• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
:eek: wow, dont think i will be getting them anyway!

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but this thread is massive and the site is lagging. Sorry if it's been asked already. :p

I'm trying to get back into the TCG, but I noticed there's quite a bit of unofficial card packs. Like, one has a Japanese Piplup on the front and says it contains this certain amount of Japanese promos (I think 9), some just contain all rare cards, one actually includes that old movie 3 Entei card with two massive old school Pokemon stickers for like a little more then a dollar.

I'm wondering if these are fake or not. For sure they're not official packs, but since I haven't been into the TCG for a good number of years I'd like to know what's up. If necessary I can go back to the store to take photos. XD

Ryumaru

HGSS booster pack odds?

I got my first two hgss booster packs today from my girl for valentines day ( yes) and I got a meganium prime in a donphan cover pack, and a blissey in a lugia cover pack. Do you get a prime in every pack or was I just lucky?

jjag20

Primes are pretty common more common than lvl xs Also odds on boosters from boxs are better than the odds on blister packs

jjag20

Primes are pretty common more common than lvl xs Also odds on boosters from boxs are better than the odds on blister packs and no you do not get a
prime in every pack you were just lucky

Carbunkle

Pokemon TCG Dublin

Hi everyone

I want to start up with the TCG and am gonna move to Ireland this friday (work related) and I wonder, where can I find a place that you can buy and play Pokemon TCG near Dublin.
Gonna work and probobly live in Leixlip in the nearest months but it's close to Dublin :p

Asrialys

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but this thread is massive and the site is lagging. Sorry if it's been asked already. :p

I'm trying to get back into the TCG, but I noticed there's quite a bit of unofficial card packs. Like, one has a Japanese Piplup on the front and says it contains this certain amount of Japanese promos (I think 9), some just contain all rare cards, one actually includes that old movie 3 Entei card with two massive old school Pokemon stickers for like a little more then a dollar.

I'm wondering if these are fake or not. For sure they're not official packs, but since I haven't been into the TCG for a good number of years I'd like to know what's up. If necessary I can go back to the store to take photos. XD
Where were these being sold? If money isn't that much of an issue, then don't go for budget cards unless you're certain that they're official cards (and not from the World Championship decks). Just go to a local collectible/card shop and buy some boosters, or buy at Target.

There's a saying we have around my league: "Don't buy Pokemon cards from the ice cream man."

Photos would be nice and informative :p

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I've seen these before at places like Wal-Mart and Target and one person at my League has bought a few. They do sometimes have fake cards in them. The package is bundled together by a 3rd party company. Usualy they just buy commen cards in mass quantity off of somewhere like ebay and then put them in those packs. And some of the time they don't check them very well and fake cards get in. I strongly recomend not to get these kind of packs. They usualy only have old cards in them anyway. If you want to buy packs like these then always look for the Nintendo/Pokemon copyright on the back of the package. The bad ones either don't have the Nintendo/Pokemon copyright or say something like "Contains factory sealed packs, packaged by "insert name here"".

I got my first two hgss booster packs today from my girl for valentines day ( yes) and I got a meganium prime in a donphan cover pack, and a blissey in a lugia cover pack. Do you get a prime in every pack or was I just lucky?

There are 5-7 Primes per box with 6 being the most commen amount. So you get an average of one Prime every 6 packs.

Last edited:

BadIntent

MSankey
I just got a HG/SS box because I just started competitive TCG. I got a Lugia top and a Ho-Oh bottom. Now, I'm relatively new to the trading scene because I stopped playing after Neo Revelation... But do you think I could realistically those for two Raichu LV Xs, or would I probably need to throw Donphan Prime in there?

...And is this in the wrong section??

Asrialys

I've seen these before at places like Wal-Mart and Target and one person at my League has bought a few. They do sometimes have fake cards in them. The package is bundled together by a 3rd party company. Usualy they just buy commen cards in mass quantity off of somewhere like ebay and then put them in those packs. And some of the time they don't check them very well and fake cards get in. I strongly recomend not to get these kind of packs. They usualy only have old cards in them anyway. If you want to buy packs like these then always look for the Nintendo/Pokemon copyright on the back of the package. The bad ones either don't have the Nintendo/Pokemon copyright or say something like "Contains factory sealed packs, packaged by "insert name here"".
Are you talking about the Fairfield Company items? I was wondering if Spirit Ruby was talking about the same thing, but then they said that one of those items cost a little over a dollar. I'm not aware of that company pricing anything that low. And I've never gotten any fake cards from anything they've sold. Granted, I've only ever bought one non-officially-packaged item from them before. That thing came with cards from various new and old sets (came with the promo Rhyperior LV.X though) and even had about five cards in Spanish and some other Spanish-like language I couldn't recognize.

Thanks for the information, I figured they were either bootlegged or third parties. :p

I saw them at Sears and F.Y.E. I might still take photos of them for future refs for you people. One was only like a dollar and it comes with a bunch of stickers so I may get one to examine it out of curiosity... because I mean I like stickers... they're awesome. XD But that was only one kind. The others claimed they came in packs of rares, promos, and such like they. They were more expensive. Maybe a little bit more then a booster. The cards were also more recent.

I was just surprised they had almost more then official packs. I forget what the company who published them was called so I will have to get back to you on that. I'll either stop there later today or tomorrow and get the info then. :3

Rabidmunchlax

I remember reading a while back about a booster pack contents change, how each pack has a reverse holo, a normal holo, an energy and 8 others. Was this for HGSS and if so, is it the same in the rest of the world?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I remember reading a while back about a booster pack contents change, how each pack has a reverse holo, a normal holo, an energy and 8 others. Was this for HGSS and if so, is it the same in the rest of the world?

That was for Japanese packs of HG/SS. Unfortunately it's not going to happen like that in any other language.

Nebbio

NINJA!
No wonder I get such crap in booster packs sometimes. But the next one always makes up for it.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
um i wanted to ask this qustion.

In a HGSS Booster Box how man of each LEGEND card are there?(i mean how many bottoms, tops). because im thinking o collecting now

and are also the prime cards that rare? they just look like ex's to me s they have the evo stage on the card

Last edited:

Nidoprince

I don't know how many Legends you get, but...

There are 5-7 Primes per box with 6 being the most commen amount. So you get an average of one Prime every 6 packs.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
ok thanx! im sure to find a prime i mean they replace the reverse holo in a pack if there inside. i hope i will find typhlosion prime or somin.

so sstill how many of each part of the legend cards are there in each box?

Nidoprince

I just found out--there are 2-4 halves in every box.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
hey thanx again NidoPrince! so there are 2-4 halves in each box. u might get a ho-oh top and a lugia bottom imagine if u put them together!