungle =( know Platinum is the newest so grab some stuff from there or grab some older ones too?

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Alrighty, a quickie, I wanna start collecting again...maybe playing, I dunno, might make a deck if I get cards I want, but best place to start, been out of the loop since Jungle =( know Platinum is the newest so grab some stuff from there or grab some older ones too?

Better start with Platinum.. as it the safest set and you could get card for SP deck...I recommend RR

Nebbio

NINJA!

Well Platinum is still pretty new so start collecting. Since JUNGLE!

Nebbio

NINJA!

Well Platinum is still pretty new so start collecting. Since JUNGLE!

Asrialys

If you get to playing, the competition and pace of battles has changed drastically. I only got back into it three weeks ago since I last played back around 2000. I was surprised at all the Trainers and Supporters people are using a majority of the time. Heck, there are decks with as few as eight basic Energy cards in a deck. I remember having like 20 Energy cards in my deck back in the day.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
If you get to playing, the competition and pace of battles has changed drastically. I only got back into it three weeks ago since I last played back around 2000. I was surprised at all the Trainers and Supporters people are using a majority of the time. Heck, there are decks with as few as eight basic Energy cards in a deck. I remember having like 20 Energy cards in my deck back in the day.

Time has move on

Like techno..

things need less energy to consume

dave321

I'm looking for basically a water pokemon with a version of Rising Rivals Trapinch's effect:

"Once during your turn (before your attack), if Trapinch is your Active Pokémon, you may search your discard pile for a basic [Fighting Energy] card and attach it to Trapinch."

Anything like this? Something with an ability where I can return water energies to my hand would work just as well. Especially if it has something similar to 'Grind' where amount of energies determines damage. I have a pretty sweet Manaphy and need something decent to compliment it.

Asrialys

I'm looking for basically a water pokemon with a version of Rising Rivals Trapinch's effect:

"Once during your turn (before your attack), if Trapinch is your Active Pokémon, you may search your discard pile for a basic [Fighting Energy] card and attach it to Trapinch."

Anything like this? Something with an ability where I can return water energies to my hand would work just as well. Especially if it has something similar to 'Grind' where amount of energies determines damage. I have a pretty sweet Manaphy and need something decent to compliment it.
Can't think of a Poke-Power or Attack like that. Nor of one that'll return Water Energy to your hand.

But have you seen Supreme Victors' Milotic C's Aqua Tail attack? Does 10 damage for 1 Energy plus 20 more for each flipped heads for each Water Energy. It's risky, but can be quite fun if you can get a bunch of Water Energy on it. And if you want to save those Water Energies (in case Milotic C may be Knocked Out), you can use Rising Rivals' Lucian's Assignment Supporter card to transfer as many Energy to one Pokemon to another.

EDIT: Just found out about these.

Platinum's Blastoise has a Poke-Power that allows you to look at the top three cards in your Deck once per turn, take any Water Energy, and attach them to any Pokemon any way you like. However, you will have to delete the other cards. So it's risky. This Blastoise does have an attack called Aqua Press, which does 20 damage plus 10 more for each Water Energy in play (on both sides of the field).

Rising Rivals Starmie has a Poke-Power, Aqua Recycle, that allows you to get a Water Energy from your Discard Pile once per turn.

Rising Rivals Snorlax (#33) has a costless attack called Pick and Collect that allows you to get four of any Basic Energy from your Discard Pile and place them in your hand.

Lapras has Grind as well.

If you happen to have Floatzel GL LV.X, its Water Rescue Poke-Body returns any of your Knocked Out Water Pokemon (excluding any Floatzel GL) to your hand instead of your Discard Pile.

Last edited: