• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
lol! that looks like the coolest card evr!

dragon_trainer!

i am completely confused about the rules on "in between turns"
so poison, burn sleep and pokebodies like maternal comfort i believe on nidoqueen
say i start the game and poison you, now i put 10 damage, on your turn...then you do ur turn and put 10 more damage on and its my turn?
or does it mean that just 10 damage at any time during the whole turn being u then me before it repeats?
thanks

Asrialys

i am completely confused about the rules on "in between turns"
so poison, burn sleep and pokebodies like maternal comfort i believe on nidoqueen
say i start the game and poison you, now i put 10 damage, on your turn...then you do ur turn and put 10 more damage on and its my turn?
or does it mean that just 10 damage at any time during the whole turn being u then me before it repeats?
thanks
Your Turn --> Between Turns --> Opponent's Turn --> Between Turns --> Your Turn

Anything that happens between turns takes place after either player finishes their turn. So if you Poison your opponent's Pokemon, it'll take 10 immediately after your turn ends. Then it'll take another 10 after your opponent finishes their turn if that Poisoned Pokemon is still Active.

Last edited:

Sniper502nd

Team Pheonix Admin
Double Energy Cards

The old Double Energy cards are probably one of the most common energy cards in my deck. When I tried entering an Official League Battle I was told that they were not able to be used but upon reading the rules and guidlines they were never mentioned. Are they still 'allowed' in League Battles or have they been banned?

Cordially,
Sniper502nd

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
depends, some energy's are banned since it's not from any of the newer set's meaning dp-hgss, so double rainbow would be considered illegal since it's only from ex, rainbow energy and dce is still good since it came out recently, if you are to play sp variant deck's then sp energy. but yeah, I hope this help's.

Nidoprince

You can use Double Colorless now since it's reprinted in the HGSS set, but before you couldn't. You can play anything in League though, just not in tourneys.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The old Double Energy cards are probably one of the most common energy cards in my deck. When I tried entering an Official League Battle I was told that they were not able to be used but upon reading the rules and guidlines they were never mentioned. Are they still 'allowed' in League Battles or have they been banned?

Cordially,
Sniper502nd

Well it really depends on the specific League that you go to wether they let you use Unlimited cards or not. Most Leagues let you use any cards though. And it also depends on which "Double Energy cards" you are referring to. Double Colorless Energy if fine everywhere while ones like Boost Energy, Scramble Energy, Double Rainbow Energy, Aqua Energy, Magma Energy, Bounce Energy, Miricle Energy and R Energy may be banned at specific Leagues because they aren't Modified legal.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
why do the Legend cards not look so shiny? they look like reverse holos?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
why do the Legend cards not look so shiny? they look like reverse holos?

Because they wanted them to be? There's no real way to answer that question.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
no i mean like theyre the rarest cards in the set. so shouldnt they be nice and shiny?

Nidoprince

TRUST ME, they are. I thought the same thing before I saw one in person. It pretty much looks like the old reverse holos but with holoraphic circles everywhere.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
kk. im gonna try to get the whole of 1 legendd and hopefully at least 3 primes(donphan,feraligatr,typhlosion) and maybe more!

eeveelution24

card question

images-3.jpg

does anyone know where I can find this card in english? or if it even comes in english? i need it for a deck I am trying to make.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
you might hate me for saying this, but that is a gamboy pokemon tcg 1 promo card, you can only get with buying pokemon tcg for gameboy, best suggestions would be e-bay for someone you know that would be willing to trade for it, sorry.

eeveelution24

you might hate me for saying this, but that is a gamboy pokemon tcg 1 promo card, you can only get with buying pokemon tcg for gameboy, best suggestions would be e-bay for someone you know that would be willing to trade for it, sorry.

i checked on ebay plenty of times but i cannot find it in english, I did find the game on ebay with the promo card included but i don't want to by a whole new game just for the card because I already have the game (beat the game and everything)

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
i checked on ebay plenty of times but i cannot find it in english, I did find the game on ebay with the promo card included but i don't want to by a whole new game just for the card because I already have the game (beat the game and everything)

You couldn't find it in English because it was never made in English. It was one of the many cards that was only out in Japanese.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I got 2 questions.
1. Is there like a list that tells you what cards are banned?
2. Can I play a say a Pikachu from older sets (where he's a basic Pkmn) , or evolve it from a Pichu, or is it just illegal?

Asrialys

I got 2 questions.
1. Is there like a list that tells you what cards are banned?
What do you mean by banned? Several cards were banned when Wizards of the Coast was in charge, but The Pokemon Company International lifted all those bans. So there are no banned cards. If you're wondering which sets are "illegal" for tournament use, then only Diamond and Pearl, Platinum, and HeartGold SoulSilver series sets are legal.

2. Can I play a say a Pikachu from older sets (where he's a basic Pkmn) , or evolve it from a Pichu, or is it just illegal?
All Pikachu are still Basic Pokemon. Only a Pichu that says that it evolves into Pikachu, such as the ones with the Baby Evolution Poke-Power, can evolve into Pikachu.