• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The Espeon in the Daybreak deck has the Poke-Body Evolution Memories, which allows it to use the moves of other Eeveelutions in play. If Espeon uses such a move, will it be considered a Psychic attack?

Yes, it would still count as a psychic attack. You count the attacking Pokemon's type based on the actual Pokemon that's attacking, it doesn't matter how that Pokemon gained that attack.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
What is the chance of getting a EX card in BW:Next Destinies?

The "average" is 2 regular EXs and 1 FA EX per box. So that would make them about 1/12 packs. But as with every set, those are just the average and can always very slightly.

VelveteenWolf

Electricity Trainer
I bought a sealed Ancient Mew card and It came with a description card talking about a poster/play mat that players could get at a league. I tried looking for one to buy online, but come up with nothing. Any one know where I could find and buy one? The card was given out to people who went to see the second movie, Pokemon 2000. Any help wold be appreciated and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
Hi, i wanted to know, Are the reshiram, zekrom and kyurem ex tins coming out soon going to contain next destnies booster packs, and is the kyurem ex tin part of the next destinies line. Im asking because i looked them up and it just say ex colllecters tin and the description said 4 black and white booster packs. Are they the first bw or the bw: nd ones.

G50

No longer posting
I bought a sealed Ancient Mew card and It came with a description card talking about a poster/play mat that players could get at a league. I tried looking for one to buy online, but come up with nothing. Any one know where I could find and buy one? The card was given out to people who went to see the second movie, Pokemon 2000. Any help wold be appreciated and sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Amazon or Ebay has posters and playmats you could get.

Hi, i wanted to know, Are the reshiram, zekrom and kyurem ex tins coming out soon going to contain next destnies booster packs, and is the kyurem ex tin part of the next destinies line. Im asking because i looked them up and it just say ex colllecters tin and the description said 4 black and white booster packs. Are they the first bw or the bw: nd ones.

They should contain next destinies booster packs, and yes Kyurem ex tin is part of the next destinies line.

Rabidmunchlax

I have been out of the game for a few years now and I have decided to sell off my cards. Other than ebay, what online stores would you recomend? I don't mind selling to buylists as its worth the convenience, at least for me.

Also, are parallel foils the cards where the entire card is foiled as opposed to just the picture window?

Thanks

G50

No longer posting
I have been out of the game for a few years now and I have decided to sell off my cards. Other than ebay, what online stores would you recomend? I don't mind selling to buylists as its worth the convenience, at least for me.

Also, are parallel foils the cards where the entire card is foiled as opposed to just the picture window?

Thanks

Yes, reverse holo (or parallel foil holo) cards have a holographic or shiny background, instead of a foil picture.

Amazon and BBToyStore are the only other ones I know.

Rabidmunchlax

OK, cheers.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I haven't collected Pokemon cards for years. I have cards from every generation, though, except for the 5th. I was thinking about just purchasing a booster box (36 packs) on ebay for about $100. I've been doing some research and it seems that Next Destinies is the set to have right now, but before I purchase the box does anyone reccommend a different set from the Black and White generation?

Asrialys

I haven't collected Pokemon cards for years. I have cards from every generation, though, except for the 5th. I was thinking about just purchasing a booster box (36 packs) on ebay for about $100. I've been doing some research and it seems that Next Destinies is the set to have right now, but before I purchase the box does anyone reccommend a different set from the Black and White generation?
Do you plan on playing? Next Destinies does have some great Pokemon, Double Colorless Energy, Prism Energy, and good trainers.

VelveteenWolf

Electricity Trainer
Amazon or Ebay has posters and playmats you could get.

I'm looking for the Ancient mew play mat specifically. I already tried Amazon and Ebay, but no luck. Its more for collecting than using. I tried Troll and Toad and Collectors Cache, also.

G50

No longer posting
Hi,
I've got some cards from the EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX Sandstorm and EX Dragon sets that have the 'E-Reader' codes at the bottom. However, I've also got some cards from all the same sets that are exactly the same, but don't have the E-Reader codes at the bottom. I was wondering if this meant they were fake? I've searched Google, but can't find anything.
I believe the cards that have the E-Codes say they were printed in 2003 at the bottom of the card (R&S and Sandstorm anyway, haven't checked the other card set) whereas the cards without E-Codes all say they were printed in 2004, so could they just be reprints?

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
Hi,
I've got some cards from the EX Ruby & Sapphire, EX Sandstorm and EX Dragon sets that have the 'E-Reader' codes at the bottom. However, I've also got some cards from all the same sets that are exactly the same, but don't have the E-Reader codes at the bottom. I was wondering if this meant they were fake? I've searched Google, but can't find anything.
I believe the cards that have the E-Codes say they were printed in 2003 at the bottom of the card (R&S and Sandstorm anyway, haven't checked the other card set) whereas the cards without E-Codes all say they were printed in 2004, so could they just be reprints?

Yes, there are cards that don't have the E-Codes and were printed in 2004. Most likely those are just reprints.

Yes, there are cards that don't have the E-Codes and were printed in 2004. Most likely those are just reprints.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was going to sell the cards in a bundle on Ebay and just wanted to make sure they were authentic before I listed them.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
i was looking through some of my older cards, and found a Mr. Mime from Aquapolis, and saw it said '95b/147'. i then looked on the serebii database and the picture says '95a/147'. is there any reason for this? also, my card is an e-reader card.